Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans Fed Up With Tomlin
I keep reading comments from Steeler fans about how they are tired of Mike Tomlin. He is apparently very bad at clock management and it has cost the Steelers multiple times this year.

Are there any Steeler fans that can give me some insight on this.

Do you guys want him gone next year? Is it an overreaction by a small portion of the fanbase? How good of a coach is Tomlin really?
Reply/Quote
No one seriously wants him fired, but poor clock management and dumb situational decisions have been a significant weakness of his that has seemingly gotten worse over the years.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No one seriously wants him fired, but poor clock management and dumb situational decisions have been a significant weakness of his that has seemingly gotten worse over the years.

I will have to disagree, i have read more than enough people wanting him out.. if Pittsburgh does not make the playoffs, it will be 3 out of the 4 years out of the playoffs.. and 0-1 in the last playoff ... even with the Super Bowl trophy.. if Pittsburgh lives up to his motto.. Tomlin should be on the hot seat after this year if they don;t make it to playoffs again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I will have to disagree, i have read more than enough people wanting him out.. if Pittsburgh does not make the playoffs, it will be 3 out of the 4 years out of the playoffs.. and 0-1 in the last playoff ... even with the Super Bowl trophy.. if Pittsburgh lives up to his motto.. Tomlin should be on the hot seat after this year if they don;t make it to playoffs again
If the Steelers win just two more games, Tomlin will still have not had a losing season as a HC. He's not going anywhere and everyone it Pittsburgh knows that.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:35 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If the Steelers win just two more games, Tomlin will still have not had a losing season as a HC. He's not going anywhere and everyone it Pittsburgh knows that.

So the Steelers and the Rooneys aren't worried about the tradition of being a contender, just being mediocre?  "Winning seasons" are enough?  They have no ambitions of being great?

Noted.

I guess when you're as popular as they are, just being "ok" is enough.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:35 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If the Steelers win just two more games, Tomlin will still have not had a losing season as a HC. He's not going anywhere and everyone it Pittsburgh knows that.

I disagree.. look at Denver last year with John Fox...  if they are 8-8 for 3 of the last 4 years with one playoff appearance and zero playoff wins since 2010 there will be people in Pittsburgh that say fire him.. and everyone knows that also in Pittsburgh, what will keep him in Pittsburgh is less what he has not done over the last 4 years possible but he is signed till 2018 and I don;t think the Steelers have the same high standard that they once did for Head Coaches
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So the Steelers and the Rooneys aren't worried about the tradition of being a contender, just being mediocre?  "Winning seasons" are enough?  They have no ambitions of being great?

Noted.

Rock On

The "Rooneys" don't worry too much about anything.  They believe in maintaining a consistent front office and sticking with things for the long haul.

Fans are more fickle.

*I* am a little tired of the same mistakes being made by Tomlin and him getting a pass because he "takes the blame himself" for them.  But I don't know who would be better to lead the team either.  For all his mistakes he provides what the team needs now in terms of leader / manager.

No one is ever happy with missing the playoffs.  Steelers fans are never happy unless the steam wins the Super Bowl.  Maybe, if you live long enough, you'll understand why that is such a lofty goal for a team to live up to.

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No one seriously wants him fired, but poor clock management and dumb situational decisions have been a significant weakness of his that has seemingly gotten worse over the years.

Sounds like similar faults of another AFCN coach...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 12:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like similar faults of another AFCN coach...

I know have you seen some of those stupid decisions by harbaugh 
Reply/Quote
Many of us had said that once Cowher's roster starts turning over that this would happen. And here it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 05:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I keep reading comments from Steeler fans about how they are tired of Mike Tomlin. He is apparently very bad at clock management and it has cost the Steelers multiple times this year.

Are there any Steeler fans that can give me some insight on this.

Do you guys want him gone next year? Is it an overreaction by a small portion of the fanbase? How good of a coach is Tomlin really?

Go Tomlin! Keep doing what you're doing... Cincy loves ya.  Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So the Steelers and the Rooneys aren't worried about the tradition of being a contender, just being mediocre?  "Winning seasons" are enough?  They have no ambitions of being great?

Noted.

Rock On

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 07:00 AM)treee Wrote: Many of us had said that once Cowher's roster starts turning over that this would happen. And here it is.

Rep!!! It's like when tubby smith, came in and won at ky. It was all pitino's boys.  

Reply/Quote
He tried to trip Jacoby again?
Reply/Quote

I agree with you. Also agree his horrible game management is amoung the worst of any coach in the league.

