Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
FC Cincinnati plan to build a 25 million dollar practice facility and yet the Bengals still have no plans on doing anything. What a joke a minor league soccer team can build one but not Mike "I am a billionaire but people will say I am poor "Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good. We can just use theirs.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 12:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Good. We can just use theirs.

Beat me to it. But I doubt FC Cincy would allow that. They'll probably just tell the old man to f*** off and get his own.

And seriously, folks... In this day and age a division 2 soccer club can afford to build a practice facility but an NFL franchise can't? Is Mike really that cheap/stubborn/ignorant? Granted, we may not "need" a practice facility but it's the principal of the matter. It's not overly expensive and it literally couldn't hurt the team, it could only help.
Reply/Quote
Why do fans care so much about an indoor practice facility lol you're not the ones practicing in cold weather. If he doesn't think it'll make the team better than who can blame him for not spending the money on it? Maybe practicing outside helps prepare a team for games, maybe it hurts them, maybe it has next to no effect on them other than being cold for a few weeks a year? I'd bet the last one is correct, so who cares?

And I'd also like to point out that just because he owns a team worth an estimated $1+ billion dollars does not mean he has, does have, or ever will have a billion dollars to go blow on whatever he fancies. Now yes he's rich and could certainly afford to build it, but I don't think he's nearly as liquid as some people act like he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Many consider me one that blindly sides with Mike and Marvin; however, there is no excuse why this franchise does not have a state of the art practice facility to include an indoor practice field. I researched it a couple years back but it seems I recall only 4 other teams did not have or were in the planning/construction phase of an indoor facility.

If memory serves 2 of the 4 were the Raiders and the Chargers. Two teams that have recently relocated. 49ers were another...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 01:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Why do fans care so much about an indoor practice facility lol you're not the ones practicing in cold weather. If he doesn't think it'll make the team better than who can blame him for not spending the money on it? Maybe practicing outside helps prepare a team for games, maybe it hurts them, maybe it has next to no effect on them other than being cold for a few weeks a year? I'd bet the last one is correct, so who cares?

And I'd also like to point out that just because he owns a team worth an estimated $1+ billion dollars does not mean he has, does have, or ever will have a billion dollars to go blow on whatever he fancies. Now yes he's rich and could certainly afford to build it, but I don't think he's nearly as liquid as some people act like he is.

It's not about him thinking that the players are better prepared practicing in the cold weather because the team does practice indoors sometimes in the winter, but it's just about him being cheap.  

Also, it's not just about the cold because it's not uncommon for temperatures to reach 90 degrees in July and not uncommon to get even hotter, which playing in the heat can have an impact on players, too.

And we're not talking about just blowing it on whatever he wants, but rather we're talking about spending it to improve his product.  The indoor practice facility would likely come with training/rehab equipment and other things to make the team on-par with other franchises.

Spending money would only improve the product and let fans know that he's committed to putting the best product on the field, which would only increase interest and bring in more money, which would make him more money than he spent.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 01:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Why do fans care so much about an indoor practice facility lol you're not the ones practicing in cold weather. If he doesn't think it'll make the team better than who can blame him for not spending the money on it? Maybe practicing outside helps prepare a team for games, maybe it hurts them, maybe it has next to no effect on them other than being cold for a few weeks a year? I'd bet the last one is correct, so who cares?

Fans care because they want to know if Thier team is doing everything thing they can to win. Mike clearly isnt. Your second point is ludarcris the business he runs is a cash cow and if he sold it away  he would get close to 2 billion in a half.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Many consider me one that blindly sides with Mike and Marvin; however, there is no excuse why this franchise does not have a state of the art practice facility to include an indoor practice field. I researched it a couple years back but it seems I recall only 4 other teams did not have or were in the planning/construction phase of an indoor facility.

If memory serves 2 of the 4 were the Raiders and the Chargers. Two teams that have recently relocated. 49ers were another...

Steelers don't have on either I don't believe. They use the Pittsburgh college team facility
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not about him thinking that the players are better prepared practicing in the cold weather because the team does practice indoors sometimes in the winter, but it's just about him being cheap.  

Also, it's not just about the cold because it's not uncommon for temperatures to reach 90 degrees in July and not uncommon to get even hotter, which playing in the heat can have an impact on players, too.

And we're not talking about just blowing it on whatever he wants, but rather we're talking about spending it to improve his product.  The indoor practice facility would likely come with training/rehab equipment and other things to make the team on-par with other franchises.

Spending money would only improve the product and let fans know that he's committed to putting the best product on the field, which would only increase interest and bring in more money, which would make him more money than he spent.

