Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fear the walking dead
anybody catch this last night? I thought it was pretty good. a bit slow, but that's fine. I don't need it to go into full blown zombie thrashing. that's what the parent series is for.

the kid who plays the junkie did a pretty good job. the other two teens make me not want to have kids.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 03:35 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: anybody catch this last night?  I thought it was pretty good.  a bit slow, but that's fine.  I don't need it to go into full blown zombie thrashing.  that's what the parent series is for.

the kid who plays the junkie did a pretty good job.  the other two teens make me not want to have kids.

I caught it last night. Started out strong then dragged a bit. But it was pretty good so far. Hoped that they would delve into how or what started it.
Also it seems that some zombies turned faster than the original series first started.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 03:52 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I caught it last night. Started out strong then dragged a bit. But it was pretty good so far. Hoped that they would delve into how or what started it.
Also it seems that some zombies turned faster than the original series first started.

Not in regard to this show, but Kirkman has said before he probably won't reveal how it started. He's said something to the effect of having an idea he likes, but that's about it. I don't think this show will get into it.

Kind of mixed. I like that they didn't just throw everything into the first episode. Let the characters develop some, then go all apocalypse on them. On the other hand, it felt like the other show has the last few seasons — a soap opera with zombies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was underwhelmed. It kinda struck me as a clear money grab by AMC to simply fill a program slot with something they know will make some money. That't not to say it was a bad show or episode, but my overall reaction was just kinda "meh."

I also feel like it's dealing with what I consider the most unrealistic aspect of a zombie apocalypse, which is the whole breakout and downfall of civilization.
Reply/Quote
Is Frank Darabont involved? No? Then I'm out.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Very MEH for me. I am still intrigued by the story line, but dear god, were they trying to make me hate every single character?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Rooting for the junkie. 

Maybe he needs to keep his "options" open and carry around a brown bag with him for survival...
.[Image: th?id=JN.o9kIQbdxHCiOkhD2wnNfug&pid=15.1...=300&h=300].
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I liked it. But I always wanted to know how it all went down anyways.
I kinda liked how they are giving you time to know the family. I also like how they are just beginning to see things happening and realizing things are effed up. I think it will be interesting to see how they depict society disintegrating.
Also, I loved the hidden messages....like the word "awaken" painted on the side of the van in the background on Venice Beach, and how the teacher was teaching chaos theory on the blackboard while they were all watching the video of the walker attacking the firefighters and cops.
Reply/Quote
Set a cable premiere record.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge fan of the comics (been reading for years and I go to the comic shop each month to get the new one). I haven't watched this yet, but I hope they don't try to explain the cause.

Part of what make's the Walking Dead great is they are only concerned with how man survived, not what caused it. Kirkman has suggested he may never reveal that as he has no interest in it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 03:52 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Also it seems that some zombies turned faster than the original series first started.

It's a West Coast thing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I don't know ecactly why, but I felt like I was watching a 1970s drama like Rockford or Columbo or Dirty Harry..  I can't tell if it was the audio or the film or what, but I kept expecting to see one of those station wagon ambulances.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I cant really explain why I didnt like it, but it just didnt feel as well done as the original walking dead. Maybe it has something to do with the production quality, the acting, etc. I just cant put my finger on it.

It just seemed like an amateur version of the actual walking dead.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: I liked it. But I always wanted to know how it all went down anyways.
I kinda liked how they are giving you time to know the family. I also like how they are just beginning to see things happening and realizing things are effed up. I think it will be interesting to see how they depict society disintegrating.
Also, I loved the hidden messages....like the word "awaken" painted on the side of the van in the background on Venice Beach, and how the teacher was teaching chaos theory on the blackboard while they were all watching the video of the walker attacking the firefighters and cops.

I liked it for the exact same same reasons. But I think they are just teasing us about revealing the secret of how it happened. They might not ever reveal that, at least not until the very end of the the very last series anyway. And I'm okay with that. I don't mind being teased. Besides, we all know it was some sort of government experiment that went horribly awry. It always is.

Personally, I'm sort of looking forward to watching the world get all f***ed up in the series.

I also liked the way they showed the addiction problem, particularly from the different viewpoints of different people involved.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I wasn't blown away by it like I was with the pilot of Walking Dead, but I didn't hate it. As others have stated, it started strong, dipped in energy through the middle and then I thought it ended strong. I think the middle dip was due to character development in a 90 minute premier were zombies aren't known to exist.

Agree with the poster above about not really digging any of the characters. Granted it was only the first ep. The kid that played Nick the junkee did well for the most part; the mom was decent but had zero chemistry with her partner. Every time she called him "babe" I just cringed.

Curious if they have a select number of seasons they are aiming for, like a pre-determined end date, with a "mostly" thought out story arch - or if they'll just let 'er ride, trying to cash in until the viewers say 'no one cares'.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed it. You have to develop the characters before all hell breaks lose or you'll be watching a television show starring the guys in the red shirts from Star Trek!!
Reply/Quote
series is progressing nicely.... i think.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 07:44 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: Agree with the poster above about not really digging any of the characters. Granted it was only the first ep. The kid that played Nick the junkee did well for the most part; the mom was decent but had zero chemistry with her partner. Every time she called him "babe" I just cringed.

Agreed. But when she was standing at the fence looking at the neighbor this week, I just got the feeling she's going to be Rick Grimes crazy.
Reply/Quote
I can't take it anymore. I hate every single character. Kill them off and start over.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It hasn't caught my attention yet as something that I really want to watch. In fact, I forgot that I recorded it until today and finally watched it.

I know that it's meant to be slow at this point, but I'm not digging the character development enough to put up with it being slow. Like any show though, I'll keep watching until the season is out. I'm not ready to give up on it already.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote