Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cuts and 2019 Roster
(08-28-2019, 01:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is ESPN projection for Seattle roster. They have 2 LB's out (on bubble) in Nurr-Kiven and Sha. Griffen

LINEBACKER (5): Bobby WagnerK.J. WrightMychal KendricksCody BartonAustin Calitro

Shaquem Griffin is back from a knee injury but is squarely on the roster bubble. Griffin and fifth-round pick Ben Burr-Kirven are candidates to be the sixth linebacker if the Seahawks keep that many, but they could get away with keeping only five knowing they could turn to Martin or Bellore in a pinch.

Would be all for picking Griffin off their PS as well. I know SHRacer sure would lol
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for picking Griffin off their PS as well. I know SHRacer sure would lol

i'd prefer Griffin or BBK over any of Jefferson, Evans, Nickerson, or Davis.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jordan Mills is a decent backup OT. He performs at about the same level as Hart.
Given the starters are (likely) set at this point with Glenn and Hart, the Bengals are probably only going to be able to get a backup at this point.
I'd welcome Jordan Mills to back up along with Andre.

Jordan Mills is like Hart is NOW and has been since he stepped into the league.

Hart has improved (albeit barely) since he came into the league and is still super young, with room for growth and improvement.

Mills has sucked since day one and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team.

(08-28-2019, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: i'd prefer Griffin or BBK over any of Jefferson, Evans, Nickerson, or Davis.

I'd still keep Evans, but agree with the rest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: i'd prefer Griffin or BBK over any of Jefferson, Evans, Nickerson, or Davis.

I have not seen enough from Davis yet so can't say I would cut him for these guys.  Evans I disagree, but rest I agree.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Evans has improved, I would keep him.

(08-28-2019, 01:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jordan Mills is like Hart is NOW and has been since he stepped into the league.

Hart has improved (albeit barely) since he came into the league and is still super young, with room for growth and improvement.

Mills has been that bad huh Truck? If so, I would go with someone else.

(08-28-2019, 02:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have not seen enough from Davis yet so can't say I would cut him for these guys.  Evans I disagree, but rest I agree.

Yeah, Davis we need to give some time and see more of him before we cut him.

Seen enough of Nickerson that is all i know.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 11:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, does not bode well for ZT's influence on the roster. Yes, bad break with rookie Williams hurt, but he has known that for months. As for LB, again he has done nothing to get Tobin to get him help.

Maybe after cuts, but not likely stud LB or OL is available unless team is wishing to cut salary and cap as any vets on 53 man on first week of season gets guaranteed money.

For year one here, ZT can only play with the hand he was dealt plus the current draft picks. It is up to him to convey his needs and no doubt that happens in the 'daily discussions' we hear so much about; but ZT does not sign players. 

In any well run organization, middle to upper management is always discussing what is known as "Talent Management' - strengths, weaknesses, gaps, who needs coaching, who needs help, etc. By no means am i assuming the Bengals are a well run organization. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jordan Mills is like Hart is NOW and has been since he stepped into the league.

Hart is 25, Mills is 28.
Why wouldn't you want Mills as a backup? There's not really a better backup out there right now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hart is 25, Mills is 28.
Why wouldn't you want Mills as a backup? There's not really a better backup out there right now.

There is; 'dre :)

And yeah; Hart has another 2 years before he hits his prime; Mills is into his prime and is just as bad as he was before then.

And Mills will be 29 this year, so that's cheating Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There is; 'dre :)

And yeah; Hart has another 2 years before he hits his prime; Mills is into his prime and is just as bad as he was before then.

And Mills will be 29 this year, so that's cheating Wink

Smith is one backup OT. Typically, the Bengals keep 2. Who is the other backup OT on the roster? I'd prefer Mills over Dugas.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Smith is one backup OT. Typically, the Bengals keep 2. Who is the other backup OT on the roster? I'd prefer Mills over Dugas.

Could keep an extra Guard and have Jerry or Jordan kick out to RT in a pinch.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Smith is one backup OT. Typically, the Bengals keep 2. Who is the other backup OT on the roster? I'd prefer Mills over Dugas.

Dugas had that one terrible play where he wasn't ready but overall he has been pretty damn good for a rookie.

But i certainly wouldn't mind adding an OT with experience like Mills and putting Dugas on the PS.
Reply/Quote
The weird part is Hart has actually improved this preseason. He had one whiff in the first game but since then zip. To be honest Glenn also looked better before the concussion and Hopkins has looked better too. Makes me ask what they did scheme or coaching wise that is helping.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 04:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Could keep an extra Guard and have Jerry or Jordan kick out to RT in a pinch.

The Bengals have indicated that Jerry could play OT.  Apparently he has started their in the NFL before.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 04:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: The weird part is Hart has actually improved this preseason. He had one whiff in the first game but since then zip. To be honest Glenn also looked better before the concussion and Hopkins has looked better too. Makes me ask what they did scheme or coaching wise that is helping.

It is a good question cause everyone has looked pretty damn good especially in pass protection at least the top guys. Liking the scheme and the Turner hire already. We will see how well they do against Seattle in their place though. Tough place to play that causes a lot of penalties with how loud it gets.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 04:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Could keep an extra Guard and have Jerry or Jordan kick out to RT in a pinch.

I get that, but do you really think either of those two would be better at OT than Mills?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cards traded their 2nd year back up tackle Korey Cunningham, a former Bearcat, to the Patriots for a 6th rounder. Either Zac and co. don’t think he was worth a trade or we aren’t looking very hard for potential back ups.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: Cards traded their 2nd year  back up tackle Korey Cunningham, a former Bearcat, to the Patriots for a 6th rounder.  Either Zac and co. don’t think he was worth a trade or we aren’t  looking very hard for potential back ups.

Pats lose their center and trade for a OT. They must have a plan for OT to move to guard or center. 

What did Pats give up?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for picking Griffin off their PS as well. I know SHRacer sure would lol

Yep. He's an amazing Special Teams player for them as well and of course his personal story is kind of amazing too. 

Basically whomever doesn't make Seattle's 53 is worth a look. They're stacked at linebacker. 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: Cards traded their 2nd year  back up tackle Korey Cunningham, a former Bearcat, to the Patriots for a 6th rounder.  Either Zac and co. don’t think he was worth a trade or we aren’t  looking very hard for potential back ups.

(08-28-2019, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pats lose their center and trade for a OT. They must have a plan for OT to move to guard or center. 

What did Pats give up?

Here 2 help
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:23 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yep. He's an amazing Special Teams player for them as well and of course his personal story is kind of amazing too. 

Basically whomever doesn't make Seattle's 53 is worth a look. They're stacked at linebacker. 

Yeah it is the rest of their Defensive roster where they lost so many players.

But LB is where they are strong and we are weak so they are the perfect team to grab from.
Reply/Quote