Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone is complaining, but...
(10-29-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

This is certainly no excuse for the complete team meltdown at KC, but I'm just sayin' 5-3 right now ain't that bad.

Ehh, there's always excuses. They're littered throughout this thread. But 5-3 with this simply awful D is an amazing testament to their heart.

That and AD having one of his better years in his career. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Got it.  Sky is not falling.

I just get a little worried when I see our defense look like this...

[Image: 980x-5.gif]

Lol.... Wow that's good stuff Rocker. Yeah, the D just bafills me? Four picks, several sacks, a pick six, and they still managed to look terrible.

Happy to be where we are, but would b feeling much better had they taken one of those games (Pitt/KC).
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:53 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Lol.... Wow that's good stuff Rocker. Yeah, the D just bafills me? Four picks, several sacks, a pick six, and they still managed to look terrible.

Happy to be where we are, but would b feeling much better had they taken one of those games (Pitt/KC).

It's mostly the LBs. They've have been targeted a league-high 119 times through Week 8.

The results?

53 first downs (league-high)
987 yards (league-high)

at least 400 missed tackles. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Thread is TL;DR, but maybe they are top ten offenses in large part to our pathetic defense?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:35 AM)GodFather Wrote: No we didn't, wasn't a primetime major game for the Bengals. Thats not national spotlight...Sundays game against the Chiefs was a national spotlight game in primetime.

Thursday and Monday night games are primetime as well.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our bad 2017 team beat Ravens last year, in Baltimore and knocked them out of playoffs.

I see Steelers beating Ravens Sunday, simply they are the better team right now

No the Squealers are not better then the Ravens now.

The Squealers just beat three meh teams in a row. Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:22 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Thread is TL;DR, but maybe they are top ten offenses in large part to our pathetic defense?

A lot of these teams are putting up big numbers against everyone, not just us. Especially KC.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:46 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No the Squealers are not better then the Ravens now.

The Squealers just beat three meh teams in a row. Whatever

You may be right
I may be right
We will see Sunday
Must win for Ravens if they want to win division
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:35 AM)GodFather Wrote: No we didn't, wasn't a primetime major game for the Bengals. Thats not national spotlight...Sundays game against the Chiefs was a national spotlight game in primetime.

Senior moment here GF?  Of course it was primetime.  They won their once a year primetime game and got slaughtered in their second one with the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

This is certainly no excuse for the complete team meltdown at KC, but I'm just sayin' 5-3 right now ain't that bad.

Yeah, the Chiefs game was the one that made me concerned but heck, every team has a let down game once in awhile.

This Defense definately needs to improve, namely the Linebackers and with Vigil coming back, maybe a trade, Malik
becoming a decent player there are ways that this could happen. Still like our D-line even with Lawson out for the year.

Our Corners are still decent especially if we move away from this soft zone we have been playing.

Bates is a stud already.

Dalton and our weapons have played great this season namely, Green, Boyd and Mixon. We can score on anyone and
the O-line actually opened up some nice holes in the last game. Hopkins impressed me at Center and we will have Price
coming back soon.

Not going to complain, we should make a trade though to help this Defense. Bring in a LB that can tackle and cover.
Reply/Quote
Yes we are 5-3. we are what our record is.
what concerns me is that we have serious issues
on this roster that might be keep this franchise
from making the playoffs.
and the front office wont even try to bring in outside help to hrlp with those issues.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:55 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Senior moment here GF?  Of course it was primetime.  They won their once a year primetime game and got slaughtered in their second one with the Chiefs.

LOL...yes senior moment my man...  now lets go to the mall at 7am for a walk and then for breakfast! 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Bengals are 23rd in yards per game on offense. Good is an overstatement.

......and 10th in points, including the laid egg at Arrowhead.  There are several things that factor into the yards.....Erickson has set them up nicely on several returns, there have been turnovers by the maligned defense (4 just this week) that has set up short fields.  They are scoring, they are great in the red zone, and they have 4 game winning drives.  Good is about right, anything above that would be an overstatement.  The defense still can't get off of the field on 3rd.  I stand by my synopsis.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This team managed to lose a home playoff game after an 8-0 start with a perfect record at home during the regular season. My shell...is Bengal-thick. I am a rock, I am an island. For a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our bad 2017 team beat Ravens last year, in Baltimore and knocked them out of playoffs.

I see Steelers beating Ravens Sunday, simply they are the better team right now

Being the Better team has little to do with our round robin in the AFC North.   Baltimore seems to have their number moreso than any other team, just like we seem to have Baltimore's.....and Pittsburgh has ours.   There just seems to be no rhyme or reason when these three teams play one another.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:14 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Being the Better team has little to do with our round robin in the AFC North.   Baltimore seems to have their number moreso than any other team, just like we seem to have Baltimore's.....and Pittsburgh has ours.   There just seems to be no rhyme or reason when these three teams play one another.

This is the truth, strange but true.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we are the worst defense in the league, I think the offenses we have played do have something to do with it. That said I think we are in the 24-28 range as far as defenses.....which still is bad haha.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think we are the worst defense in the league, I think the offenses we have played do have something to do with it. That said I think we are in the 24-28 range as far as defenses.....which still is bad haha.

Good Defenses tackle well and we are bad at tackling, i agree, not the worst D cause we have a good pass rushing DL.

But our LB's are among the worst and our soft zone that we play doesn't help our Secondary.

Don't know what was up with Shawn on the Mike Evans 72 yard TD catch, that was inexcusable.

Will Jax has had his share of screw ups even. I think coaching is the biggest reason, Austin has been really bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: LOL...yes senior moment my man...  now lets go to the mall at 7am for a walk and then for breakfast! 

Hilarious  I'm probably older than you (65) but I started having the occasional 'senior moment' once I hit the 50 mark!  Nervous  
Reply/Quote

I could be wrong but I thought prime time means at night, and you're the only game being played, which, if I remember right, includes Thursday NIGHT.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote