Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(08-09-2017, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well now, if anything can bankrupt the Krafts, losing that plane over a city could just be the ticket.... better keep up on the maintenance and pilots there, Robert.

I dont get it.  You are rooting for a Patriots Team Plane to crash into a city?  To then bankrupt a company?

Curious logic.    :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Many consider me one that blindly sides with Mike and Marvin; however, there is no excuse why this franchise does not have a state of the art practice facility to include an indoor practice field. I researched it a couple years back but it seems I recall only 4 other teams did not have or were in the planning/construction phase of an indoor facility.

If memory serves 2 of the 4 were the Raiders and the Chargers. Two teams that have recently relocated. 49ers were another...

Steelers share a practice facility with Pitt Panthers and the college
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2017, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals should just build a covered stadium with a retractable roof to replace PBS. That will cover their indoor practice facility need and also make it more comfortable for fans in the hot part of September and cold part of December/January.  Ninja

Should have, but maybe this is the long term plan when they build the next stadium

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, most are outdoors, but some are indoors....when they played on the road in AZ, Indy, Detroit, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, and Atlanta...they were indoors.

I think the point being missed on many isn't just the arguing about cost and being cheap.  When you practice in the "elements" for multiple days, and your feet are wet for extended periods of time they can blister, and crack and be very uncomfortable.  You can have sinus problems, sore throats, and even have those turn in to infections.  

It may sound a bit wimpy, but I want my team in perfect healthy every Sunday.  Practicing indoors in the winter could help with that.

The real opportunity to partner with UC was somewhat missed, as maybe the Bengals could have used one of their three outdoor fields for a "bubbled" building and get some money from UC and have it be "shared".  I just hate that the Bengals are the ones that have to hop in buses to go to the UC practice facility.  They are the professionals.  It should be right next to their stadium/locker rooms/training facility.  

Just my two cents.  
LOL

a 3 mile drive and they could drive straight to campus, they need a fricken bus to travel 3 miles.....Crazy crap

Reply/Quote
Why does it matter? The Bearcats have let us use theirs.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Patriots flying around in planes with 5 Lombardis painted on the tail and Bengals getting bussed to Wall2Wall soccer for football practice.
Reply/Quote
Everything is great, don't you remember the 90s
Reply/Quote
I would rather argue why we don't have a dome than an indoor practice field. At least this is something that effects us fans. There are a lot of fans that are older that don't want to freeze their ass off. At least there's potential for more profit with a dome enticing more people to come to the games.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 07:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steelers share a practice facility with Pitt Panthers and the college

No doubt. Here's a few pictures of that facility:
[Image: duratzsc82907.jpg]

[Image: tempRooney_Sports_Complex_0002--nfl_mezz...height=465]

[Image: slid_img4.jpg]

[Image: UPMCSportsPerformanceComplex3.jpg]

Couple shots of the one the Bengals "share"

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: tempIMG_2531--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG]

Pretty much identical situations, Don't you agree?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 07:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Here's a few pictures of that facility:
[Image: duratzsc82907.jpg]

[Image: tempRooney_Sports_Complex_0002--nfl_mezz...height=465]

[Image: slid_img4.jpg]

[Image: UPMCSportsPerformanceComplex3.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: tempIMG_2531--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG]

I never said they were identical. Simply pointing out Steelers did not put out investment on the own and opting for sharing costs of building and also costs of maintaining a practice field. They don't own the facility, the college owns it.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 07:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Here's a few pictures of that facility:

Ouch...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 08:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never said they were identical. Simply pointing out Steelers did not put out investment on the own and opting for sharing costs of building and also costs of maintaining a practice field. They don't own the facility, the college owns it.

Hell, the Bengals didn't put out investment on their own for building their stadium.

Of all the things I support this franchise for, the one I absolutely will not support is them failing to treat their employees with class.  

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 09:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, the Bengals didn't put out investment on their own for building their stadium.

Of all the things I support this franchise for, the one I absolutely will not support is them failing to treat their employees with class.  

Yet their employees love them, so maybe they disagree with you and do feel they are treated with class (majority). But again, you are lying about the investment. The Bengal's lease expenses and investments has been exceeded so where do you get your info. They just paid a lot more recently than required. I have no issue with your stance, I do have issue with you or others who throw out false info (fake news) to try and validate your point.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 11:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why does it matter? The Bearcats have let us use theirs.

Why do you own a lawnmower? Everyone else on the street has one you can borrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 10:55 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Why do you own a lawnmower? Everyone else on the street has one you can borrow.

Sounds like nice neighbors.
Reply/Quote
I wonder who whines more about the practice facility the fans or the players?

You would think this forum was being forced to practice outside by the way this has been beaten to death.
Reply/Quote
Why do you have a wife, just borrow your neighbors wife for a night. Same thing .... let's be a top notch franchise and copy what the Patriots n Steelers do. Yes we hate them but they are elite .
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 09:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, the Bengals didn't put out investment on their own for building their stadium.

The Benagls are hilariously cheap.

They extorted the city to get one of the most team-friendly stadium agreements ever - Probably the worst for a city of all time. 

10 years after the deal, the stadium costs made up 16.4% of the county budget. 

As of 2017: 
The taxpayers in Hamilton County, Ohio already have coughed up $920 million for Paul Brown Stadium, which opened in 2000. With the county beginning to foot the bill for some of the team’s game-day operating expenses in 2017 (to the tune of $2.7 million per year and growing) along with other expenses will put the total cost to $1.1 billion through 2026, when the lease with the team expires.

They don't invest in FA.  They don't invest in facilities.

They are an inferior organization, from top to bottom.  The Results prove it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 10:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yet their employees love them, so maybe they disagree with you and do feel they are treated with class (majority). But again, you are lying about the investment. The Bengal's lease expenses and investments has been exceeded so where do you get your info. They just paid a lot more recently than required. I have no issue with your stance, I do have issue with you or others who throw out false info (fake news) to try and validate your point.

Their employees are required to love them publically "Carl Pickens Clause". 

If you want to debate which NFL organization has the most lucrative plan with the community we can do so.

I always go back to an episode of Hard Knocks. They were riding into work with Marvin and he got to the parking garage. He put his card in the slot for the arm to raise so he could enter, it did not work. He tried again, the same. He sorta laughed and says "it happens all the time" so he just drove over the curb to enter the garage.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:08 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I wonder who whines more about the practice facility the fans or the players?

You would think this forum was being forced to practice outside by the way this has been beaten to death.

The irony.... 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote