Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-07-2021, 10:44 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Thanks for responding with the two games we got wrecked on and ignoring the others.  No matter, I'll make a believer outta ya right now!

If you look at the first ten weeks for our schedule where we had Burrow, we won 2, tied 1 and lost 6  HOWEVER, only 3 were double digit losses, with one of them being 11 points and the other 2 way outta hand.  The other 4 were within 5 (3,3,4,5 points respectively).  SO!  we very easily could've been 6-2-1 during that stretch.  

Ya and if we had all the KC team and coaches last year we would have been Super Bowl champions. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand Grenades. 1 point or 30 a loss is a loss. We can wish and what if all we want. All nfl teams face the same problems (injures) the good ones win those one score games. The bad ones don’t

We also know that the second half of the schedule was EASIER, and so we likely would've beaten the Giants and the Cowboys as well.  That would've put our win total to TEN games this year, for a 10-5-1 record. 

10-5-1 would've been quite nice!  And the good news is it's RIGHT THERE!  We were very close!!!  We fix the OL and give Burrow time, keep him clean, and then also get him a new toy (Chase, Davonte, Pitts, something) and look out!  

Rock On Rock On Rock On It's gonna be ok guys!  WHO DEY!!!    Rock On Rock On Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You STILL didn't answer the question; last chance.

Why did you point to our performance against the team that finished 2nd in the division instead of first. I've given you my answer to the actual question; what's yours? 

Well for one, Baltimore was the more recent game, and the last of the season. A 35 point blowout loss also tends to stick with you.

I don’t really see how one win is enough to declare we’re close to being competitive. 2-10 is a much bigger sample size as far as how we stack up against the teams in our division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:27 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Wtf? Close losses directly means that we were competitive.  If we got blown out every game, that would imply that we were not competitive.  

But at least this proves to me that you’re seeing what you wanna see.  I’ll move on.

No they don’t. Even historically bad teams lose close games.

2017 0-16 Browns - 6 losses by one score or less

2008 0-16 Lions - 5 losses by one score or less

2020 4-11-1 Bengals - 5 losses by one score or less

[Image: quote-you-are-what-your-record-says-you-...-19-15.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well for one, Baltimore was the more recent game, and the last of the season. A 35 point blowout loss also tends to stick with you.

I don’t really see how one win is enough to declare we’re close to being competitive. 2-10 is a much bigger sample size as far as how we stack up against the teams in our division.

Funny how a recent 35 point loss sticks with you and a recent victory against the Steelers sticks with me.

Says quite a bit. 

But I'll take you at your word. You picked Baltimore because the game was most recent. Funny how you also pointed to the first Steeler game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny how a recent 35 point loss sticks with you and a recent victory against the Steelers sticks with me.

Says quite a bit. 

But I'll take you at your word. You picked Baltimore because the game was most recent. Funny how you also pointed to the first Steeler game

I continue to point to all our division games. 2-10.

The Steelers MNF game felt great. Doesn’t mean I think we’re going to start regularly playing them and the Ravens like that consistently. Once is a fluke. I need to see it again before I start talking about how “competitive” we look.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I continue to point to all our division games. 2-10.

The Steelers MNF game felt great. Doesn’t mean I think we’re going to start regularly playing them and the Ravens like that consistently. Once is a fluke. I need to see it again before I start talking about how “competitive” we look.

Okey Dokey.

I can only ask the same question so many times. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:44 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Thanks for responding with the two games we got wrecked on and ignoring the others.  No matter, I'll make a believer outta ya right now!

If you look at the first ten weeks for our schedule where we had Burrow, we won 2, tied 1 and lost 6  HOWEVER, only 3 were double digit losses, with one of them being 11 points and the other 2 way outta hand.  The other 4 were within 5 (3,3,4,5 points respectively).  SO!  we very easily could've been 6-2-1 during that stretch.  

We also know that the second half of the schedule was EASIER, and so we likely would've beaten the Giants and the Cowboys as well.  That would've put our win total to TEN games this year, for a 10-5-1 record. 

10-5-1 would've been quite nice!  And the good news is it's RIGHT THERE!  We were very close!!!  We fix the OL and give Burrow time, keep him clean, and then also get him a new toy (Chase, Davonte, Pitts, something) and look out!  

Rock On Rock On Rock On It's gonna be ok guys!  WHO DEY!!!    Rock On Rock On Rock On

Pointing to 1 score losses isn't a valid indication that they're close.

Last year, if you take every single 1 score loss and turn them into wins for every single team, then there would be only 2 in all of the NFL with losing records and those teams would be 7-9. 

Close scores at the end are the norm in the NFL. It's why getting blown out is embarrassing. 

The 2019 Lions were 3-12-1. If you turned all their 1 score non-wins into wins, then they would have been 12-4..... and yet the 2020 Lions were 5-11, despite being "competitive" and "very close" the previous year according to your method.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pointing to 1 score losses isn't a valid indication that they're close.

Last year, if you take every single 1 score loss and turn them into wins for every single team, then there would be only 2 in all of the NFL with losing records and those teams would be 7-9. 

Close scores at the end are the norm in the NFL. It's why getting blown out is embarrassing. 

The 2019 Lions were 3-12-1. If you turned all their 1 score non-wins into wins, then they would have been 12-4..... and yet the 2020 Lions were 5-11, despite being "competitive" and "very close" the previous year according to your method.

I do see what you’re saying and understand it.  But since I watched all of our games this year, I know we were actually able to win each of them.  You guys watched the games right?  How can you not agree?  We were in every game!

*EDIT* I know we weren’t in the games we got blown out.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:47 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I do see what you’re saying and understand it.  But since I watched all of our games this year, I know we were actually able to win each of them.  You guys watched the games right?  How can you not agree?  We were in every game!

*EDIT* I know we weren’t in the games we got blown out.

Because that is the case for literally almost every bad team in the NFL. We're actually not even closer than a lot of the bad teams this year if you want to look at one score losses as being "close".

Panthers: 5-11... 8 one score losses
49ers: 6-10... 5 one score losses
Falcons: 4-12... 8 one score losses
Eagles: 4-11-1... 5 one score losses
Texans: 4-12... 8 one score losses
Broncos: 5-11... 6 one score losses

Bengals: 4-11-1... 5 one score losses

That's literally how the NFL is designed. There's not a ton of blowouts. The majority of wins/losses are one score wins/losses. Doesn't mean you're close to being a good team, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote