Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even I have to admit....
(04-05-2018, 10:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I also didn't realize that he tied Wes Welker for the most catches in the league in 2007.

Regardless, let's hope that he polishes up Ross's game and that Ross explodes this season with a huge year!

I remember a play the Bengals ran against the Dolphins to specifically get Housh the "extra" catch to win the overall vs Welker.  The Dolphins knew they were going to try and get Housh the ball.  The Bengals ran a really cool motion-stop, motion the opposite way pattern to Housh and he was wide open and got the catch for a decent game.  After, I realized the NFL counted it as a rush attempt because the pass was deemed not-forward.  He ended in a tie.  Groan.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How is it promising that it seems like John Ross has absolutely no idea how to run a route?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what kind of coach Housh is or could be  so reading about him saying that he'll teach Ross all this stuff doesn't necessarily fill me with a ton of confidence . One of the best teachers I ever had didn't really look the part. He looked like an old wino, but he could teach the stuff I wanted to learn back in school.. Some people can really do things and excel at them, but can't teach for doodly squat.. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
File away under "I'll believe it when I see it."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
All the speed and talent in the world, but will he have the work ethic to put the time in?

Will it just "click" for him?

I hope so.
Reply/Quote
I remember when Ogbuehi was taught MMA and got tougher n became a better NFL player too.
Reply/Quote
What? Hobson writing fluff pieces ? No way dude! He only writes the truth as carved in stone as handed down from the word of God himself! You can't go by the name of Butch unless you are 100% right 100% of the time.. Why, you can't even find one single time Butch has ever been wrong about anything ever .
Well maybe a few here and there like 38 times every other article, but those are the exceptions...To hear some people talk you would think Hobs is FOS sometimes . Nahhh...never except for. ....(to be continued ..)

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 10:57 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I remember when Ogbuehi was taught MMA and got tougher n became a better NFL player too.

And I remember both Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones improving dramatically between their first and second seasons.

Kirkpatrick and Jackson both had zero impact as rookies due to injury and are now are very good CBs.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I don't know why some people obsess on the negative and ignore anything positive that ever happened.
Reply/Quote
Raise your hand if you've already bet your house on Ross's success this upcoming season. 

Reply/Quote
39 drops??? Wtf lolololol.

I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 12:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Houshmandzadeh was called one of the NFL's most overrated players by many pundits. In fact, ESPN.com analyst K.C. Joyner noted that with 39 dropped passes in the 2005 season, Houshmandzadeh ranked as the worst in the NFL.

Okay, I am not saying that TJ didn't drop a few, but no way in hell he had 39 drops in just one year.

I agree.

TJ was a great player for us. I bet he would be a great coach.

I would love to see the Bengals bring back some of our great retired players who want to be coaches.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 11:21 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I agree.

TJ was a great player for us. I bet he would be a great coach.

I would love to see the Bengals bring back some of our great retired players who want to be coaches.

I am pretty sure tj would take that job in a heart beat. He is like the dad who comes to all the baseball practices in Hope's one day they will need a third base coach ..
Reply/Quote
Can we just stop with the BS! People are acting like Ross just started playing football yesterday. There isn't a receiver or player for that matter, that doesn't work with someone to get better, whether it translates into something is another story. I'm just happy that he isn't sitting around and not even trying.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember a play the Bengals ran against the Dolphins to specifically get Housh the "extra" catch to win the overall vs Welker.  The Dolphins knew they were going to try and get Housh the ball.  The Bengals ran a really cool motion-stop, motion the opposite way pattern to Housh and he was wide open and got the catch for a decent game.  After, I realized the NFL counted it as a rush attempt because the pass was deemed not-forward.  He ended in a tie.  Groan.  

I remember that game! Everybody was pulling for TJ to get that catch!!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 02:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well working with TJ is nice but he needs to answer why he is working with juju schuster.

Just stop with this. He doesn't need to explain anything to you or anyone. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I remember both Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones improving dramatically between their first and second seasons.

Kirkpatrick and Jackson both had zero impact as rookies due to injury and are now are very good CBs.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I don't know why some people obsess on the negative and ignore anything positive that ever happened.

Kirkpatrick is one of the worst corner backs in the league. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Kirkpatrick is one of the worst corner backs in the league. 

It's all relative.. a 91 ranked CB is very good to a 100 ranked cb ..
Reply/Quote
I think the guy was taking Total Targets - Receptions. Not all of those misses were "drops".

Usually total drops for a season doesn't equate to more than 20 for any player.

Joyner claims it was the 2005 season that TJ had 39 drops.
2005 TJ had 115 Targets and 78 Receptions = 37 misses
CBS Sports shows TJ with only 1 drop and Chad with 9 for the SEASON.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals-team-stats?season=2005&week=0&category=RECEIVING

The guy was misrepresenting a number in order to put TJ down.

And I love the idea of TJ helping our WR's. If Ross does better this year, I would like to see the Bengals get TJ into coaching somehow if he wants.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 09:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: It looks like he's at least putting in the work. Hopefully it'll pay off.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-re-routing-Ross/de40289d-9089-4811-b932-c2aadc2c1e66

LOL you beat me to it JJ22!

Cheers!
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What a lovely offseason fluff piece by Mr. Hobson.  Wasn't last year's on how Ogbuehi was "toughing it out" at MMA camp?

Yeah but MMA for an O-lineman and Housh bringing up baby are two different scenarios.  And I like the prospects for the latter.

Dude.  It' spring.  Put on your optimist hat!  You'll have to take it off soon enough.
Reply/Quote