Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Evan McPherson
So he’s still learning some things. No biggie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:52 PM)pally Wrote:
So, not the wind then....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was gonna drop this whole thing because it's really stupid, but i keep seeing where people (dunno, maybe it's just you?) saying that the flags weren't moving. Those flags are approximately 45 feet in the air. 

Are you going to try and tell me that if wind blows at lower levels, it MUST also blow at higher levels? That it's ABSOLUTELY NOT POSSIBLE for wind to blow at lower levels, unless it is also blowing at higher levels?

Are you going to posit, to me, that--'the wind wasn't blowing the flags at the top of the goal post', SO THEREFORE, IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE WIND TO BE BLOWING DOWN ON AND/OR NEAR THE FIELD OF PLAY?

Are you going to tell me the ba was traveling at field level, because I'm pretty sure it was kicked 40' in the air. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 06:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you going to tell me the ball(sic) was traveling at field level, because I'm pretty sure it was kicked 40' in the air. 

I have to agree that on the last FG he missed he put too much English on it and aimed a fraction to the left to compensate for the wind.  The ball was 40+ feet in the air and the FG tassels were not moving.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 06:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you going to tell me the ba was traveling at field level, because I'm pretty sure it was kicked 40' in the air. 

At it's apex, i'd say the ball was about equal to the top of the GP. If you look back, you can see the flags blowing 12-14" to the left and you see a gust right after he kicks it.

[Image: gusty.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anyway, Simmons seems to split the difference between the two views in this thread on the kicks in the Patriots' game: Yes, conditions contributed a lot to the misses, but were not solely the cause. That there are things McPherson needs to fix.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: Anyway, Simmons seems to split the difference between the two views in this thread on the kicks in the Patriots' game: Yes, conditions contributed a lot to the misses, but were not solely the cause. That there are things McPherson needs to fix.

I would expect nothing less than a STC saying he needs 'fix his part' of it and not just let weather bail him out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I dunno..Since McPherson is no longer considered absolutely perfect in every way it's time to move on..  Shocked  I, on the other hand will remain absolutely perfect for my remaining time as a perfect member of this board for your convenience and safety.. but not in every way imaginable.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
But what the hell is his damn ***official*** nickname?

Priorities, people!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Evan really only needs to heed Chubbs' advice.

[Image: th?id=OIP.E_0Off54dPvpdwUU020q7AHaEA&pid...id=Api&P=0]

"Just taaap it in"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But what the hell is his damn ***official*** nickname?

Priorities, people!

I think he loses all nicknames until we see how he does the rest of the season including the playoffs.  Until that time we should just call him Evan
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A terrible kicker that can't kick over 47 yards and though he can hit clutch kicks, he can't hit a normal one if his life depended on it?

Yeah, no thanks.

Don't you talk about Jimmy Breech like that sir....hold your tongue! Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:38 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think he loses all nicknames until we see how he does the rest of the season including the playoffs.  Until that time we should just call him Evan

I'm going to go throwback 80s ballad lyrics instead.

"Evan isn't too far away.  Closer to it every day.  No matter what the fans might say.  He'll find his way."

[Image: th?id=OIP.Sw5LWwJ5s7jK-3Fi5lsOawHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0][Image: th?id=OIP.5RktYH9gp00XbBzTENvy2QHaFX&pid...id=Api&P=0]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Don't you talk about Jimmy Breech like that sir....hold your tongue! Ninja

lol but it's true: everyone looks upon him fondly because he was the kicker during the glory years, but he sucked then and his stats suck even MORE now: yes, he was clutch, but if you can make a kick in the 2nd Q to ensure a victory in the 4th Q, rather than miss in the 2nd and then NEED your team to fight back to get that 4th Q FG, you're behind from the getgo.

People are a bit too fond of those SB teams, but for the wrong reasons; we can be fond of last year's WRs and Dline, for example, but we don't need to be fond of the oline.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol but it's true: everyone looks upon him fondly because he was the kicker during the glory years, but he sucked then and his stats suck even MORE now: yes, he was clutch, but if you can make a kick in the 2nd Q to ensure a victory in the 4th Q, rather than miss in the 2nd and then NEED your team to fight back to get that 4th Q FG, you're behind from the getgo.

People are a bit too fond of those SB teams, but for the wrong reasons; we can be fond of last year's WRs and Dline, for example, but we don't need to be fond of the oline.

Oh, I know.....Breech had no range at all. But still Truck..... LOL That said, I was in the stands when he kicked the game winner to lock up home field advantage against Washington. It was my first NFL game. Granted, it was a twenty yarder, lol. Excuse my orange colored glasses. Cool LMAO 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A terrible kicker that can't kick over 47 yards and though he can hit clutch kicks, he can't hit a normal one if his life depended on it?

Yeah, no thanks.

Party pooper!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But what the hell is his damn ***official*** nickname?

Priorities, people!

Until he gets rid of the yips, it's "McMaybe"
Reply/Quote

Priorities, people!

I swear to GOD, i'm killing everyone that tries to make "Legs Benedict" a thing.

(12-27-2022, 09:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.Sw5LWwJ5s7jK-3Fi5lsOawHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Why does he look like a Siamese twin there? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I swear to GOD, i'm killing everyone that tries to make "Legs Benedict" a thing.

Why does he look like a Siamese twin there? Ninja

"Legs Benedict Arnold?"  Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I swear to GOD, i'm killing everyone that tries to make "Legs Benedict" a thing.

you're not the one who benedictates these things, Phil
Reply/Quote