Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cuts and 2019 Roster
(08-26-2019, 07:15 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Keep an eye out to see if Seattle tries to hide Linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven on their PS this year. He was a 5th round pick and was the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year in 2018. That said, since he is rookie he probably could still use a year to add some muscle to his frame but for right now I bet he'd be a better weakside LB than Malik Jefferson.

I wanted this guy later in the draft he is relentless.  However he really small for a LB and I don't think he can add to his frame. He could be that S/LB hybrid though.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Mills just became available. Reports say he has an injury that could keep him out a few weeks. I know we brought him in before but ended up resigning Hart. I still think he could push Hart out of a job when healthy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Jordan Mills just became available. Reports say he has an injury that could keep him out a few weeks. I know we brought him in before but ended up resigning Hart. I still think he could push Hart out of a job when healthy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044534/article/roundup-fins-release-rt-jordan-mills-three-others

Here it is. If healthy, we should give him a look
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 12:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044534/article/roundup-fins-release-rt-jordan-mills-three-others

Wow! Both a former Dolphin and Bill! Maybe we could hire him as a coach! Seems to check off all the boxes that we look for.

Mills, who the Dolphins signed this offseason from Buffalo, started the team's first preseason game, but struggled on a porous Miami offensive line before missing time with an undisclosed injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 12:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044534/article/roundup-fins-release-rt-jordan-mills-three-others

well hes not healthy so I would wait till he is...  Probly after the season starts at this point..

But sounds like he wasn't playing well when he played.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 07:15 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Keep an eye out to see if Seattle tries to hide Linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven on their PS this year. He was a 5th round pick and was the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year in 2018. That said, since he is rookie he probably could still use a year to add some muscle to his frame but for right now I bet he'd be a better weakside LB than Malik Jefferson.

This guy was everywhere last season. Hopefully we can steal Burr-Kirven off their PS.

He needs to gain some weight but he could be a hybrid S/LB for us in a pinch. Great tackler.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy was everywhere last season. Hopefully we can steal Burr-Kirven off their PS.

He needs to gain some weight but he could be a hybrid S/LB for us in a pinch. Great tackler.

I wanted this guy from the draft - Bengals need speed at LB! 
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t mind seeing an upgrade at Linebacker.I think our O line is pretty much set.What you see is what you got.By the way,I think Smith and Hart are doing a decent job on the O line.Hart has improved from last year,and I believe he’s going to end up being a pretty good RT.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 02:53 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I wanted this guy from the draft - Bengals need speed at LB! 

Bengals have speed at LB (on paper), but they don't play fast. A healthy Burfict was an example of a LB who played faster than his speed. A LB needs to read quickly and react, that is our issue, our LB's are slow to read and react.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 04:26 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: ZT might be different but Brown isn't. I don't see us picking up anyone. I feel like we probably would have by now.

I think ZT seems happy with his offensive line, although a lot of us are more nervous about it.  I will give them this...they have pass protected very well thus far (I know it is only preseason) and last year that was the biggest issue.  

I don't see them getting an OT that was cut, but I could absolutely see them picking up a LB.  I don't think any of the LBs at the end of the roster have done anything to distinguish themselves.  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think ZT seems happy with his offensive line, although a lot of us are more nervous about it.  I will give them this...they have pass protected very well thus far (I know it is only preseason) and last year that was the biggest issue.  

I don't see them getting an OT that was cut, but I could absolutely see them picking up a LB.  I don't think any of the LBs at the end of the roster have done anything to distinguish themselves.  

I doubt he is happy with the OL, probably more like 'they suck but i think i can work around them for awhile'. The OL and LB positions are just dreadful overall. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:37 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I doubt he is happy with the OL, probably more like 'they suck but i think i can work around them for awhile'. The OL and LB positions are just dreadful overall. 

If so, does not bode well for ZT's influence on the roster. Yes, bad break with rookie Williams hurt, but he has known that for months. As for LB, again he has done nothing to get Tobin to get him help.

Maybe after cuts, but not likely stud LB or OL is available unless team is wishing to cut salary and cap as any vets on 53 man on first week of season gets guaranteed money.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 02:53 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I wanted this guy from the draft - Bengals need speed at LB! 

Same here, Luvnit is right here though. We have speed at LB they just have to learn to play fast.

(08-27-2019, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals have speed at LB (on paper), but they don't play fast. A healthy Burfict was an example of a LB who played faster than his speed. A LB needs to read quickly and react, that is our issue, our LB's are slow to read and react.

Burr-Kirven played fast in college.

Also think Pratt is a big upgrade in this area, he can also play fast.

Tem just needs to get our guys to play instinctively.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 11:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, does not bode well for ZT's influence on the roster. Yes, bad break with rookie Williams hurt, but he has known that for months. As for LB, again he has done nothing to get Tobin to get him help.

Maybe after cuts, but not likely stud LB or OL is available unless team is wishing to cut salary and cap as any vets on 53 man on first week of season gets guaranteed money.

The OL has looked good in pass protection this far, which was our main concern.  When we get to the regular season, we'll see if Zac was telling the truth about not wanting to put runs on film.  Andre has looked ok at T, and I think T depth was a big concern.  

LB has been bad, no doubt, but there will probably be some vets cut.

Our best bet is to try to trade a WR, DL, and/or G for a 4th OT or some LB help.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 12:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: The OL has looked good in pass protection this far, which was our main concern.  When we get to the regular season, we'll see if Zac was telling the truth about not wanting to put runs on film.  Andre has looked ok at T, and I think T depth was a big concern.  

LB has been bad, no doubt, but there will probably be some vets cut.

Our best bet is to try to trade a WR, DL, and/or G for a 4th OT or some LB help.

I agree our OL has looked better in pass protection. I was just responding to a post saying our OL is still not good.

I am optimistic the OL and LB play is better in 2019.  do believe players can improve via hard work and coaching. I want to see game #1 how we perform. I want to see how ZT and the coaches game plan on offense and defense to highlight our strengths and hide our weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

Reply/Quote
Jordan Mills is a decent backup OT. He performs at about the same level as Hart.
Given the starters are (likely) set at this point with Glenn and Hart, the Bengals are probably only going to be able to get a backup at this point.
I'd welcome Jordan Mills to back up along with Andre.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jordan Mills is a decent backup OT. He performs at about the same level as Hart.
Given the starters are (likely) set at this point with Glenn and Hart, the Bengals are probably only going to be able to get a backup at this point.
I'd welcome Jordan Mills to back up along with Andre.

Same here.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 11:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, does not bode well for ZT's influence on the roster. Yes, bad break with rookie Williams hurt, but he has known that for months. As for LB, again he has done nothing to get Tobin to get him help.

I think, IF Williams was healthy and played as advertised AND Boling was healthy and played...we would have been pretty decent.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think, IF Williams was healthy and played as advertised AND Boling was healthy and played...we would have been pretty decent.

But they are not, so ZT has to figure out how to find success without Williams in 2019 and Boling forever. As they say, next man up. Let's see which OL step up and play for better future contracts and job security in the NFL. Every game is an audition for your own team and they other 31.

Reply/Quote

This is ESPN projection for Seattle roster. They have 2 LB's out (on bubble) in Nurr-Kiven and Sha. Griffen

LINEBACKER (5): Bobby WagnerK.J. WrightMychal KendricksCody BartonAustin Calitro

Shaquem Griffin is back from a knee injury but is squarely on the roster bubble. Griffin and fifth-round pick Ben Burr-Kirven are candidates to be the sixth linebacker if the Seahawks keep that many, but they could get away with keeping only five knowing they could turn to Martin or Bellore in a pinch.

Reply/Quote