Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA QB Movement (Re: Dalton)
Foles to CHI for a 4th round pick. It's NE or bust for Andy, it appears.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Foles to CHI for a 4th round pick. It's NE or bust for Andy, it appears.

Woof... no real reason to compensate us anymore right? 
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that could've been our 4th round pick, except NE is working out a different deal. It wont surprise me if we find out what is going to happen with Dalton sometime today. Hope so. Its interesting to watch unfold to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB who netted a 4th round pick. Time to take a 5th rounder for Dalton and call it a day?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB who netted a 4th round pick.  Time to take a 5th rounder for Dalton and call it a day?

I think his SB win is largely considered a fluke and more having to do with the team around him a this point. I would consider Dalton a slightly better option than Foles but thats just me.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:00 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think his SB win is largely considered a fluke and more having to do with the team around him a this point. I would consider Dalton a slightly better option than Foles but thats just me.

I'm with you, but was using hyperbole I suppose to make a point.  We just aren't getting that high of a pick for Dalton.  Winston and Newton are still out there as QB options for squads.  The buyers for QBs have options this offeason.  Tobin should gladly take a 4th or 5th round pick and call it a day.
Reply/Quote
LAC is moving forward with Tyrod Taylor. Of course, "moving forward with Tyrod Taylor" is a bit of a contradiction in terms, but nonetheless, it's officially NE or bust now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm with you, but was using hyperbole I suppose to make a point.  We just aren't getting that high of a pick for Dalton.  Winston and Newton are still out there as QB options for squads.  The buyers for QBs have options this offeason.  Tobin should gladly take a 4th or 5th round pick and call it a day.

I would if I were him. There will be some quality players in round 4 of the draft. I'm definitely sitting back with my popcorn to see how it pans out with Dalton
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm with you, but was using hyperbole I suppose to make a point.  We just aren't getting that high of a pick for Dalton.  Winston and Newton are still out there as QB options for squads.  The buyers for QBs have options this offeason.  Tobin should gladly take a 4th or 5th round pick and call it a day.

There's a very good chance Dalton is looking at taking less money and a clipboard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: There's a very good chance Dalton is looking at taking less money and a clipboard.

I'd be shocked if Bill would want Cam or Jameis over Dalton at this point. He's more accurate and healthier than Cam and doesn't turn the ball over like Jameis which would bug the living hell out of Bill.
And, if he wants Dalton, he'd want him to be the bridge starter there over what they have in their 4th rounder and who they'd get in the draft regardless.
So, the Bengals still would have some leverage if he wants Dalton IMO.
I think that Belichick will give them fair trade value for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
The issue of Andy Dalton going to New England, at least according to the Boston area sports blogs I've been reading, involves money.  Specifically, New England only has $29.1 million in salary cap space and, as we all know, Andy Dalton's 2020 salary is around $17 million with a six figure workout bonus added in.  The sports media in the Boston area think bringing Dalton to the Patriots is a great move but too costly.
Reply/Quote
Well, no matter what QB the Patriots bring in they'll have to pay him something.

But I'm worried they might just trade for Brissett figuring he's cheaper and wouldn't cost as much in a trade, and we'll have priced Dalton out of a deal. We really can't afford to keep him if we want to get better elsewhere, and we need to get value for him. New England is the last real landing spot.

I do think either New England is trying to move Thuney to free up cap space, or we're negotiating a deal with Thuney. But if we get stuck with a 17.7 million dollar back up, that would be a big dead weight on our offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:59 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Well, no matter what QB the Patriots bring in they'll have to pay him something.

But I'm worried they might just trade for Brissett figuring he's cheaper and wouldn't cost as much in a trade, and we'll have priced Dalton out of a deal. We really can't afford to keep him if we want to get better elsewhere, and we need to get value for him. New England is the last real landing spot.

I do think either New England is trying to move Thuney to free up cap space, or we're negotiating a deal with Thuney. But if we get stuck with a 17.7 million dollar back up, that would be a big dead weight on our offseason.

They don't have to get stuck with anything.  If cap is the issue and they don't work out a trade, then he can be cut without penalty if I'm not mistaken.  You just get nothing in terms of a pick.
Reply/Quote
Flacco is expected to be released by Denver. Not that he's anything special, but it is still another QB option for teams seeking a backup.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Flacco is expected to be released by Denver.  Not that he's anything special, but it is still another QB option for teams seeking a backup.

Flacco?  I'll see your not anything special and raise you a hot buttered crap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:04 PM)samhain Wrote: They don't have to get stuck with anything.  If cap is the issue and they don't work out a trade, then he can be cut without penalty if I'm not mistaken.  You just get nothing in terms of a pick.

Yes, of course. What I meant was that it would be a damn shame not to get draft capital for him. The draft is the best way to make sure you have some cheap talent on your roster. I'm trying to figure out how we fill some of the many holes we have left without more picks, and it ain't adding up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The issue of Andy Dalton going to New England, at least according to the Boston area sports blogs I've been reading, involves money.  Specifically, New England only has $29.1 million in salary cap space and, as we all know, Andy Dalton's 2020 salary is around $17 million with a six figure workout bonus added in.  The sports media in the Boston area think bringing Dalton to the Patriots is a great move but too costly.

Valid, but that's not a bad chunk for a starting caliber qb. Plus, they can always negotiate a new deal.
Reply/Quote
We have to either trade of cut Andy to avoid paying his salary, so who's to say New England just doesnt wait us out until we have to cut him, then they sign him at a cheaper price. We should have taken whatever offer was on the table two days ago.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:51 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have to either trade of cut Andy to avoid paying his salary, so who's to say New England just doesnt wait us out until we have to cut him, then they sign him at a cheaper price. We should have taken whatever offer was on the table two days ago.

Was there an offer on the table?  From who?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:29 AM)Benton Wrote:  Plus, they can always negotiate a new deal.

Foles just restructered his contract to make the trade to the Bears possible.
Reply/Quote