He looks like an idiot now for firing Arians. Haley has calmed some of that down.... But once he leaves for a job this year he will be back to finding an offensive coach again. He seems to have lucked out on defense when he fired LeBeau.

Rooneys won't do anything they will ride it out. They don't mind being bad for a decade if that is what it takes. They lived the 80's. The real issue will come when Ben finally hangs it up. Plus Bell has had two knee injuries and is on his rookie deal still.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 11:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "Rooneys" don't worry too much about anything.  They believe in maintaining a consistent front office and sticking with things for the long haul.

Fans are more fickle.

*I* am a little tired of the same mistakes being made by Tomlin and him getting a pass because he "takes the blame himself" for them.  But I don't know who would be better to lead the team either.  For all his mistakes he provides what the team needs now in terms of leader / manager.

No one is ever happy with missing the playoffs.  Steelers fans are never happy unless the steam wins the Super Bowl.  Maybe, if you live long enough, you'll understand why that is such a lofty goal for a team to live up to.

If waiting means we don't have to roll over an opposing quarterback's knee or draft a quarterback that rapes women to win it, I'll happily wait.

You're screwed when Ben retires because your D can't carry you and it doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of other teams like it used to.  

I've never met a Steelers fan who was worried about the current season or problems because they just refer to the past and, in their minds, that makes it ok, much like you're doing right now.  

So, even if fans would rather win the Super Bowl, you're all ok with living on past glory.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 08:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree with you. Also agree his horrible game management is amoung the worst of any coach in the league.

He looks like an idiot now for firing Arians. Haley has calmed some of that down.... But once he leaves for a job this year he will be back to finding an offensive coach again. He seems to have lucked out on defense when he fired LeBeau.

Rooneys won't do anything they will ride it out. They don't mind being bad for a decade if that is what it takes. They lived the 80's. The real issue will come when Ben finally hangs it up. Plus Bell has had two knee injuries and is on his rookie deal still.
Arians was forced out by the Rooney's and the front office. It happened two years after the Rooney had to publicly insist that the Steelers would run the ball more. CHanges were minimal and Arians was forcibly "retired" 3 years too late. He's a great X's and O's guy, but was terrible with play calling and game planning. Tonlin could make up for his weaknesses/problems and there was a glaring whole with the offenses consistency and identity.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 05:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If waiting means we don't have to roll over an opposing quarterback's knee or draft a quarterback that rapes women to win it, I'll happily wait.

[Image: waitforit.gif]

(12-04-2015, 05:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're screwed when Ben retires because your D can't carry you and it doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of other teams like it used to.  

I've never met a Steelers fan who was worried about the current season or problems because they just refer to the past and, in their minds, that makes it ok, much like you're doing right now.  

So, even if fans would rather win the Super Bowl, you're all ok with living on past glory.

[Image: rs_500x281-150209094336-prince.gif]

I'd finish by replying (again) about how every team has to deal with their best players leaving...when they have good enough players. But you ignored it last time.

You have a nice day!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 08:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree with you.  Also agree his horrible game management is amoung the worst of any coach in the league.  

He looks like an idiot now for firing Arians.   Haley has calmed some of that down....  But once he leaves for a job this year he will be back to finding an offensive coach again.   He seems to have lucked out on defense when he fired LeBeau.  

Rooneys won't do anything they will ride it out.   They don't mind being bad for a decade if that is what it takes.   They lived the 80's.    The real issue will come when Ben finally hangs it up.  Plus Bell has had two knee injuries and is on his rookie deal still.

The offense is better than when BA was here.  

And while the 80's are never looked back on as the best decade of Steelers football by the fans...was it as awful as you would like to have been?

If you had to guess which team in that division had the best record in the 80's...who would you say?

If you had to guess which team in that division made the most playoff appearances in the 80's...who would you say?

Go ahead and guess.

Cleveland...86-66...7 playoff appearances...5 division titles
[Image: 120415b.jpg]

Cincinnati...84-68...4 playoff appearances...3 division titles
[Image: 120415a.jpg]

Pittsburgh...77-75...4 playoff appearances...2 division titles
[Image: 120415.jpg]

The Steelers, during their darkest decade (according to you) were a whole 7 games worse than the Bengals.  And the Bengals were worse than the Browns.

But because of selective memory you think the Bengals were the best because they went to the Super Bowl.  Twice!  And lost.  Twice!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Big Ben is propping the Steelers up right now and there are cracks showing in your foundation. Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.....prepare for impact.........losing altitude..........mommy...........help me..................boom..............this is like a bye week.         THE END.                 
Reply/Quote