Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric bieniemy
I’d definitely bring him in for an interview. He and Joe Brady would be tops on my list for first time HC. I’m generally against retreads, but I might be open to one of those instead, after the disaster that ZT is.

Knowing that HC will bring in coaches they’ve worked with at past stops, getting guys from the Reid or Payton coaching tree would be nice. Not a huge fan of the...Joe Philbin tree?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Chiefs had the #5 offense in the league the year before Bieniemy took over as their OC.

Not saying he is not a good coach, but he does not deserve any credit for making that offense great.  It was great before he took the OC job.

One of the most ludicrous posts you've made and there have been quite a few.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well it's like this. I was in the Bienemy camp, simply because he is an ex Bengal. I also realize if we had hired Eric, and he was not immediately successful, the same people criticizing Taylor would be saying "look at Taylor in LA, he's one of the new younger up and comers,  comes from a winning organization and we didn't get him"  Criticism is coming from the 20/20ers no matter what.

I was in the Bieniemy camp because of:
1) Being an ex-Bengal, he was familiar with the organization
2) He is in the Andy Reid coaching tree, of which many coaches have had success
3) He was the OC for an elite offense. While he did not primarily call the plays, I assume(d) he learned how to run an offense while observing Reid.
4) Being a former RB and seeing how RBs are used in KC, I assume(d) the running game would be a focal point, which was a strength coming into 2019 (at least compared to the passing game).

I still believe in all of those things except that the running game is no longer a strength. But I have more confidence in Bieniemy with the running game than I do Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The reality is that the coordinators and staff are often time much more important the the head coach. That's why I liked Marvin in certain aspects, he had a pretty good knack for hiring coordinators that did a pretty good job.

I look at Zac's staff and it's very underwhelming.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The reality is that the coordinators and staff are often time much more important the the head coach.  That's why I liked Marvin in certain aspects, he had a pretty good knack for hiring coordinators that did a pretty good job.

I look at Zac's staff and it's very underwhelming.

I would actually like to see Callahan be able to call a couple of games before I write him off. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:35 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How in the world did zac Taylor get this coaching job over him in the first place???you would think that bieniemy would have been the favorite just because he's a former bengals player,then there's the resume part of it..I saw Eric lighting into his offense last night for making mistakes this guy looks the part if you ask me wish we would've hired him here...

Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy!

Hilarious

One of Chris Berman's all-time greats!

I miss that guy on NFL Primetime so much!  

Before the wreck, I was more of a fan of college football just because it was more pure football (and you could also see the triple-option some which was just my dream to run growing up), and me and my old man used to fight over everything, but we always put that aside to watch Chris Berman on Primetime on Sunday night!

Life was amazing back then!

I think that the reason that Mike didn't hire Eric (if he had any say) is because he didn't carry the same enthusiasm that Marvin had when he came from being a defensive coordinator for one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history for the Rat Birds, even if the most important piece of that defense was a murderer!

I don't know about bringing him now just because Mike likes to give coaches 2nd, 3rd, 4th.......  145th chances and I feel like Taylor has been trying to be too cute with play calling, but give him a decent offensive line with AJ having one more year and I then move on to Bieniemy or whoever after next season.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well it's like this. I was in the Bienemy camp, simply because he is an ex Bengal. I also realize if we had hired Eric, and he was not immediately successful, the same people criticizing Taylor would be saying "look at Taylor in LA, he's one of the new younger up and comers, comes from a winning organization and we didn't get him" Criticism is coming from the 20/20ers no matter what.

Hard to imagine he’d only have 2 wins 19 games in...

Reply/Quote
sorry for the longest time i thought his name was eric the enemy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: sorry for the longest time i thought his name was eric the enemy

I like Chris Berman’s version: “Sleeping with Bieniemy.”
Reply/Quote
I was driving this afternoon and happened to catch a few moments of Mo's show on 1530. He was discussing the HC situation and said that he had it on good authority that the Bengals' FO went with ZT instead of Bienemy because Bienemy wanted to make more changes than the FO was comfortable allowing him to make. Quelle surprise.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like Chris Berman’s version: “Sleeping with Bieniemy.”

I have avoided Berman's return to ESPN until we actually have a game worth watching highlights for there. Basically it's been years and I haven't watched him yet.

Burrow needs to light someone up and win so I can watch Berman again lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I was driving this afternoon and happened to catch a few moments of Mo's show on 1530. He was discussing the HC situation and said that he had it on good authority that the Bengals' FO went with ZT instead of Bienemy because Bienemy wanted to make more changes than the FO was comfortable allowing him to make. Quelle surprise.

