Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA QB Movement (Re: Dalton)
Brady: Down to TB and NE. Both TB and NE could be landing spots for Dalton. I guess. Whichever team doesn't get Brady may want him. I would think either team would shift to Rivers before Dalton.

Indy is pursuing Philip Rivers as well. IND has always been the most logical destination for him in my opinion.

LA-C are prepared to hand the reigns to Tyrod Taylor, amazingly. I can't help but think they may need Dalton.

CHI is about to sign Teddy Bridgewater.

TEN was never really a realistic landing spot, but they threw big money at Tannehill.

I can't think of any other fit or opening.

Combine this with the fact that the Bungles want to send him to a place he wants to go, and I don't think we're getting anything for him in trade.

The fact that there is so little actual interest in him confirms that most Bungle fans are correct in their estimations of Mr. Dalton's ability.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good summation of where things stand, but I wouldn't be so gloomy just yet.

There is a scenario we're the ones without a chair when the music stops, but still lots of things would have to fall into place for that to happen. Brady is the key.

Assume Bridgewater signs with the Bears. New England would be Dalton's next best suitor. If Brady leaves, I don't think they go to Mariota or Winston, as those guys aren't Belichik's kind of QB. Assuming Rivers to the Colts, I bet he pivots to Dalton. They have tons of draft picks after all.

Now, assume Brady back to NE for the sake of argument. That means maybe TB goes for Dalton. And then for the sake of argument let's say they re-up Winston instead. There is still a chance that Carolina trades Newton and acquires Dalton. Despite LAC's and Denver's rhetoric about sticking with the guys they have, don't rule them out.

I agree we shouldn't overplay our hand here, and the leak about how we're "willing to listen to offers" from J. Anderson worries me a bit, a lot would still have to go wrong to end up holding the bag on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 03:29 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Good summation of where things stand, but I wouldn't be so gloomy just yet.

There is a scenario we're the ones without a chair when the music stops, but still lots of things would have to fall into place for that to happen. Brady is the key.

Assume Bridgewater signs with the Bears. New England would be Dalton's next best suitor. If Brady leaves, I don't think they go to Mariota or Winston, as those guys aren't Belichik's kind of QB. Assuming Rivers to the Colts, I bet he pivots to Dalton. They have tons of draft picks after all.

Now, assume Brady back to NE for the sake of argument. That means maybe TB goes for Dalton. And then for the sake of argument let's say they re-up Winston instead. There is still a chance that Carolina trades Newton and acquires Dalton. Despite LAC's and Denver's rhetoric about sticking with the guys they have, don't rule them out.

I agree we shouldn't overplay our hand here, and the leak about how we're "willing to listen to offers" from J. Anderson worries me a bit, a lot would still have to go wrong to end up holding the bag on Dalton.

Word is Bridgewater is Plan B for TB. As he can only be in one place, TB to TB would put Chicago back in play for Dalton.

I do have a strange feeling NE is his most likely destination if Brady leaves. 

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 04:31 PM)pally Wrote:

That does suck. No 1st or 3rd pick right now for Chicago. I thought that would be the best place for him in regards to beating out Trubisky for the starting job. But, it looks like we only get a 4th, #107 if that's the case. Maybe a player too such as any of their LB's or OGs? Lol

I still believe the Colts, TB, NE and/or SD could be landing spots for QB competition or starter there.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 03:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Brady: Down to TB and NE. Both TB and NE could be landing spots for Dalton. I guess. Whichever team doesn't get Brady may want him. I would think either team would shift to Rivers before Dalton.

Indy is pursuing Philip Rivers as well. IND has always been the most logical destination for him in my opinion.

LA-C are prepared to hand the reigns to Tyrod Taylor, amazingly. I can't help but think they may need Dalton.

TEN was never really a realistic landing spot, but they threw big money at Tannehill.

Combine this with the fact that the Bungles want to send him to a place he wants to go, and I don't think we're getting anything for him in trade.

The fact that there is so little actual interest in him confirms that most Bungle fans are correct in their estimations of Mr. Dalton's ability.
Bridgewater is not going to Chicago.
Reply/Quote
Rivers should be announced to IND shortly. So both he and Bridgewater are off the board, and word is Brady's going to TB.

Reply/Quote
Keep Dalton , Trade the pick.. Get Simmons and some picks.. Screw it
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 03:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Brady: Down to TB and NE. Both TB and NE could be landing spots for Dalton. I guess. Whichever team doesn't get Brady may want him. I would think either team would shift to Rivers before Dalton.

