Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(08-10-2017, 11:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why do you have a wife, just borrow your neighbors wife for a night.   Same thing .... let's be a top notch franchise and copy what the Patriots n Steelers do.  Yes we hate them but they are elite .

These analogies just keep getting better and better. LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Their employees are required to love them publically "Carl Pickens Clause". 

If you want to debate which NFL organization has the most lucrative plan with the community we can do so.

I always go back to an episode of Hard Knocks. They were riding into work with Marvin and he got to the parking garage. He put his card in the slot for the arm to raise so he could enter, it did not work. He tried again, the same. He sorta laughed and says "it happens all the time" so he just drove over the curb to enter the garage.

The Bengals are cheap because of mechanical failure of a parking lot arm? Tough whiney crowd in here...

Don't buy your "Carl Pickens Clause"  statement either. Players love playing here and many have said time and time again. Our players are not underpaid. They don't even have to bring in their own Gatorade or towels anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 11:32 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Gawd, I hope not. Cannot stand domed stadiums for football. If that were to happen, I'd lose all interest in the NFL.

I have to admit that among the reasons I don't pay good money to buy a ticket to games is there is no way in hell I'm going to pay money to go sit in the freezing cold ESPECIALLY around a bunch of rowdy drunk people. Now if it were covered and 70 degrees I might, but as it is I can now lay in bed within a very short distance to the kitchen and bathroom and watch the game up close with only one person screaming at me instead of 50,000.. AND IT'S FREE!  
I'm not hearing too many compelling arguments for any of this. 
If the team wins, GREAT!  If not then oh well..my life stinks for 15 minutes and I get over it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why even defend this? Are you guys Bengals fans or are you just fans of the Brown family?

If you want the team to be successful, then you should want them to be on a level playing field with the rest of the league.

At worst, it certainly can't hurt. Ah well...maybe we should trust the "Mike Brown way" and watch the Lombardi's pile up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 06:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why even defend this? Are you guys Bengals fans or are you just fans of the Brown family?

If you want the team to be successful, then you should want them to be on a level playing field with the rest of the league.

At worst, it certainly can't hurt. Ah well...maybe we should trust the "Mike Brown way" and watch the Lombardi's pile up.

At this point, I swear it's more about Mike being stubborn and refusing to give in to what the fans want. The lack of practice facility is up there with the biggest complaints about him. It feels like now he's just saying, "I said no. I still say no. So there!"

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 07:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: ar130703632772714.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Their employees are required to love them publically "Carl Pickens Clause". 

If you want to debate which NFL organization has the most lucrative plan with the community we can do so.

I always go back to an episode of Hard Knocks. They were riding into work with Marvin and he got to the parking garage. He put his card in the slot for the arm to raise so he could enter, it did not work. He tried again, the same. He sorta laughed and says "it happens all the time" so he just drove over the curb to enter the garage.

We can do this right after you clear up lies in your former posts. You are better than that BFine.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 06:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why even defend this? Are you guys Bengals fans or are you just fans of the Brown family?

The Brown family (see: Paul, Mike) has always gotten by on what they think is sufficient, when it comes to amenities. Their thought process has always been stuck in the '50s and '60s. The football landscape is literally littered with examples of this; spinney field...lulz, a freaking field and over-sized shed next to what anyone would swear was a raw sewage treatment plant on meltdown, sharing jock straps, too small towels, lack of a decent indoor practice facility to ensure your players are able to prepare properly, gatoradegate, etc etc. (i'm tired of typing examples). 

Besides being something to debate on a message board, it's useless to think it's a possibility because it's not something that's going to change any time soon as long as MB is still at the top of the food chain. 

His idea of modernization is trying something everyone else tried 10-20 years earlier. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 06:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: At this point, I swear it's more about Mike being stubborn and refusing to give in to what the fans want. The lack of practice facility is up there with the biggest complaints about him. It feels like now he's just saying, "I said no. I still say no. So there!"

Sarcasm

I'm with this thought process.

It's like he's decided to hunker down and wait, with the hope that the law of large numbers finally catches up and he can say "ha! told you so!!".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 06:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: ar130703632772714.png]

AHA! That's why i got a craving for popcorn after starting to read through this thread!

Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown were to build an indoor practice facility, where would he build it and would the city allow such a huge structure?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:20 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If Mike Brown were to build an indoor practice facility, where would he build it and would the city allow such a huge structure?

1. Just build something over their current practice fields. Want to practice outdoors? Use the stadium. 
2. NKY is just across the bridge
3. Team up with UC or FC soccer team to build something similar to what the Steelers and Pitt have.
4. I think Jim O mentioned some abandoned mill near the stadium.

Fact is, if they wanted it done, it'd be done. It's not like they're really trying and just lacking a place to build...if so we'd be hearing about that.

This is just another excuse to defend the front office for not doing something that should definitely be done.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote