Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans Fed Up With Tomlin
(12-27-2015, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what if the unthinkable happens. if Steelers now lose to Cleveland and finish 9-7 and 2-4 in the Division and missing the playoffs again for 3 out of the last 4 years with zero playoff wins over the last 5 seasons.... is Tomlin on the hot seat in the off season ?

The Steelers will head into 2016 with no changes made to Tomlin's job status and no changes made to improve his coaching weaknesses. More bad losses to unworthy teams will follow, while still having a shot at the playoffs up until the end. Repeat for 2017.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Steelers will head into 2016 with no changes made to Tomlin's job status and no changes made to improve his coaching weaknesses. More bad losses to unworthy teams will follow, while still having a shot at the playoffs up until the end. Repeat for 2017.

I'm probably repeating what has already been stated, somewhere in this thread, but that sounds like Bengal fans complaining about Marvin Lewis after every one and done, since he has been here.

Truth is, Tomlin is as good a coach as there is to be found for the Steelers, right now.  That is why there are only 32 HC positions.  Who ya gonna put in the role?  Mike Munchak would be my best choice, and he's already on your staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm probably repeating what has already been stated, somewhere in this thread, but that sounds like Bengal fans complaining about Marvin Lewis after every one and done, since he has been here.

Truth is, Tomlin is as good a coach as there is to be found for the Steelers, right now.  That is why there are only 32 HC positions.  Who ya gonna put in the role?  Mike Munchak would be my best choice, and he's already on your staff.

I don't want Tomlin replaced. It's just time for a veteran coach to start making veteran coach decisions and at the very least not routinely lose games with poor time management skills.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't want Tomlin replaced. It's just time for a veteran coach to start making veteran coach decisions and at the very least not routinely lose games with poor time management skills.

Wow...that sounds and feels so familiar...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Steelers will head into 2016 with no changes made to Tomlin's job status and no changes made to improve his coaching weaknesses. More bad losses to unworthy teams will follow, while still having a shot at the playoffs up until the end. Repeat for 2017.

Don't tell our buddy it is not 2005, he sure thought it was recently. A team has to get into the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. The The Steerlers are now 1-3 making it in with that resulting in a loss at home to the Ravens.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't want Tomlin replaced. It's just time for a veteran coach to start making veteran coach decisions and at the very least not routinely lose games with poor time management skills.

I'm also surprised he hasn't improved on this as he has gotten some years under his belt. Maybe his early success has embolden him to not take a hard look at his own weaknesses. It's obvious Marvin has taken a hard look at his own minuses over the years. Having failure early on is not always a bad thing.... Even belichek needed the hard years.
Reply/Quote
B-oh-oh H-oh-oh
Reply/Quote
Not a big Tomlin fan. He seems to be a push all your chips in all the time type ,even when it isn't the right move. So wait a minute ,he is the perfect coach for the Steelers. I wouldn't change a thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:54 PM)tigerseye Wrote: he is the perfect coach for the Steelers. I wouldn't change a thing.

Marvin Lewis would even be better.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:14 AM)Vlad Wrote: Marvin Lewis would even be better.

Fair enough, Steelers fans love Lewis and Bengals fans love Tomlin. Let's see if the Jets lose allowing the Steelers to back into the playoffs or send them packing
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.  Rooney won't fire him.   He was his minority hire.   For better or worse they will ride him.

The Steelers will probably tell Haley to "fake retire" to shake things up before they get rid of Tomlin.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:19 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fair enough, Steelers fans love Lewis and Bengals fans love Tomlin. Let's see if the Jets lose allowing the Steelers to back into the playoffs or send them packing

Steelers would also need to beat the Browns in Cleveland, which may seem like a cake-walk, but then the Ravens were supposed to be a cake-walk, too.

For the record, I think the Browns have no prayer with Johnny 8-Ball at QB because his game yesterday was a WTF game, but crazier things have happened.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:54 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Not a big Tomlin fan. He seems to be a push all your chips in all the time type ,even when it isn't the right move. So wait a minute ,he is the perfect coach for the Steelers. I wouldn't change a thing.

He makes those types of decisions based on how his stomache feels. I'm not being a jackass, that's what he tells reporters after games when they question something he did that failed miserably.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm also surprised he hasn't improved on this as he has gotten some years under his belt. Maybe his early success has embolden him to not take a hard look at his own weaknesses. It's obvious Marvin has taken a hard look at his own minuses over the years. Having failure early on is not always a bad thing.... Even belichek needed the hard years.

It's not only with himself, but his players and coaches. Arians did the same thing over and over when it never worked in the first place, and Rooney had to tell Tomlin to run the ball more. He sticks with the same failed players when they clearly aren't performing. It's one thing to not have a better replacement on the roster, but Blake got the start the week after he finally got benched for 1 half after struggled beyond belief all year. The corner we traded a 5th round pick year never sees the field.

You kind hindsight anyone Monday morning, but it's the same issues that re-occur year after year while seemingly being ignored.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:05 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's not only with himself, but his players and coaches. Arians did the same thing over and over when it never worked in the first place, and Rooney had to tell Tomlin to run the ball more. He sticks with the same failed players when they clearly aren't performing. It's one thing to not have a better replacement on the roster, but Blake got  the start the week after he finally got benched for 1 half after struggled beyond belief all year. The corner we traded a 5th round pick year never sees the field.

You kind hindsight anyone Monday morning, but it's the same issues that re-occur year after year while seemingly being ignored.

Interesting. Probably explains why they consistently fall short when it matters.
Reply/Quote