Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Predicts RYAN JENSEN WILL SIGN WITH US!
(03-01-2022, 05:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep.

I'd like to find a way to keep Bates, but, if it comes down to Bates or offensive line, I'm going o-line every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Burrow proved how good he really is and how he can carry this team, and I think Mike Brown and the front office, like everyone else that knows anything about football, sees that but knows we just need to protect him.

Feel the same, keep the DL strong and make our OL strong. The trenches are where games are won and we were weak on one
side and still won 13 games and went to a Superbowl with weak play in front of Burrow. I cannot imagine how good we can be 
with great play in the trenches on BOTH sides. Cannot overpay Bates to forsake an OL we need. If he takes a deal that makes it 
still possible for the OL to be upgraded big time? Even better.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Normally, I'd agree and I can't blame you for being skeptical, but, like I said, I think now that Mike Brown has experienced the what it's like to have a team this good and experience this much success that he'll open his wallet and let the football people make the decisions and do what it takes to bring in good players. That's especially true for linemen because he knows protecting Burrow is protecting his wallet.

(I know he "experienced" the success of the 80s and early 90s, but it was a different time and wasn't all under his control.)

After being disappointed being a Bengals fan most of my life and just having no pride in football in the area, you're damn right I'm getting my hopes up!

Just PTSD still hitting me. I believe we're in a new dey when it comes to our FA/offseason approach. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Like others said, fan of statements like this being made but if I was the FO, I'd spend more on a younger, albeit, proven player than Jensen but it still moves the needle in the right direction so, bring him on!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love the player upgrade, but I would rather split it over two positions if it limits adding a 5th starter.

If Bozeman/Allen are truly 7M guys and Norwell/C.Williams are around 7M give me this worth a RT. That keeps Carman and Smith on the bench fighting for jobs and if nothing else they beat one of the guards and you have a great sub.
Reply/Quote
Brian Allen has grown on me but isn't he very injury prone? He missed half of 2019 and all of 2020. This year he played most games, but I still recall him frequently showing up on the injury report. And he's really small.

Jensen has played in a heavily power/gap scheme most of his career but I think he can still play in our wide zone scheme, from what I've seen on film. In the draft, Cam Jurgens, from Nebraska (Zac's school, FWIW) would be a great pickup on day 2. Expect him to fly up draft boards.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote