Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excitement in the Jungle
Between being a work at home teacher and the fact I have been wanting Joey Burrow since October I am excited for the future of this team. A lot of us came from the original Bengals message board and thankfully this was created after that went away. I am ready for it to be OUR time!! We spent more money in Free Agency than I could have imagined. Happy draft week and Who Dey!!
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 07:20 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Between being a work at home teacher and the fact I have been wanting Joey Burrow since October I am excited for the future of this team. A lot of us came from the original Bengals message board and thankfully this was created after that went away. I am ready for it to be OUR time!! We spent more money in Free Agency than I could have imagined. Happy draft week and Who Dey!!

Who Dey for sure and Thursday is going to be fun to watch!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is really shaping up to be a very different Bengals team overnight. They are making moves to win NOW that Burrow will be on a rookie deal. Very, very exciting times.

Perhaps making it even better is the fact that all the news outlets still think the Bengals will be 4th in the division. Prepare to eat shyt...media.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who Dey for sure and Thursday is going to be fun to watch!

It will be great to make it official Thursday, but Friday will really be the fun night for us I think. We usually do pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd so it could be a big night for us.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be great to make it official Thursday, but Friday will really be the fun night for us I think. We usually do pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd so it could be a big night for us.

I agree. Friday is going to be a long day thinking about all of the possibilities for that round 2 pick. Really can’t wait.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is really shaping up to be a very different Bengals team overnight.  They are making moves to win NOW that Burrow will be on a rookie deal.  Very, very exciting times.  

Perhaps making it even better is the fact that all the news outlets still think the Bengals will be 4th in the division.  Prepare to eat shyt...media.

Burrow is going to have that Andrew Luck effect. We're not going to win 11 games because that Colts team was a lot better than ours is but we'll definitely be in the wild card mix for most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:37 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Burrow is going to have that Andrew Luck effect. We're not going to win 11 games because that Colts team was a lot better than ours is but we'll definitely be in the wild card mix for most of the season.

Idk about all that. We have much better weapons for Burrow than Luck had. AJ, Boyd, Ross, Mixon...

Luck pretty much just had Wayne.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be great to make it official Thursday, but Friday will really be the fun night for us I think. We usually do pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd so it could be a big night for us.

Agreed, I'm eager to see who we land in both spots.  The 4th round is interesting too because it's a pick where Tobin and Taylor will have the night to think on the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:37 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Burrow is going to have that Andrew Luck effect. We're not going to win 11 games because that Colts team was a lot better than ours is but we'll definitely be in the wild card mix for most of the season.

I will say it right now....If AJ Green and Ross are healthy all season, the Bengals are in the playoffs.  The FA moves on defense.  The draft yet to come.  A coaching staff that actually got BETTER as the season progressed, instead of the usual decline.  This team is poised.  Only KC scares me.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will say it right now....If AJ Green and Ross are healthy all season, the Bengals are in the playoffs.  The FA moves on defense.  The draft yet to come.  A coaching staff that actually got BETTER as the season progressed, instead of the usual decline.  This team is poised.  Only KC scares me.  

Baltimore also scares me. It’s their division until we see otherwise.

Reply/Quote
Looking forward to a fun weekend. Lord knows we need it.
Reply/Quote
I am always excited each year for a draft regardless how we have done since that means we have a football team in our City...... As for this draft I am excited but actually felt more excitement in 2011 leading into it.. Was so happy the drama with Palmer was over.. not bring back Owens and Chad.. and felt like a real fresh start coming into the season and it lead us to the start of 5 playoff appearances.. I hope with the FA signings and the expected improvement of Burrow over Dalton at QB.. We can start back to the playoffs this year and Win...

Little bit of trivia.. after that first year success in 2011 we had the highest improvement in attendance in 2012 season over any other team..
Reply/Quote
I feel like a kid before Christmas. I haven’t owned a Bengals jersey in years but I’m definitely going to get a Burrow color rush jersey when available. I love the FA moves and think we will see a completely different team on the field this year. Can’t wait to see what Zac and company can do this year.
Reply/Quote

The Colts were only in the running with Luck because their division was weak most of the time.
Andrew Luck vs AFCS: 24-7
Andrew Luck vs Rest: 27-26

2013-2016, no other divisional team in the AFCS won 10+ games.
Heck, in 2015-2016 NO team in the AFCS won 10+ games.

2012-2016, there was at least 1 team every single year in the AFCS who had 3 wins or less. (2 in 2014)

(04-19-2020, 09:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about all that. We have much better weapons for Burrow than Luck had. AJ, Boyd, Ross, Mixon...

Luck pretty much just had Wayne.

Disagree.

Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard
AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, CJ Uzomah, Drew Sample, Joe Mixon

The only spot where the 2020 Bengals clearly win over the 2012 Colts in a H2H matchup by offensive skill position right now is at RB with Mixon over Ballard.

- - - - - - - - - -
(At least how it stands for now. Might be subject to change after the draft.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Colts were only in the running with Luck because their division was weak most of the time.

2012-2016, there was at least 1 team every single year in the AFCS who had 3 wins or less. (2 in 2014)

Disagree.

The only spot where the 2020 Bengals clearly win over the 2012 Colts in a H2H matchup by offensive skill position right now is at RB with Mixon over Ballard.

- - - - - - - - - -
Have to disagree with you .. I give edge to Boyd.. Hilton as a rookie is not as good as Boyd is now... So I would say a split  Mixon Boyd advantage Wayne and group at TE..  I will also say that i think Tate is going to emerge as a solid player after the improvement he showed last year
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have to disagree with you .. I give edge to Boyd.. Hilton as a rookie is not as good as Boyd is now... So I would say a split  Mixon Boyd advantage Wayne and group at TE..  I will also say that i think Tate is going to emerge as a solid player after the improvement he showed last year

I actually thought for awhile about making it a wash between Boyd and Hilton, but Hilton was downright explosive even as a rookie. It's hard to not favor a guy who can break a big TD at any given time.

2019 Boyd: 90/1,046(11.6)/5  (forced into #1 role)
2013 Hilton: 50/861(17.2)/7  (as a #2)

6.6 more yards per catch is a HUGE difference. 

Hilton had 4 TDs of 40+ yards and 5 100+ yd games as a rookie. Boyd has had 1 and 7, respectively, in his 4 year career.
- - - - - - - - - - -

I'm fine with calling it a split if you want, though. My main point was just to prove that the weapons Burrow will have aren't "much better" than what Luck had. 

Luck had some pretty good pass catchers around him his rookie season. Wayne was a HoF finalist on his first chance, and Hilton is only 309 yards behind AJ Green career-wise, despite being drafted a year later. Luck was doing okay. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Colts were only in the running with Luck because their division was weak most of the time.

Disagree.

- - - - - - - - - -

I dunno man... I guess numbers don't lie, but in 2013 alone the Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks (champions that year), and the Broncos who were dusting teams. Their division was sorta weak at the time, but they were beating good teams, and Andrew Luck was leading his team deeper and deeper into the playoffs early on before the injuries. In fairness; they'd turn around and get pummeled by lesser teams after beating the big boys that year. I remember we smacked them around that season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to pick up a Burrow jersey! If AJ is fit and healthy his going to have some weapons and I think Ross will take off with Burrow at QB.

Joe
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 07:20 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Between being a work at home teacher and the fact I have been wanting Joey Burrow since October I am excited for the future of this team. A lot of us came from the original Bengals message board and thankfully this was created after that went away. I am ready for it to be OUR time!! We spent more money in Free Agency than I could have imagined. Happy draft week and Who Dey!!

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
"Joey?"
Reply/Quote