Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cuts and 2019 Roster
(08-26-2019, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I knew about the lingering injuries to Matt Kalil but hear he's still expected starter Week 1 at OT. Didn't know about the other injuries.

As for Duke Johnson, would it not make sense to bring in Gio even with Duke?
As you said, both are the same type of player, and rotating them in helps keep the ability to run the same type of plays while keeping their legs fresh. Because the way I see it, if Duke goes down there's no one else to fill that role.

They signed Jay Ajayi.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They signed Jay Ajayi.

This was not surprising. I know he had injury issues, but surprised he was still available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would suggest to keep an eye on other teams' Practice Squad Talent as well as potential waiver wire players. The O-line and backer position groups are so thin, another team's practice squad player may be better than what is on the Bengal roster at those two position groups.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we want O line help it will come via trade. The demand for starting caliber O line right now is so high no one is going to chance waiting around for waivers.

Agreed there will be slim pickings in this department, Arizona has the first waiver claims and you can bet they will scoop up any competent lineman!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Link?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:00 PM)corpjet Wrote: Agreed there will be slim pickings in this department, Arizona has the first waiver claims and you can bet they will scoop up any competent lineman!

Bengals FO should already have identified OL or any players they would add via waivers. They can circumvent the process by trading a 7th round pick if they want a guy on their 53 to avoid other teams.

I am still watching Williams, I get the impression he has no plans to play again for the Skins. If so, they eventually willy trade him. Hopefully to us.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals FO should already have identified OL or any players they would add via waivers. They can circumvent the process by trading a 7th round pick if they want a guy on their 53 to avoid other teams.

I am still watching Williams, I get the impression he has no plans to play again for the Skins. If so, they eventually willy trade him. Hopefully to us.

Williams is wanting out of DC because he doesn't trust the medical staff. Not sure ours looks that appealing. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals FO should already have identified OL or any players they would add via waivers. They can circumvent the process by trading a 7th round pick if they want a guy on their 53 to avoid other teams.

I'm not giving up a first rounder for him and I'm sure not signing him to a long term deal for big money at his age.

At this point it's looking like we are "going to war with what we have"
Reply/Quote

Agreed.

Redskins are in tough territory. They're wanting a lot for him. He's also making a healthy amount as well. So, they're going to have to give up the want (last I had heart it was a first round pick). I'm assuming if we won't jump for it, most won't either.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not giving up a first rounder for him and I'm sure not signing him to a long term deal for big money at his age.

At this point it's looking like we are "going to war with what we have"

They would never get a 1st rounder for him, too big a contract and contract ends n 2020 I believe so not signed long term.

Would you give a 3rd round for him? I would in a heart beat.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Williams is wanting out of DC because he doesn't trust the medical staff. Not sure ours looks that appealing. 

What tumor or potential life threatening illness has our medical staff missed?

Lawson is back in less than a year from ACL and looks stronger than before the injury.

I know fans rip or medical staff, but truth is medical staff and trainers can only lead an injured player to the water, they can't make them drink it. Players who want to get healthy quickly will put in extra time to do so, but they also have to listen to their body and can only go as fast as the body permits.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Williams is wanting out of DC because he doesn't trust the medical staff. Not sure ours looks that appealing. 

Look at the bright side. If he was to get his head ripped off, the medical staff would say, "Your ok kid. Your just a little dinged up!" Well, not really a bright side, but kinda comforting thinking your ok before you bleed out.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Look at the bright side. If he was to get his head ripped off, the medical staff would say, "Your ok kid. Your just a little dinged up!" Well, not really a bright side, but kinda comforting thinking your ok before you bleed out.

You are confusing coach speak with trainer/doctor speak. I don't recall a trainer or doctor violating HIPPA by saying anything.

Reply/Quote
Keep an eye out to see if Seattle tries to hide Linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven on their PS this year. He was a 5th round pick and was the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year in 2018. That said, since he is rookie he probably could still use a year to add some muscle to his frame but for right now I bet he'd be a better weakside LB than Malik Jefferson.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What tumor or potential life threatening illness has our medical staff missed?

Lawson is back in less than a year from ACL and looks stronger than before the injury.

I know fans rip or medical staff, but truth is medical staff and trainers can only lead an injured player to the water, they can't make them drink it. Players who want to get healthy quickly will put in extra time to do so, but they also have to listen to their body and can only go as fast as the body permits.

Didn't say they were incompetent. Simply doubt they are touted Nationally as an elite staff. But if memory serves I do believe we are one of the few facilities that has an MRI machine on site

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say they were incompetent. Simply doubt they are touted Nationally as an elite staff. But if memory serves I do believe we are one of the few facilities that has an MRI machine on site

PBS is actually the only NFL stadium with an MRI machine, so he can go get those benign tumors scoped out after practice.

The point is really moot, though.  Washington was reportedly offered a 1st for him and declined, and a team would honestly be stupid to offer that, let alone more, for him.  
Reply/Quote

Not according to this.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2019/8/26/20832887/houston-texans-roster-news-texans-sign-christian-dilaurio-and-jay-ajayi-still-remains-unsigned

And, good luck to anyone thinking that the Texans would give up any OL depth, they just signed a castoff for depth at Tackle.  According to the Texan's version of CincyJungle, they may just flat out release Matt Kalil.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Link?

Yea I couldn't find a confirmation either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not according to this.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2019/8/26/20832887/houston-texans-roster-news-texans-sign-christian-dilaurio-and-jay-ajayi-still-remains-unsigned

And, good luck to anyone thinking that the Texans would give up any OL depth, they just signed a castoff for depth at Tackle.  According to the Texan's version of CincyJungle, they may just flat out release Matt Kalil.

Swing and a miss for me then haha.
Seriously though, they must be planning to use Howard and/or Scharping at OG or something because they have easily 6 OTs on their roster right now. Henderson, Johnson, Davenport, Howard, Scharping, Kalil, and now Dilauro.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

all our guys seem back and healthy from their 2018 injuries.
Reply/Quote