Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Schedule
(04-18-2019, 01:42 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Two points:

1) This schedule is one of the reasons why Taylor was hired. We are playing NFC West. So hope it pays off immediately. 3-1 would be nice against that division.

2) The second Pitt game is just terrible. Red eye flights cut two days out of you.

Lol what? I know sarcasm can be hard to detect on the internet, but I can’t imagine anyone would believe this...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't watch any football besides Bengals games since I don't like any other team, but what does Seattle have other than the home field that makes that game an automatic loss? Pittsburgh lost their 2 biggest playmakers, so they won't be the same without them. Jacksonville made a change in QB if I'm not mistaken, so who knows how that plays out. Cleveland has talent on both sides of the ball, and should be 2 good games. We seem to play pretty good against Baltimore, no reason to think otherwise there. New England is a home game, maybe the crowd steps up and makes it tough for Brady, if he's even playing then. I know the same can be said about Cincinnati too, but this is my team and I think they will have a good year, as long as they hit a couple solid picks in the draft and don't have many big injuries like last year.
Reply/Quote
Depends on how quickly the team gels with the coaching staff. If they gel quickly we could be looking at a really solid, winning season. If not it could be a really long, disastrous season. 
For the time being I'm picking to be positive until proven otherwise. We're going to embarrass a lot of teams this year hoping to romp all over our fabled Bengals. If not then Oh Well..another sucky season in the books.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 03:05 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I don't watch any football besides Bengals games since I don't like any other team, but what does Seattle have other than the home field that makes that game an automatic loss? Pittsburgh lost their 2 biggest playmakers, so they won't be the same without them. Jacksonville made a change in QB if I'm not mistaken, so who knows how that plays out. Cleveland has talent on both sides of the ball, and should be 2 good games. We seem to play pretty good against Baltimore, no reason to think otherwise there. New England is a home game, maybe the crowd steps up and makes it tough for Brady, if he's even playing then. I know the same can be said about Cincinnati too, but this is my team and I think they will have a good year, as long as they hit a couple solid picks in the draft and don't have many big injuries like last year.

I don’t think any games other than maybe the two against Pitt are “automatic losses” (let’s hope Zac turns that around), but I marked Seattle as a L. They have Russell Wilson who I think is a borderline elite/top tier QB, and they won 10 games last year. We have beaten him before but it took a remarkable comeback to pull it off. And it was our 2015 team that was easily the best Dalton era team we’ve ever had.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 04:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think any games other than maybe the two against Pitt are “automatic losses” 

I don't know why you would label them automatic losses? We've beaten them before numerous times, and they are in implosion mode....
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know why you would label them automatic losses? We've beaten them before numerous times, and they are in implosion mode....

Because the last time we've beat the Steelers was 11/01/2015. I think it's safe to assume them automatic L's until they prove otherwise.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
As of today I’ve got us for 6 or 7 wins. Until they prove they’re better than that, they’re not. I’m not saying they don’t have potential, but potential just means “ain’t done it yet”. It’s time to do it, Bengals, because the coaching changes will mean nothing to fans if you still can’t win. The stands will still be empty and as well they should be.

Prove all of us naysayers wrong, Bengals. I’m begging you.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know why you would label them automatic losses? We've beaten them before numerous times, and they are in implosion mode....

Are you serious? Maybe because they’ve completely owned us for years? And PBS is basically Heinz Field West. Your definition of “numerous” must be a lot different than mine...

We have lost 8 in a row to them, and are 3-16 since 2010.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:22 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Because the last time we've beat the Steelers was 11/01/2015. I think it's safe to assume them automatic L's until they prove otherwise.

And I’m not buying “implosion mode” until I see it. As long as Ben is around I’m not writing them off.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Go right ahead and underestimate the other lowly team on the field and our lowly team will get its arse kicked.

Right, because what a bunch of fools on a message board say has a direct correlation on the field.  Damn, that's an idiotic thing to say.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I’m not buying “implosion mode” until I see it. As long as Ben is around I’m not writing them off.

Yep, and they haven't had but 2 losing seasons in the last 20 years. 3 seasons at .500. So yeah I am not writing them off until they actually stop being all consistent and shit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:31 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: As of today I’ve got us for 6 or 7 wins. Until they prove they’re better than that, they’re not. I’m not saying they don’t have potential, but potential just means “ain’t done it yet”. It’s time to do it, Bengals, because the coaching changes will mean nothing to fans if you still can’t win. The stands will still be empty and as well they should be.

