Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Espn power rankings
(10-20-2015, 01:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Or the Panthers. Or the Falcons. There are at least 3 teams that definitely deserve to be higher as of right now.

No arguments here. 
Reply/Quote
Sorry but the Broncos are a Manning injury away from going belly up. He's old and done, and they don't have a contingency plan. You can only ride that defense so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sorry but the Broncos are a Manning injury away from going belly up. He's old and done, and they don't have a contingency plan. You can only ride that defense so far.

They might actually get better with a Manning injury.  He's been horrible so far this year.  
Reply/Quote
I think so too WhoDey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hell if we really want to get serious...the Broncos, Packers and Bengals are all 6-0. New England is only 5-0...so all 3 of those teams should rank higher at thos point

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Just saw this a minute ago.

Interesting/dumb how the Cardinals went up 2 spots after getting beat by a team with Landry Jones at QB, leaving 2 undefeated teams behind them somehow.

The Panthers and Bengals have absolutely been more impressive than Arizona over the past few weeks and neither team has lost yet, no reason for the Cards to be ahead.

Not only that, but they also dropped the steelers a spot for beating the cardinals. Ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:02 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Not only that, but they also dropped the steelers a spot for beating the cardinals. Ridiculous. 

Well I guess the 1 good thing that does is show the flaw in the logic of the entire national media having a pro-Steelers bias.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely ridiculous. I don't think we are alone in seeing the bias here. More people, including myself, are sold on Carolina. I think people have been sold on the Bengals since the Seahawks victory. We should be the #2 team. Perhaps #3 if you put Green Bay ahead of us.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
I typically browse the power rankings on Tuesday mornings but never put any stock in them and would never quibble over a spot here and there, but even I have to admit that the ESPN rankings are the most asinine thing I have ever seen from a "legitimate" sports news site. The good thing is, regardless of what ESPN's panel of "experts" say, the Bengals are 6-0 and 1st place in our division.

WHO DEY
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
If it makes you feel any better nearly everybody else has Bengals #2 or #3.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals could beat the snot out of both the Arizona Roadrunners and the Denver Horse-heads and yes, even if the game is played in either Tempe or Denver (which as we all know both will be).

The key to beating New England for the AFC championship is to make sure the game is played in Cincinnati, where the Bengals management has control over the equipment and the game-time communications systems.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:25 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: The Bengals could beat the snot out of both the Arizona Roadrunners and the Denver Horse-heads and yes, even if the game is played in either Tempe or Denver (which as we all know both will be).  

The key to beating New England for the AFC championship is to make sure the game is played in Cincinnati, where the Bengals management has control over the equipment and the game-time communications systems.

I know it's nitpicking, but AZ plays in Glendale.  I wish it was Tempe though, cause the 40 minute Uber from Scottsdale is gonna cost me come November.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:35 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: They might actually get better with a Manning injury.  He's been horrible so far this year.  

Was literally going to type the same thing.  He is a liability this year... without that defense they would be screwed.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Was literally going to type the same thing.  He is a liability this year... without that defense they would be screwed.

Once that defense starts to bend a bit more, that team is going to drop a few games. I'd have to say they're probably the least impressive undefeated team right now.

I think teams like the Jets or Bills would have a shot at beating them 6/10 times on a neutral field. Denver hasn't been "wowing" me this year at all.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Patriots have one less win than the Packers, Broncos and us, but are at top. Cards are 4-2 and ranked fourth. Steelers have the same record as the Cards and a win over them... but are ranked six spots below them. They've got three teams with losing records (Seahawks, Cowboys and Chargers) in the top 16 and three more with .500 records... one of which (Eagles) is ahead of the 4-2 Steelers.
Reply/Quote
That is why i prefer the NFL.com rankings, they seem to rank the Bengals a lot more fairly(and in this case logically)...
Reply/Quote
How on earth are the Broncos and cards ahead of us ......
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How on earth are the Broncos and cards ahead of us ......

Complete lack of rational thought went into the ranking?  That is the only explanation I can come up with... the Broncos barely beat the Browns (Browns should have won that game) and Manning looks worse by the week.  Arizona has two losses.  The only debate should be if Cincinnati is number two or three.
Reply/Quote
Funny though, if you look at the related links, an ESPN writer wrote an article that said they should be 4th. Gee thanks!

Anyhow, the comments amuse me below the rankings. Not one person could rationalize the rankings other than a panel of 80 writers are included to make this list.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
How in the sam hell does Arizona who lost and Denver who is dam lucky not to lose end up ahead of us. Whoever made this list should be fired immediately. What a joke.
Reply/Quote