Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for Kirkpatrick this year
(08-17-2016, 11:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dalton did have a weak arm (average, at best) for the NFL until he started working with Tom House.  

No he didn't.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 11:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he didn't.

Are you serious right now?

Why do you think he worked with Tom House?  What do you think the criticism of him was before he started working with House?

Here's an article from 2012 ranking him to have the 29th strongest arm in the NFL, which means he had the 4th weakest.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's an article from 2012 ranking him to have the 29th strongest arm in the NFL, which means he had the 4th weakest.

I have never heard of Alen Dumonjic, but he has no idea what he is talking about.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 12:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never heard of Alen Dumonjic, but he has no idea what he is talking about.

lol.

He writes for Bleacher Report.  He obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you.

Here's one with quotes from Jay Gruden:

Quote:The deep ball issue is one that has dogged Dalton since his college days and it is one that the team hoped to improve in between his first and second seasons. Their play calling suggests they don’t believe he made much growth in that area, just 37 throws of more than 20 yards, nor does his average of 5.99 yards per pass attempt.

Dalton hasn’t liked hearing the criticism about his arm strength from those outside the organization in the past. We’ll see if he has any thoughts about hearing it publicly from the guy running the offense.

I suppose Gruden doesn't know what he's talking about, either?

I can find lots more examples and it was a big talking point on the old board.

You can't offer anything other than "his arm strength and deep ball have never been an issue because I say they haven't."
Reply/Quote
Dalton's deep ball problem was never arm strength, it was accuracy and timing. He worked with House to improve his motion to get them down.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 12:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

He writes for Bleacher Report.  He obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you.

Here's one with quotes from Jay Gruden:

I suppose Gruden doesn't know what he's talking about, either?

I can find lots more examples and it was a big talking point on the old board.

You can't offer anything other than "his arm strength and deep ball have never been an issue because I say they haven't."

Yes Grusne, unlike you, knows exactly what he is talking about.  Gruden said that Dalton had to work on his accuracy and timing.  That has nothing to do with arm strength.

Since you agree that gruden knows more than either of us about Dalton's armn strength here is a direct quote from him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/21/jay-gruden-no-reservations-about-daltons-arm-strength/

Cosell said that he thinks Dalton has some limitations when it comes to arm strength and that he’s heard there are members of the Bengals organization that feel the same way. Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden responded to Cosell on Monday, telling Joe Reedy of theCincinnati Enquirer that he doesn’t have any doubts about Dalton’s ability to do the job.

“I don’t know where that came from and why he said it,” Gruden said. “If there were reservations about Andy Dalton there would be a lot more quarterbacks here right now. We know and he knows he has to get better. … I have no reservations about arm strength. I think he can do it all.”

Get it now Brad?  Dalton never had a weak arm. 

But thanks for proving my point about how little fans know about judging football talent. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think he steps up his game in a contract year, and last year was his first full year as a starter and healthy (started 15 games if I'm not mistaken, which is close enough).

I think he comes to play and gets at least one pick 6  ThumbsUp

I believe he was dealing with an injury last year.. (hand or shoulder)  but did well enough
Reply/Quote
I am starting to get confused though, I thought this thread was expectations for Dre, yet it is going in the direction of contesting Dalton's arm strength.... thanks Xeno for trying to get us back to Kirkpatrick :)
Reply/Quote
My expectations for Kirkpatrick is to continue to be the weak link in a very strong Secondary.

Hope he proves my expectations wrong and becomes a solid corner and puts this Secondary in another category of greatness.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My expectations for Kirkpatrick is to continue to be the weak link in a very strong Secondary.

Hope he proves my expectations wrong and becomes a solid corner and puts this Secondary in another category of greatness.

He is already a very solid CB.

The fact that Adam Jones is better than him does not make Dre a poor CB.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 10:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is already a very solid CB.

The fact that Adam Jones is better than him does not make Dre a poor CB.

Could have fooled me after that very solid performance he put on last night....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:37 AM)Sweetness513 Wrote: Could have fooled me after that very solid performance he put on last night....

Yeah, apparently I was fooled too.  Marvin Jones abused him, and Stafford made a living on him.  I sure hope Dennard can step up, cause our "solid" CB looks more like a gaseous element.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:37 AM)Sweetness513 Wrote: Could have fooled me after that very solid performance he put on last night....

(08-19-2016, 09:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, apparently I was fooled too.  Marvin Jones abused him, and Stafford made a living on him.  I sure hope Dennard can step up, cause our "solid" CB looks more like a gaseous element.

Hey guys, where are your threads calling for Bernard to be cut?

2 carries for 2 yards.  Worst RB in the league based on that, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey guys, where are your threads calling for Bernard to be cut?

2 carries for 2 yards.  Worst RB in the league based on that, right?

Who started a thread for Dre to be cut?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who started a thread for Dre to be cut?

Who is judging Gio based on one pre-season game?

How can you support a RB who had only 2 yards on 2 carries?  You can't want a guy like that on our team can you?  His performance in one preseason game proves he is terrible, correct?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who is judging Gio based on one pre-season game?

How can you support a RB who had only 2 yards on 2 carries?  You can't want a guy like that on our team can you?  His performance in one preseason game proves he is terrible, correct?

I think they are taking his past into consideration. Not just the preseason game. The preseason game just reinforced their idea of Kirk.
Reply/Quote
Oh no Kirkpatrick gave up some plays to a 10/mil a year WR he's doomed. Our secondary is doomed. We're all doomed.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read everyone's post but he did get burned a lot against Jones. Seemed like he was getting picked on like a rookie
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious right now?

Why do you think he worked with Tom House?  What do you think the criticism of him was before he started working with House?

Here's an article from 2012 ranking him to have the 29th strongest arm in the NFL, which means he had the 4th weakest.

Arm strength was never the problem.   Proper mechanics is what House has brought to the table.... and that can turn a duck into a missile.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 05:54 PM)treee Wrote: Oh no Kirkpatrick gave up some plays to a 10/mil a year WR he's doomed. Our secondary is doomed. We're all doomed.

This.

Even the best get abused by the better receivers sometimes.

Dre is not Pac Man but hes def more than serviceable and I don't believe he is the one blight on our secondary like some believe.
Reply/Quote