Tom Coughlin all over again.

Reply/Quote
What if I told you that you could hire a coach who failed as an offensive coordinator in college for a year before jumping back to the NFL, had some success in the NFL as an assistant coach, and got hired to a team that had a high powered offense as the offensive coordinator, even though he didn't actually call the plays in the offense.

You just hired Eric Bienemy.

Unfortunately you also just hired Zac Taylor.

I'm always weary of OC's that don't call plays for a lot of these high powered offenses. That's just me, though.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:48 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: What if I told you that you could hire a coach who failed as an offensive coordinator in college for a year before jumping back to the NFL, had some success in the NFL as an assistant coach, and got hired to a team that had a high powered offense as the offensive coordinator, even though he didn't actually call the plays in the offense.

You just hired Eric Bienemy.

Unfortunately you also just hired Zac Taylor.

I'm always weary of OC's that don't call plays for a lot of these high powered offenses. That's just me, though.

What are you talking about? Bieniemy has a proven track record at the coordinator level. Other than a failed stint as interim OC in Miami, Taylor had never been above position coach in the NFL before we hired him.

Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1311052459293306880

Interesting thread on twitter about EB today. Just food for thought that they're varying opinions.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are you talking about? Bieniemy has a proven track record at the coordinator level. Other than a failed stint as interim OC in Miami, Taylor had never been above position coach in the NFL before we hired him.

Bieniemy has been an "offensive coordinator" in an offense where the Head Coach is the one running the show for three years. I wouldn't exactly call that proven. He might be the next big thing, but again, I'm staying away. 

To me, when you look at their career paths I really do believe that both have gotten the benefit of working under their respective head coaches. McVay for Taylor and Reid for Bieniemy. 

I could totally be wrong, but I just want someone who's either capable of bringing in a capable play caller and letting them do their thing or running the show. I'm not sure if Bieniemy is that guy. Unfortunately, I know Taylor isn't. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I was driving this afternoon and happened to catch a few moments of Mo's show on 1530.  He was discussing the HC situation and said that he had it on good authority that the Bengals' FO went with ZT instead of Bienemy because Bienemy wanted to make more changes than the FO was comfortable allowing him to make.  Quelle surprise.

I bet you.that Bieniemy wanted Tobin replaced.
And probally wanted scouting department enlarged
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:35 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How in the world did zac Taylor get this coaching job over him in the first place???you would think that bieniemy would have been the favorite just because he's a former bengals player,then there's the resume part of it..I saw Eric lighting into his offense last night for making mistakes this guy looks the part if you ask me wish we would've hired him here...

I might be wrong on this but did the Bengals actually interview Bieniemy? I thought they didn't because he wasn't interested at the time. So I don't think it was actually an option? 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:26 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Bieniemy has been an "offensive coordinator" in an offense where the Head Coach is the one running the show for three years. I wouldn't exactly call that proven. He might be the next big thing, but again, I'm staying away. 

To me, when you look at their career paths I really do believe that both have gotten the benefit of working under their respective head coaches. McVay for Taylor and Reid for Bieniemy. 

I could totally be wrong, but I just want someone who's either capable of bringing in a capable play caller and letting them do their thing or running the show. I'm not sure if Bieniemy is that guy. Unfortunately, I know Taylor isn't. 

People don't seem to understand that Reid brought in Bieniemy after his OC stint at Colorado and he was twice passed over for the OC gig by guys with no OC experience at any level.  Despite the fact Bieniemy had experience as an OC and Pederson and Nagy didn't, Reid found the latter two to be better options than Bieniemy.  That is certainly not a ringing endorsement for his abilities as an OC.  He was Reid's third choice.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:26 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Bieniemy has been an "offensive coordinator" in an offense where the Head Coach is the one running the show for three years. I wouldn't exactly call that proven. He might be the next big thing, but again, I'm staying away. 

All I know is Taylor has failed at every level each time he’s been anything higher than a WR/QB coach. Maybe Bieniemy would fall on his face if he gets a HC job, but maybe he won’t. I think we’ll find out soon enough, and unfortunately there will probably be a lot of regret on our end, imo.

Andy Reid’s coaching tree is pretty impressive so far when you actually look at it. John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson, Ron Rivera, Sean McDermott, just to name a few...

Reply/Quote