Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not what he said. He said "fans wanted a fresh new start" I'm pretty sure that's a correct statement after reading years of "Fire Marvin" threads. I told you guys MB was going to give him 3 years. Shouldn't be any surprise at all. Now, we get Joseph back healthy, improve the line, go back to scoring 30 plus per game, get Reader and Waynes and Geno healthy and off we go...

Umm... the Bengals averaged 21.3 points per game in the 10 games Burrow started. That would be good for 25th in the NFL.

Also, not sure if you've watched the NFL for long, but there's going to be injuries next year too. It's football. Injuries are part of a season for every team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:42 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: There you go saying Bungles again.  Disgusting, and you should be ashamed.

Also, I’m a father of three kids, two daughters.  They own me.  Football doesn’t affect my life other than being entertainment.   

I’m a Kentucky Wildcats fan as well, so I know what winning feels like.  I believe the BENGALS (only way to spell it) will soon know what winning feels like, too.  Whether it be with ZT at the helm or someone else, I do see Burrow in a #9 Bengals jersey hoisting a Lombardi.  He’s special.

I agree with that, I will never call them the Bungles. 

That is what Steelers fans say, I don't want to sound like one of those bastids. Whatever

Burrow is special I agree, I just don't want these coaches to keep him from hoisting said Lombardi.

Taylor and company have been terrible so far, just hope they improve big time and help Burrow and company out.

I just have to say I am skeptical with these coaches to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:47 PM)pally Wrote: INteresting that Logan says he's happy Zac is returning yet is entirely indifferent when he comes to the assistant coaches.  It was definitely not an endorsement about keeping them

This is a bit telling. Man I want a good Defense and at least Logan Wilson is a very good piece.

But Lou is just bad man, I hate wasting good player's talent.
Reply/Quote
Knowing Mike Brown as how he's treated fans as an annoyance over the years, I kinda read it that way as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: After reading Mike Brown's statement on Monday, I couldn't help feeling he was being spiteful and blaming the fans for the Bengals horrible season.

"Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago, and that is what we aimed to do in hiring a bright, energetic head coach in Zac Taylor."

It is well known Brown did not want to fire Lewis after the 2018 season and did so reluctantly. This statement and lack of any major moves after this season feels like Mike Brown saying "You asked for it now live with it" 

God knows the guy doesn't know what it's like to run a winning organization so he's doing what he's always been doing since taking over the Bengals.

I just find it complete BS that every other team in our division made the playoffs and we weren't close to competing and yet keep things status quo going into 2021 season.

I don't take this as spite.  I take it as him reminding folks that he hired a young coach that he's not ready to fire yet.  I think he knows that public perception is that Zac is in over his head and needs to go, and he's reminding us that he listened to us as fans a couple years ago, so he's not quite ready to listen to us on this one yet.  

I think if you consider it that way, really he was trying to prepare everyone for the rest of the statement, which was basiically that ZT is staying.

I think were and are close to competing based on watching us play competitive football.  We're closer than people think.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:24 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I don't take this as spite.  I take it as him reminding folks that he hired a young coach that he's not ready to fire yet.  I think he knows that public perception is that Zac is in over his head and needs to go, and he's reminding us that he listened to us as fans a couple years ago, so he's not quite ready to listen to us on this one yet.  

I think if you consider it that way, really he was trying to prepare everyone for the rest of the statement, which was basiically that ZT is staying.

I think were and are close to competing based on watching us play competitive football.  We're closer than people think.

Yep, a few players and a coaching overhaul away  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:24 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I don't take this as spite.  I take it as him reminding folks that he hired a young coach that he's not ready to fire yet.  I think he knows that public perception is that Zac is in over his head and needs to go, and he's reminding us that he listened to us as fans a couple years ago, so he's not quite ready to listen to us on this one yet.  

Like the two Baltimore games? There’s a team in our division that we don’t even look like we should be in the same league as...

2-10 in your division is not close to competing.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like the two Baltimore games? There’s a team in our division that we don’t even look like we should be in the same league as...

Thanks for responding with the two games we got wrecked on and ignoring the others.  No matter, I'll make a believer outta ya right now!

