Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson AND/OR Tate??
(07-30-2018, 06:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would be ok if they went with the AJ, Ross, Boyd, Erickson, Malone, and Tate. Assuming Tate continues to impress during camp and in preseason.

This is my new list as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This guy has tons of talent i loved watching that one handed catch even if it was just a college TD.

Reminded me of AJ/OBJ.

He just bigger and slower. But that don't matter with those hands. Better make the team. Just too good.
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate will.not make the practice squad...Teams like the Bills Broncos or Cowboys would heist him in before lunch time.
Tate made that one handed catch look easy even with average sized hands...Tate HAS STRONG MITTS..the strongest grip among the WRs.
he has height radius 2 things you cant teach.
if Tate keeps on ascending he might be dressing on game day.
2 Tyler Eiferts are better than 1.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 05:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you kidding??? Did you watch any of the games last year? Andy has the 2nd fastest release in the league and was running for his life on every play....

i did i watched every down.
you are correct Andy was running from a pocket collasping.Bodine and the bookend tackles didnt help.
i dont think Andy had time to set up and throw deep as much as he wanted..
but Ericksons lack of targets is alarming considering all i hear he's this great route runner.
what Erickson doesnt do is set up db's. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 06:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would be ok if they went with the AJ, Ross, Boyd, Erickson, Malone, and Tate. Assuming Tate continues to impress during camp and in preseason.

Would be fine with me 

but do not see Marvin cutting Lafell.

Going to be some hard cuts to make this season across the board.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I can see Erickson getting cut, then going on to have pro bowl years with NE.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be fine with me 

but do not see Marvin cutting Lafell.

Going to be some hard cuts to make this season across the board.  

Yeah me either. I am not knocking on Lafell though, cause he has done a decent job under the circumstances imo. But he does turn 32 this November, and maybe Marv and company will want to the younger guys to try to step up.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Erickson has actually shown up on game days. He's done nothing to disqualify him from my perspective. I really think that the reason his return numbers fell off last year had more to do with return blocking (or lack of) than anything he did or didn't do. He's pretty clutch when called upon in the slot as well.  I'm not saying he'll be the primary slot guy, but he's definitely solid for slot depth. 
I have absolutely nothing against Tate other than we've seen nothing from game days as of yet. Every player has to start somewhere. If Tate can really show up big in preseason games he'll be on the 53 man roster and very likely on the field once they're inside the 20.. Being fast is nice and all, but  the first thing any receiver has to be able to do is actually catch the ball regardless of how fast or slow he is. I'll take a slower receiver who comes down with the ball every time over a burner who drops it every single time any day of the year  
Core on the other hand seems like the perennial practice squad guy who never seems to break into the big time for one reason or another, but he might surprise everyone come preseason games .
If it hadn't been for some spectacular preseason performances we probably wouldn't even be talking about Erickson.. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 09:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i did i watched every down.
you are correct Andy was running from a pocket collasping.Bodine and the bookend tackles didnt help.
i dont think Andy had time to set up and throw deep as much as he wanted..
but Ericksons lack of targets is alarming considering all i hear he's this great route runner.
what Erickson doesnt do is set up db's. 

That's it though. It doesn't matter what Erickson is doing, when AJ is the first read and Erickson is the 3rd. Andy never had time to get that far before he had to chuck it.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's it though. It doesn't matter what Erickson is doing, when AJ is the first read and Erickson is the 3rd. Andy never had time to get that far before he had to chuck it.

You are right about that
Reply/Quote
I’m hoping the team can sacrifice some depth in other areas to keep Tate. From what I’ve seen thus far he looks like a slower Micheal Thomas over on the Saints.

Erickson deserves a spot as well. As another poster eluded to earlier, he is a gamer. I think he is a valuable backup.
Reply/Quote
I think we go with 7 and they cut Core....
Reply/Quote
One factor is, who other than Green is going to keep fighting to get open (or have the ability to) on broken plays. I expect the line to be improved, but still not great and I'm tired of watching AD scramble to a sideline looking for a receiver before giving up and tossing it out of bounds
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 12:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m hoping the team can sacrifice some depth in other areas to keep Tate. From what I’ve seen thus far he looks like a slower Micheal Thomas over on the Saints.

Erickson deserves a spot as well. As another poster eluded to earlier, he is a gamer. I think he is a valuable backup.

Michael Thomas is a good comparison to what Auden Tate reminds me of.
Reply/Quote
I believe the team will want both on the team. We know what Erickson can provide with depth for the spot and ST play. Tate looks like a good red zone weapon, but he needs to show up on ST to make this team. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core...

I see both Erickson and Tate making it after today. Erickson made more catches then anyone and one great catch.

Tate catches everything and will just make Touchdowns. Touchdowns win games, Auden Tate is a keeper.

Really liked Core's upside with his size, speed and physicality but he just doesn't go up for the ball like these guys.

Erickson is just seeming gritty, hard to get rid of these types of players. He is doing it as a Receiver, that is what we need.

"Hold up. Wait a minute. Sump'n ain't right."

Wasn't Core your boy? Or am i thinking of someone else?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
LaFell is getting cut. Good move.
Reply/Quote

EDIT: Just learned indeed Lafell is being cut. I wish him well and thanks, he did a good job here.

I can see this becoming a reality if all stay healthy through pre-season and:

1. Boyd steps up and beats Lafelle out of his #2 role
2. Ross continues to progress
3. Tate shows well in pre-season against other defensive backs.

I could also see Core staying involved, if so Erickson or Tate would go.

It is great to have options, but I am hopeful Boyd starts playing like a #1 receiver (Falcons have proven more options, the better) and Ross this year like a number 2 and the rest will fall into place.

Of course, we still need AJ to play much better than he did in 2017, his lack of focus at times was out of character, we need The stud AJ back consistently.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see this becoming a reality if all stay healthy through pre-season and:

1. Boyd steps up and beats Lafelle out of his #2 role
2. Ross continues to progress
3. Tate shows well in pre-season against other defensive backs.

I could also see Core staying involved, if so Erickson or Tate would go.

It is great to have options, but I am hopeful Boyd starts playing like a #1 receiver (Falcons have proven more options, the better) and Ross this year like a number 2 and the rest will fall into place.

Of course, we still need AJ to play much better than he did in 2017, his lack of focus at times was out of character, we need The stud AJ back consistently.

With LaFell being cut, I think Core should be the odd man out. Erickson is more versatile and Tate so far seems to have a better upside than Core does.

And I agree on AJ, though the entire offense blew last year and he still had a 1000 yards and 8 tds.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:33 AM)Millhouse Wrote: With LaFell being cut, I think Core should be the odd man out. Erickson is more versatile and Tate so far seems to have a better upside than Core does.

And I agree on AJ, though the entire offense blew last year and he still had a 1000 yards and 8 tds.

I don't disagree, but if Core is healthy and has a great preseason all bets are off as he is also talented. We also have options on punt and kick returns making Erickson who had 2 fumbles on punts not safe either.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote