Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone is complaining, but...
we always play awful following steelers game. so thats why im willing to excuse the chiefs game. Want to make some money when legalized sports betting comes to ohio next season bet the farm on whoever the bengals and steelers play following the bengals steelers game.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:41 PM)McC Wrote: I could be wrong but I thought prime time means at night, and you're the only game being played, which, if I remember right, includes Thursday NIGHT.

Primetime/Big Stage Games are games that are played that are aired nationally, when no other team is playing, including MNF, TNF, SNF, all playoff games and the London games.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are like a really nice lemon of a car. A high performance engine, great transmission and 4 high performance tires with bent rims that leak too much air that leave you sitting on the side of the road on a cold, rainy day and no cell phone signal to call for help ..and both the engine and transmission leak badly in places you just can't seem to locate even on a nice day. Sure, you can drive to where you're going in style, but you can never get home without a tow truck. 
Still, all in all, I follow the team for the entertainment value and there's no denying they're if nothing, entertaining . They always lose in entertaining fashion.  Did anyone fail to laugh during the KC game ?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody seems to realize that the Bengals have played against 5 of the top 10 Offenses in the NFL, so far.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

This is certainly no excuse for the complete team meltdown at KC, but I'm just sayin' 5-3 right now ain't that bad.

I think that the reason these offenses are top 10 might be because of this defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 5-3 isn't bad but this is not an encouraging 5-3. At all. This team very easily could be 0-fer right now. We have a lot of problems...

This team could realistically finish 7-9 or 8-8

The only team that actually whipped us WAS kc as the stinkin panthers was holding all game and the refs allowed it and the roughing the passer bull at that game was just stupid.If that game was at our place,we win. the the pissburg game was just one play from being ours.Yes ,we got hammered at kc and I am not going to like that for years,but actually we could by all conversations be 7 and 1.Thats how close we came to that happening.I despise cam newton and his whole crap and I hope they no NOWHERE. I think we have a legit shot at beating the saints at our place and getting back some D GUYS will help us.Now tez MUST play like his hair is on fire.If we can get folks healthy,we can make a run.STAY TUNED.And this message is coming from a guy that has been with this team longer than anyone,like 50 years.I am a retired vet and joined them in 1968.I am in my 70's folks.And I  cherish every game. I see this season as a lot of teams got much better this season and we have been playing the cream of the crop and it just gets harder.And not picking up a player at the deadline is not so much Mike Brown,but Marvin as he actually has the final say these days.Looking at whats was out there,perhaps only a couple guys would have been able to come in here and make a difference and these dudes want crazy money. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 06:45 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I think that the reason these offenses are top 10 might be because of this defense. 

They have been accumulating their stats on their other opponents, as well.  The defense has problems, for sure, but the issues may be exacerbated by playing against the better QBs/Offenses in the league.  In other words, things might not be quite as bad as they appear to be.  For one, I feel like the pass rush would have a much better chance of doing it's job, if they put the coverage in man, rather than giving receivers an "instantly open" moment in zone.  As for the rush defense?  They are just going to have to suck it up and play a little tougher.  That's just trench warfare..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote