Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
I would concur with the list. What says you?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769426/article/qb-index-tom-brady-owns-no-1-in-yearend-rankings
Reply/Quote
Dalton is better than Newton and Winston easily.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So sick of this Andrew luck fantasy people seem to have
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:41 PM)J24 Wrote: Dalton is better than Newton and Winston easily.

Didn't Cam have a passer rating of 75 this year? He was awful.

Winston nearly led the league in INTs.

Palmer at 12 and had a worse season? None of it makes sense. Oh wait...It's Rosenthal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 06:46 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I would concur with the list. What says you?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769426/article/qb-index-tom-brady-owns-no-1-in-yearend-rankings

Horrible list
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Utter nonsense when it comes to Dalton. He played better than most on that list, he just didn't have the tools around him most of the season.
Reply/Quote
He didn't have the tools? Yeah right. Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio
Reply/Quote
And if he don't have the tools, then why are so many people not wanting another receiver?
Reply/Quote
Any article that mentions QBR as this one does several times I will never agree with...QBR is a made up stat by ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't have the tools?  Yeah right.  Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio

Green was always doubled, and it took Boyd a while to catch up...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:20 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: And if he don't have the tools, then why are so many people not wanting another receiver?

Because now Boyd and Core have a season behind them and are playing well, as is LaFell, who is now healthy. Also, Erickson has shown up. None of them are rookies anymore and all have proven they can play here alongside Green....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't have the tools?  Yeah right.  Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio

Cam has an OL, and a rushing attack to take the pressure off of him.  As a QB, Newton is a Diva, sissified ballerina.  Cry's about "getting hit"...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 06:46 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I would concur with the list. What says you?

Looks pretty much like a rankings of QBs based on team wins, and not performance.  I've banged on Dalton in the past but this year he had one of his best seasons as pro (in the top 2).  The numbers may not be as flashy (TDs), but Andy stepped up and really took that offense onto his back when they needed quiet consistency (only 8 int).

(01-04-2017, 08:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So sick of this Andrew luck fantasy people seem to have

What fantasy?  If we say Dalton is a top tier QB in this league then Luck has to be there as well. It's a fact, not a fantasy.  Look at the stats.  Dalton and Luck both had one of their best seasons and their numbers are virtually identical. 

Attempts:  Luck 545/ Dalton 563
Comp:  Luck 346/Dalton 364
Comp Pct:  Luck 63.5%/ Dalton 64.7%
Yards:  Luck 4,240/ Dalton 4,206
Average:  Luck 7.8/ Dalton 7.5
Yards Per Game:  Luck 282.7/ Dalton 262.9
TD:  Luck 31/ Dalton 18
Int:  Luck 13/ Dalton 8
Sacked: Luck 41/ Dalton 41
Rating: Luck 96.4/ 91.8 

And they both did it with pretty damn bad offensive lines which were both in the bottom 10 of the league.

Quote:22. Indianapolis Colts (68.0)
The Colts have allowed the most total pressures in the entire league, at 159, in 409 pass-blocking snaps. Only two lines have been asked to pass protect on more snaps (Green Bay and Jacksonville), but that still is the worst rate in the league, and a total that would be one of the worst we have seen over the past decade. The issue, though, is that Andrew Luck holds the ball longer than any QB in the league outside of Tyrod Taylor, averaging 2.75 seconds per attempt, so this line is pass blocking longer than nearly any other unit. The starting five is less of an issue than the depth, but any time they have been forced to the bench, things have been ugly. Jack Mewhort has yet to allow a single sack or hit across 298 pass-blocking snaps at guard.

23. Cincinnati Bengals (67.0)
For years, the Bengals had one of the league’s best lines, but this season they have fallen off. Heading into the season, they had two potential issues on paper at right tackle and center, and both have proven to be problems. RT Cedric Ogbuehi has allowed seven sacks and 32 total QB pressures across nine games, and C Russell Bodine has allowed more sacks than any other center in the league. Andrew Whitworth has remained one of the best tackles in the game, currently second in PFF’s rankings with an 89.8 grade, but he hasn’t had enough help.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

The Andrew Luck hate is moronic and just seems fashionable because people resent he was pegged as the "Next XXX".  Luck went to a shit team in shambles, tasked with picking up where Manning left off and given T.Y Hilton, a card board cut out defense and offensive lines, and a pat on the head.  

