Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Schedule
(04-18-2019, 10:38 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This has to be the worse schedule I have ever seen,the stinkin nfl hates us, all of our home games are in stink winter and nasty ass cold.This is going to be an 8 and 8 season,if lucky.We will NOT win in seattle and we never get a home opener.I mean to go clear to hawks country and you cannot hear in that place and they are impossible to beat at home,just like the stoolers.I hate hate this crooked schedule and we play the brownies twice in four weeks.what a stinkin deal.so ticked off at this crooked nfl

that's actually a benefit for us...   make teams play us on our turf in our weather
Reply/Quote
Definitely going to the Buffalo game as its less than 1 1/2 hours away from me and will probably go to the Arizona game, as I believe Thanksgiving is the next day.

Haven't been to a game since 2015!

Keep in mind that every year I attended a game, the Bengals made the playoffs Wink.

Not trying to jinx it, but it is the truth!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's actually a benefit for us...   make teams play us on our turf in our weather

ESPECIALLY Miami.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I hat to rain on your fantasy of 0-16, but you do realize that we won 6 games last year, don't you?

I'm just saying there are no gimmies on this schedule. Last year basically everyone put the Browns down as two certain wins, then look what happened.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:07 PM)pally Wrote: A whole lot of travelling week to week   No Thursday night game.

week 1 @Seattle
week 2 San Francisco
week 3 @Buffalo
week 4 @ Pitt MNF
week 5 Arizona
week 6 @Balt
week 7 Jacksonville
week 8 @Rams- London
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens
week 11 @Oakland
week 12 Pitt
week 13 NYJ
week 14 @Browns
week 15 Patriots
week 16 @Miami
week 17 Browns

No big shockers either way.

-Good to get a big west coast trip out of the way in week one.

-Good to have that game in Miami in the end of December.  Those games can be brutally hot early in the season.

-Good to play one of our weakest opponents (Ari) after our only short week.

-Bad to have 3 of first four on  the road.

-Wish we could have gotten the bye earlier in the year.  With new coach the players will still be learning and adjusting early in the season. Would have been nice to have an off week to work out the glitches.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:20 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Haven't you heard? The Browns will be heading into December undefeated and will have home field advantage locked up having already left the rest of the league in the dust. That week 17 game against them might as well be a second bye because the Browns will already be resting everyone in preparation for the inevitable Super Bowl run, with Mayfield and OBJ neck-in-neck in the MVP race. There's even talk about just cancelling the season altogether and just giving them the Lombardi, so those games in December might not even be played.

Plans are already in place for their second parade in three seasons!

All joking aside, why is it impossible for the Browns to get better?  They hired a decent GM they built through the draft and have made aggressive off-season moves.  What should they do? 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aside, why is it impossible for the Browns to get better?  They hired a decent GM they built through the draft and have made aggressive off-season moves.  What should they do? 

They're doing exactly what they should be doing. They haven't actually won anything yet, though, so let's pump the brakes. I know plenty of people around here are ready to crown them already. If we're going to poke fun at the non-believers, let's poke fun at them as well.
Reply/Quote
I think people are overestimating the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aside, why is it impossible for the Browns to get better? 

It is not impossible.  It is just kind of funny how the people who are most pessimistic about the Bengals are so optimistic about the Browns.

No one seems to care that the Browns are replacing one of the best OGs in the league with a guy who just played 15 snaps as a rookie last year.  But If anyone here suggested that Malik Jefferson was the Bengals answer at LB they would get laughed at.

I have always been a fan of Mayfield and the Browns have added some other talent, but they had the 30th ranked defense last year and only beat one team with a winning record.  I am not ready to crown them yet.
Reply/Quote
the Browns should be better.but lets not annoint them
North champs right now.
I like their aggressiveness.
Dorsey is in a win now mode while Mayfield has a affordable contract.
but its easy to forget the Bengals were a coaching breakdown away from 5 and 1 in 2018.
the Browns arent this juggernaunt and the Bengals arent the old Browns.
no team is immune from injuries or imploding
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:04 PM)NKURyan Wrote: They're doing exactly what they should be doing. They haven't actually won anything yet, though, so let's pump the brakes. I know plenty of people around here are ready to crown them already. If we're going to poke fun at the non-believers, let's poke fun at them as well.