You had me until you stated this in bold above, a practice facility is not going to satisfy and bring in fans with no playoff wins in over 25 years. Playoff wins will bring in fans 10X faster than a practice facility.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 03:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steelers don't have on either I don't believe. They use the Pittsburgh college team facility

No they and Pit work at the same facility. Both have separate fields, locker rooms, weight lifting rooms, and meeting rooms. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 03:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steelers don't have on either I don't believe. They use the Pittsburgh college team facility

The Bengals have used the Bearcats indoor facility several times in the past when the weather was too cold or too wet to practice safely.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You had me until you stated this in bold above, a practice facility is not going to satisfy and bring in fans with no playoff wins in over 25 years. Playoff wins will bring in fans 10X faster than a practice facility.

But my point is that fans would be energized by the commitment to win, especially given Mike Brown's history.  It would be the talk of this area if there was a state-of-the-art practice facility being built and if the players were enthusiastic about it.  Even people with no football interest or knowledge would be excited and talking about it.

Also, it would help with winning a playoff game by making the team better.
Reply/Quote

[Image: duratzsc82907.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 03:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Fans care because they want to know if Thier team is doing everything thing they can to win. Mike clearly isnt. Your second point is ludarcris the business he runs is a cash cow and if he sold it away  he would get close to 2 billion in a half.

Who says practicing indoors will make the team any better? I've yet to see any kind of proof to support this claim. I tend to believe there are about 100 bigger problems with this team and franchise then a practice bubble

And you actually just supported my second point. You say "if he sold it" that means in order to be as filthy rich as you claim he is he would need to sell his team. I didn't say he was broke, just that he doesn't have a billion dollars sitting in the bank or under his mattress. There is difference between owning something worth a lot of money and having a lot of cash to spend. I think the Bengals and the Brown family are probably spending WAY more of what they bring in then people realize. 

I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them or that they're broke, but at the end of the day he is running a business and doesn't seem to think the return on investment for a practice facility will be worth it. No one here seems to have pointed out any way that it would be. Other than to make the fans "happy" or give them one less thing to complain about
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But my point is that fans would be energized by the commitment to win, especially given Mike Brown's history.  It would be the talk of this area if there was a state-of-the-art practice facility being built and if the players were enthusiastic about it.  Even people with no football interest or knowledge would be excited and talking about it.

I think you're greatly exaggerating the excitement a practice facility would bring. The average fan would probably read one article about it, think "that's nice", and then never hear about it again.

The ones who are way too obsessed like most of us on this board may make a bigger deal about it, but it would quickly fade and we'd be back to complaining about mike being cheap and Marvin giggling before you know it
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 04:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who says practicing indoors will make the team any better? I've yet to see any kind of proof to support this claim. I tend to believe there are about 100 bigger problems with this team and franchise then a practice bubble

And you actually just supported my second point. You say "if he sold it" that means in order to be as filthy rich as you claim he is he would need to sell his team. I didn't say he was broke, just that he doesn't have a billion dollars sitting in the bank or under his mattress. There is difference between owning something worth a lot of money and having a lot of cash to spend. I think the Bengals and the Brown family are probably spending WAY more of what they bring in then people realize. 

I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them or that they're broke, but at the end of the day he is running a business and doesn't seem to think the return on investment for a practice facility will be worth it. No one here seems to have pointed out any way that it would be. Other than to make the fans "happy" or give them one less thing to complain about

It's not so much that the Bengals will automatically become super bowl contenders if they build a practice facility, it's that you could easily argue that not having one is an extra obstacle they have to work around that they probably shouldn't.

Suggesting it's just something to complain about is only insulting the posters without bringing any facts to the table yourself. The Bengals are one of only 4 teams without a facility, and the other 3 are from warm/dry climates.

I've yet to hear a good argument against having one, and this debate is at least 10 years old. I do think it's silly to to claim Mike can't afford a facility when he was able to buy out minority ownership in the Bengals a few years back, and that cost him in 9 figures I believe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 03:30 PM)J24 Wrote: No they and Pit work at the same facility. Both have separate fields, locker rooms, weight lifting rooms, and meeting rooms. 

so the answer is the Steelers don;t have their own.. they share.. .
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 10:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so the answer is the Steelers don;t have their own.. they share.. .

The answer is they have their own building they share. Just because it's not a separate building doesn't mean they have to share the practice field, weight room, offices or other things. It's a 125,000 square foot facility. That's still 62,500 more than we have.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But my point is that fans would be energized by the commitment to win, especially given Mike Brown's history.  It would be the talk of this area if there was a state-of-the-art practice facility being built and if the players were enthusiastic about it.  Even people with no football interest or knowledge would be excited and talking about it.

There is this from less than 2 years ago: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/New-Weight-Training-Area/ded038eb-cc1c-453f-aa6e-e8278346c9fb
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 04:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who says practicing indoors will make the team any better? I've yet to see any kind of proof to support this claim. 

List the last Super Bowl Champ that didn't have an indoor practice facility. 

Reply/Quote