Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's ethanol waivers are sparking rebellion in farm country
Geeze.  According to a few on this board now Tillerson is an anti-semite that supports ISIS/Muslims.  Ninja

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rex-tillerson-donald-trump-benjamin-netanyahu-played_n_5d83f698e4b0957256b3e9f4

Quote:Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that Israeli officials “played” Donald Trump during talks, using “misinformation” to manipulate the president. He warned that a “healthy amount of skepticism” is necessary when dealing with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“They did that with the president on a couple of occasions, to persuade him that ‘we’re the good guys, they’re the bad guys,’” Tillerson said at a panel discussion Tuesday at Harvard University.

“We later exposed it to the president so he understood: ‘You’ve been played,’” Tillerson added. “It bothers me that an ally that’s that close and important to us would do that to us.”

Tillerson did not detail specific situations when he believed the president was “played.”

In “dealing with Bibi, it’s always useful to carry a healthy amount of skepticism in your discussions with him,” said Tillerson, who was fired by Trump via tweet last year. He described Netanyahu as “an extraordinarily skilled” politician and diplomat, but also called him “a bit Machiavellian.”

Tillerson said he supported a two-state solution involving Palestinians, which Netanyahu opposes.

“I did believe that we were at a moment in time where perhaps we could chart a way where the Arab world could support an outcome that the Palestinians might not think was perfect ... but with enough encouragement, pressure from the Arab world, that we could get it close enough that the Palestinians would finally agree,” he said. “In my view, it was a two-state solution.”

But Tillerson said his plans were thwarted when Trump put his son-in-law Jared Kushner in charge of drafting a Middle East peace plan.

Netanyahu’s office tweeted in response to Tillerson’s revelations that Israel “is the good guy.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2019, 10:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Keep carrying China's water.  They are depending on people like you to win this thing.

Way to salivate at the ring of a bell.  I am sure the echo chamber is proud of you.

Do you agree with Trumps decision to start this trade war with China without the help of any other countries?

Do you agree with his decision to delay tariffs that effect tech companies until December while giving no relief to farmers?

If China is being hurt by this trade war are you questioning why Trump is not negotiating terms to end it?

Is it possible for anyone to say anything negative about Trump's dealings with the tariffs on China with out you going into attack mode?  Because there are a lot of issues to discuss other than just "GIVE UP AND LET CHINA WIN"

Or you can just keep carrying FoxNews' water.

(09-23-2019, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way to salivate at the ring of a bell.  I am sure the echo chamber is proud of you.

Do you agree with Trumps decision to start this trade war with China without the help of any other countries?

Do you agree with his decision to delay tariffs that effect tech companies until December while giving no relief to farmers?

If China is being hurt by this trade war are you questioning why Trump is not negotiating terms to end it?

Is it possible for anyone to say anything negative about Trump's dealings with the tariffs on China with out you going into attack mode?  Because there are a lot of issues to discuss other than just "GIVE UP AND LET CHINA WIN"

Or you can just keep carrying FoxNews' water.

You came at we sideways in a totally uncalled for fashion.  I gave you the opportunity to retract and erase your comment like a man.  You, unsurprisingly, chose not to.  This is the last time I will respond to you as I find you to be a reprehensible person.  I just wanted to be clear about the reason for anyone else who's bothering to read this.
(09-23-2019, 07:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You came at we sideways in a totally uncalled for fashion.  I gave you the opportunity to retract and erase your comment like a man.  You, unsurprisingly, chose not to.  This is the last time I will respond to you as I find you to be a reprehensible person.  I just wanted to be clear about the reason for anyone else who's bothering to read this.

If you want everyone to know the truth then post what I said for everyone to see.

Personal attacks don't bother you because you use them as much as anyone else here.  You just couldn't take me embarrassing you over and over again.

I am thrilled that you will no longer respond to me.
(09-23-2019, 07:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You came at we sideways in a totally uncalled for fashion.  I gave you the opportunity to retract and erase your comment like a man.  You, unsurprisingly, chose not to.  This is the last time I will respond to you as I find you to be a reprehensible person.  I just wanted to be clear about the reason for anyone else who's bothering to read this.
Man, you're full of yourself. :paul:
(09-23-2019, 07:19 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Man, you're full of yourself. :paul:

Welcome back Baker. Smirk
Trump's farm bailout now costs more than the Obama's auto industry bailout with the caveat that Obama's was paid back...with interest. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2019, 11:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe, in the short term.  Seeing as how China is a communist autocratic regime with complete control over their media we obviously can't know that for sure.  What we do know for sure is that we've fueled this regime's growth for decades and they rely on our continued laziness and shortsightedness to continue doing just that.  They also rely on the weaknesses of a democratic system, e.g. being subject to the fickle whim of the voters, to prevail.  As I previously said, you're exactly what China wants to see in an American.

Just want to jump in and point out that the people do not own the means of production in China. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)treee Wrote: Just want to jump in and point out that the people do not own the means of production in China. 

They didn't in the USSR either.  
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)treee Wrote: Just want to jump in and point out that the people do not own the means of production in China. 

(09-24-2019, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They didn't in the USSR either.  

Well, this is all because these nations were/are not really communist. But they label themselves as such to try to make their autocratic asshole ways seem more palatable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2019, 10:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, this is all because these nations were/are not really communist. But they label themselves as such to try to make their autocratic asshole ways seem more palatable.

Precisely correct.