I get that, but they managed to win 7 games last year in a year that started with Hue at HC and Tylenol Taylor at QB.  So they won something thus far.  7 wins with that caveat is worth looking at 2019 as the possible next step rather than putting them at absolute zero.

8 weeks of Hue at HC and they won 7 games?  That's not world beating, but it does show a bit of aptitude. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that, but they managed to win 7 games last year in a year that started with Hue at HC and Tylenol Taylor at QB.  So they won something thus far.  7 wins with that caveat is worth looking at 2019 as the possible next step rather than putting them at absolute zero.

8 weeks of Hue at HC and they won 7 games?  That's not world beating, but it does show a bit of aptitude. 

You must think the 2011 Raiders team that played .500 ball with Hue as head coach was a really great team.

But they went 4-12 in 2012.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not impossible.  It is just kind of funny how the people who are most pessimistic about the Bengals are so optimistic about the Browns.

No one seems to care that the Browns are replacing one of the best OGs in the league with a guy who just played 15 snaps as a rookie last year.  But If anyone here suggested that Malik Jefferson was the Bengals answer at LB they would get laughed at.

I have always been a fan of Mayfield and the Browns have added some other talent, but they had the 30th ranked defense last year and only beat one team with a winning record.  I am not ready to crown them yet.

That’s because Malik Jefferson was a middle rd project who couldn’t even get on the field for a team that was trotting out guys like Hardy Nickerson.

Zeitler’s replacement was taken with the 1st pick of round 2, and the Browns are obviously very high on him.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must think the 2011 Raiders team that played .500 ball with Hue as head coach was a really great team.

But they went 4-12 in 2012.

Well they fired Hue and hired a HC who was in way over his head, so maybe we should predict the same for the Bengals or Browns this year.

Side note, if a Bears RB stays in bounds vs the BRoncos the Raiders win the division in 2011 and get the chance to flop in the playoffs, aka a Bengals golden season.

But now we are getting way off track.  But yea the 2011 Raiders weren't total crap, but they pulled the plug on 8-8 and made things worse. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not impossible.  It is just kind of funny how the people who are most pessimistic about the Bengals are so optimistic about the Browns.

a guy who really helps said 30th ranked defense in Vernon? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm just saying there are no gimmies on this schedule. Last year basically everyone put the Browns down as two certain wins, then look what happened.

well for the past 4 years they were a gimme win.. We didn't predict our roster would be sitting on IR either lol  OR driskel would be the QB vs the browns one game.

Any team can win any sunday.  The browns potentially improved in some spots while they let talent go In others.  

We getting a lot of players back.    AFCN is wide open for all 4 teams.

You know what will make the difference?  the teams that win on sunday.
Reply/Quote
the Browns were healthy for the most part in 2018.
how many great to elite QBS did they beat in 2018? Matt Ryan?
a couple QBS they faced in 2018 are no longer a starter or with that team in 2019.
Flacco..Driskel...Keenum...
Kitchens did a good job of overhauling the playbook when he stepped in.
but there was no film yet on Mayfield.
now there is what 11,games worth on him?
hes a smart QB no doubt.
buts he not facing the dysfunction that was the Bengals from the 2nd half of 2018
Reply/Quote
This is fun

Reply/Quote
We were 5-3 last season with both AJ and Andy in the lineup last year. Our defense played a lot better to end the season and they did that without their top Pass rusher and without an actual starting 3 down LB( which is like the defensive equivalent of the RB meaning you can find one in the draft). I wouldn't rule out this team picking first but I wouldn't rule out an AFC championship game run either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that, but they managed to win 7 games last year in a year that started with Hue at HC and Tylenol Taylor at QB.  So they won something thus far.  7 wins with that caveat is worth looking at 2019 as the possible next step rather than putting them at absolute zero.

The Bengals won 8 games in a season where Dave friggin' Shula coached 7 games. So what? "Having a pulse" is not the same as "being a winner".
Reply/Quote