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cam has an OL, and a rushing attack to take the pressure off of him.  As a QB, Newton is a Diva, sissified ballerina.  Cry's about "getting hit"...

Not to mention the 2nd best TE in football, Greg Olsen. You know...the guy who just set an NFL TE record by having 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. Most of Dalton's hypothetical weapons haven't been able to stay on the field lately, and our run game is once again abysmal.

Cam and Andy's supporting casts - all things considered - have been similar if not slanted towards Cam. Yet who had the better season...by a mile? Btw, Dalton also got a much better season out of LaFell than Cam ever did.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

(01-04-2017, 10:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not to mention the 2nd best TE in football, Greg Olsen. You know...the guy who just set an NFL TE record by having 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. Most of Dalton's hypothetical weapons haven't been able to stay on the field lately, and our run game is once again abysmal.

Cam and Andy's supporting casts - all things considered - have been similar if not slanted towards Cam. Yet who had the better season...by a mile? Btw, Dalton also got a much better season out of LaFell than Cam ever did.

Andy really needs to screw with everyone's heads. Pick up a big bucket of just for men and roll into the season with a rich, lustrous chestnut head of hair. Bet that alone jumps him 5 spots in the QB rankings.  You know it's true....

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Fair enough on Luck, Burma. I think a lot of people resent how much hype there is around the guy. Personally, I feel like the media puts him on a level with Peyton and Rodgers when he hasn't earned that yet. Peyton was one of few QBs that could elevate a poor team to SB contention. While Luck does keep the Colts from being a laughingstock (which I felt Andy did this year as well), he isn't able to make a poor team a SB contender. Just look at the last couple years.

Top 10 QB though, IMO. Just not top 5 elite/next Rodgers/Peyton.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Andy really needs to screw with everyone's heads. Pick up a big bucket of just for men and roll into the season with a rich, lustrous chestnut head of hair. Bet that alone jumps him 5 spots in the QB rankings.  You know it's true....

Lmao. Sadly...I think his hair does play into it. Heck, there were pre-draft questions about whether or not a red headed QB could be successful in the NFL. Remember that nonsense? Then he has success and it's instantly attributed to AJ Green. The dude just can't win.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough on Luck, Burma. I think a lot of people resent how much hype there is around the guy. Personally, I feel like the media puts him on a level with Peyton and Rodgers when he hasn't earned that yet. Peyton was one of few QBs that could elevate a poor team to SB contention. While Luck does keep the Colts from being a laughingstock (which I felt Andy did this year as well), he isn't able to make a poor team a SB contender. Just look at the last couple years.

Top 10 QB though, IMO. Just not top 5 elite/next Rodgers/Peyton.

Yep, media backlash seems pretty common with Luck.  Just a perfect example of "set up for failure".  Bad team, bad management, bad defense, bad offense and impossibly hyped #1 pick.  I agree top 10 for sure, and time will tell if Irsay gives him the support needs to reach that elite 5 level.  I like the guy, so I hope so.

(01-04-2017, 11:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lmao. Sadly...I think his hair does play into it. Heck, there were pre-draft questions about whether or not a red headed QB could be successful in the NFL. Remember that nonsense? Then he has success and it's instantly attributed to AJ Green. The dude just can't win.

I suck at photoshop, unless it's making my wife's boobs huge.. Hmm for science..   Maybe we can hit up CINwillWIN and see if he can work his mojo and get Andy some brown hair.

Reply/Quote
Dalton needs to be about 5 higher on that list.

Andrew Luck at 5 is a joke.
Carson Palmer was terrible considering he had one of the best pass catching groups in the NFL.
Philip Rivers just threw 21 interceptions and had the 2nd lowest completion % of his career. Maybe his age caught up to him.
Jameis Winston wasn't very impressive.
Cam Newton was TURRIBLE.

I'd currently put Dalton in front of those 5.

- - - - - - -

Prescott and Mariota are kind of hard to rank because of how ridiculously good their run games were. (2nd and 3rd in rushing, respectively) I can't imagine they'd be nearly as good if they were actually relied upon and defenses didn't have to put 7-8 in the box to try to stop the run.

- - - - - - - -

12th would be roughly where I put Dalton, probably in roughly the same level as Carr/Stafford/Cousins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

It's too bad that our OL was horrible for almost the entire year. Poor blocking hurt the running game and left Dalton with insufficient time to develop a down-the-field passing game with a ton of new receivers.

Dalton ranks higher in my book.

Reply/Quote