Might not even end up about Dalton's ability.  Could end up being a matter of waiting until he's released and not having to give up anything in a trade.  While no one is giving up the farm for him, it doesn't necessarily mean they think he's a bum.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Keep Dalton , Trade the pick.. Get Simmons and some picks.. Screw it

You lost me at "Keep Dalton".
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 03:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Brady: Down to Tampa Bay

Indy has agreed to a deal with Philip Rivers

Carolina has agreed to a deal with Teddy Bridgewater

Updated for ya. It's down to Chicago and New England for Dalton...which are the same 2 teams which have been connected to him all off-season anyway.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Keep Dalton , Trade the pick.. Get Simmons and some picks.. Screw it

im glad your not the GM....
We need Burrow....hes the key to the future of this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Updated for ya. It's down to Chicago and New England for Dalton...which are the same 2 teams which have been connected to him all off-season anyway.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Thx

Looks like the Bears are trying to trade for Cam. If that happens, then it's NE or bust for Andy, most likely. 

Reply/Quote
Any chance anyone would be interested in trading for both Andy and Dre, giving up a 2nd or late 1st round pick? I'm wondering if we'll be forced to release both of them.

Honestly though, Andy is a top 15 QB in this league. He's got talent. He's a leader. He could be a great starter while a young QB develops behind him. The market for QBs this year is flooded though. Dre is a decent cover corner too. But combined the two have, what? 25k in salary? It just seems like we'll have to release these guys, unless someone wants to offer a trade and then re-sign them.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:58 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Any chance anyone would be interested in trading for both Andy and Dre, giving up a 2nd or late 1st round pick? I'm wondering if we'll be forced to release both of them.

Honestly though, Andy is a top 15 QB in this league. He's got talent. He's a leader. He could be a great starter while a young QB develops behind him. The market for QBs this year is flooded though. Dre is a decent cover corner too. But combined the two have, what? 25k in salary? It just seems like we'll have to release these guys, unless someone wants to offer a trade and then re-sign them.

DeAndre Hopkins fetched a useless RB and a lot of dead money. He's a top 3 WR in the league. Granted, that's probably the worst trade in the history of the NFL, but I don't think we'd get jack packaging those two contracts together, much less a 1st/2nd. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: DeAndre Hopkins fetched a useless RB and a lot of dead money. He's a top 3 WR in the league. Granted, that's probably the worst trade in the history of the NFL, but I don't think we'd get jack packaging those two contracts together, much less a 1st/2nd. 

True, but Alex Smith got a 1st round pick. Granted that's a different Free Agency year. Andy Dalton is better than Alex Smith, although Alex was coming off a better year than Dalton is this year. Carson was coming off a down year and we got a 1st plus for him.

My point being it's really hard to say what the market is until a trade is made. 

Hopkins got dumped. Houston got hosed on that deal.

I'm just wondering what kind of options we think the Bengals have. Dre alone isn't worth much. Maybe they can package a pick with him for a linebacker on the block? Or straight up he's probably worth a 5th, maybe 4th? Again, just guessing.

It's really hard to say what Dalton is worth though. My guess is Mike has a ridiculously high asking price (at least a 1st round pick), otherwise he probably would have been dealt already. Thinking back to Carson, he stuck to his guns on a high asking price, and eventually got it.

That all being said, I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait until a trade is made. It'd be nice to just trade these two and get something in return (pick(s) or player(s)), so we can turn our attention to building up our LB core, depth, and getting ready for the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:14 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: True, but Alex Smith got a 1st round pick. Granted that's a different Free Agency year. Andy Dalton is better than Alex Smith, although Alex was coming off a better year than Dalton is this year. Carson was coming off a down year and we got a 1st plus for him.

It's really hard to say what Dalton is worth though. My guess is Mike has a ridiculously high asking price (at least a 1st round pick), otherwise he probably would have been dealt already. Thinking back to Carson, he stuck to his guns on a high asking price, and eventually got it.
I don't dislike Dalton, but he is not better than Alex Smith was. Who knows if he can still play since his injury, but he was a pretty good qb. Mike brown might be holding out for a 1st but I don't see that as a possibility. I hope we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Teddy went to Carolina didn't he?
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='844329' dateline='1584476451']

You lost me at "Keep Dalton".
[/quote]

LMFAO! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Teddy went to Carolina didn't he?

He did. 3/63. 

Reply/Quote