If you look at the first ten weeks for our schedule where we had Burrow, we won 2, tied 1 and lost 6  HOWEVER, only 3 were double digit losses, with one of them being 11 points and the other 2 way outta hand.  The other 4 were within 5 (3,3,4,5 points respectively).  SO!  we very easily could've been 6-2-1 during that stretch.  

We also know that the second half of the schedule was EASIER, and so we likely would've beaten the Giants and the Cowboys as well.  That would've put our win total to TEN games this year, for a 10-5-1 record. 

10-5-1 would've been quite nice!  And the good news is it's RIGHT THERE!  We were very close!!!  We fix the OL and give Burrow time, keep him clean, and then also get him a new toy (Chase, Davonte, Pitts, something) and look out!  

Rock On Rock On Rock On It's gonna be ok guys!  WHO DEY!!!    Rock On Rock On Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like the two Baltimore games? There’s a team in our division that we don’t even look like we should be in the same league as...

Why not point out how we did against the team that actually won the division? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why not point out how we did against the team that actually won the division? 

1-3 against them, and got stomped in the first loss this season. Yeah, really seems like we’re ready to compete in the division...

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1-3 against them, and got stomped in the first loss this season. Yeah, really seems like we’re ready to compete in the division...

You didn't answer the question. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question. 

Yes I did. That poster claims we’re close to being competitive. We’re not. It starts with your own division and we’re 2-10 under Taylor. With some straight up blowouts like the Steelers beating us by 26 points and the Ravens beating us by 35. That’s not close to being competitive.

One fluke win against a Steelers team that we caught at the right time (they had lost 2 in a row) doesn’t change that. Unless you think their QB will often put up a rating of 62.4 against us. I personally think that’s pretty unlikely.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question. 

He’ll be a bit busy trying to completely destroy my optimistic yet realistic post with pure hatred.  And given how solid what I wrote was, it’ll take a bit I think.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:01 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: He’ll be a bit busy trying to completely destroy my optimistic yet realistic post with pure hatred.  And given how solid what I wrote was, it’ll take a bit I think.

LOL

There’s nothing “realistic” about expecting Zac Taylor to suddenly turn into a good coach. In fact, I’d say it’s downright delusional.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes I did. That poster claims we’re close to being competitive. We’re not. It starts with your own division and we’re 2-10 under Taylor. With some straight up blowouts like the Steelers beating us by 26 points and the Ravens beating us by 35. That’s not close to being competitive.

One fluke win against a Steelers team that we caught at the right time (they had lost 2 in a row) doesn’t change that. Unless you think their QB will often put up a rating of 62.4 against us. I personally think that’s pretty unlikely.

No you didn't and we both know why; so I will actually answer it. 

It's because we preformed much worse against Balt than we did Pitt. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

There’s nothing “realistic” about expecting Zac Taylor to suddenly turn into a good coach. In fact, I’d say it’s downright delusional.

Just a good ole fashioned ribbing, figured you’d get a laugh outta the comment.  

But I was being serious on my response on how we were competitive and we are close.  I truly believe it, and believe that what I shared is a logical approach towards that reasoning.
Reply/Quote
Pointing to close losses as evidence of being competitive is super weak. Even the 0-16 Browns lost a bunch of close games. The majority of NFL games are fairly close.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No you didn't and we both know why; so I will actually answer it. 

It's because we preformed much worse against Balt than we did Pitt. 

Great. We only got our doors blown off against the Steelers once instead of twice. Progress!

2-10 in the division speaks for itself. That ain’t close.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great. We only got our doors blown off against the Steelers once instead of twice. Progress!

2-10 in the division speaks for itself. That ain’t close.

You STILL didn't answer the question; last chance.

Why did you point to our performance against the team that finished 2nd in the division instead of first. I've given you my answer to the actual question; what's yours? 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pointing to close losses as evidence of being competitive is super weak. Even the 0-16 Browns lost a bunch of close games. The majority of NFL games are fairly close.

Wtf?  Close losses directly means that we were competitive.  If we got blown out every game, that would imply that we were not competitive.  

But at least this proves to me that you’re seeing what you wanna see.  I’ll move on.
Reply/Quote