Prove all of us naysayers wrong, Bengals. I’m begging you.

I'd agree with 6 or 7 wins ... maybe 8 if we're lucky.

The last time we had a new coach we went from 2-14 to 8-8, so I expect some "new coach bounce". For me, at this point, "new coach bounce" means being competitive without double-digit losses.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:39 AM)Trademark Wrote: week 1 @Seattle - L
week 2 San Francisco - L
week 3 @Buffalo - L
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - L
week 5 Arizona - Loss
week 6 @Balt - L
week 7 Jacksonville - L
week 8 @Rams- London - L
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - L
week 11 @Oakland - L
week 12 Pitt - L.
week 13 @NYJ - L
week 14 Browns - L
week 15 Patriots - L
week 16 @Miami - L
week 17 @Browns - L

Well that isn't any surprise...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
My first pass through the schedule I got 5-11. Given that they usually beat my prediction by a game or two, I will go with 6-10. So that means 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:07 PM)pally Wrote: A whole lot of travelling week to week   No Thursday night game.

week 1 @Seattle
week 2 San Francisco
week 3 @Buffalo
week 4 @ Pitt MNF
week 5 Arizona
week 6 @Balt
week 7 Jacksonville
week 8 @Rams- London
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens
week 11 @Oakland
week 12 Pitt
week 13 NYJ
week 14 @Browns
week 15 Patriots
week 16 @Miami
week 17 Browns

This has to be the worse schedule I have ever seen,the stinkin nfl hates us, all of our home games are in stink winter and nasty ass cold.This is going to be an 8 and 8 season,if lucky.We will NOT win in seattle and we never get a home opener.I mean to go clear to hawks country and you cannot hear in that place and they are impossible to beat at home,just like the stoolers.I hate hate this crooked schedule and we play the brownies twice in four weeks.what a stinkin deal.so ticked off at this crooked nfl
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 08:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are you serious? Maybe because they’ve completely owned us for years? And PBS is basically Heinz Field West. Your definition of “numerous” must be a lot different than mine...

We have lost 8 in a row to them, and are 3-16 since 2010.
They have owned Marvin for years.  And Marvin ain't here no more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: My very early predictions:

week 1 @Seattle - L
week 2 San Francisco - W
week 3 @Buffalo - W
week 4 @ Pitt MNF - L
week 5 Arizona - W
week 6 @Balt - L
week 7 Jacksonville - W
week 8 @Rams- London - L
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens - W
week 11 @Oakland - W
week 12 Pitt - W
week 13 @NYJ -W

week 14 Browns - L
week 15 Patriots -L
week 16 @Miami -W
week 17 @Browns -L

9-7

That 4 game winning streak not gonna happen. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:57 AM)McC Wrote: They have owned Marvin for years.  And Marvin ain't here no more.

And I said in my post I hope Zac turns this rivalry around. Until he does I’ll continue to see these games as L’s.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Go right ahead and underestimate the other lowly team on the field and our lowly team will get its arse kicked.

I hat to rain on your fantasy of 0-16, but you do realize that we won 6 games last year, don't you?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:07 PM)pally Wrote: A whole lot of travelling week to week   No Thursday night game.

week 1 @Seattle (WIN) - Bengals come out inspired to play for new head coach. Seahawks not as good as advertised.
week 2 San Francisco (WIN) - Home opener. Team keeps playing some inspired football. Dalton/Green/Mixon/Eifert dominate. 
week 3 @Buffalo (WIN) - Defense plays well again and Bengals win a close one. 
week 4 @ Pitt MNF (LOSS) - Still prove we can't beat the Steelers who will be better than people think. 
week 5 Arizona (WIN) - Bengals win a close one against Kyler Murray who creates fits for us. 
week 6 @Balt (LOSS) - Ravens offense plays steady, ball-control football. 
week 7 Jacksonville (WIN) - Offense comes back with strong game. Defense plays well too. 
week 8 @Rams- London (LOSS) - McVay has team playing sharp to beat old friend Zac Taylor. 
week 9 bye
week 10 Ravens (WIN) - Rested Bengals get enough offense to eke out a win at home. 
week 11 @Oakland (LOSS) - Bengals first "WTF" loss. Tough to win out west anyway. 
week 12 Pitt (LOSS) - Because Steelers. 
week 13 NYJ (LOSS) - Jets one of the surprise teams in the NFL and this loss is solely because I really need them to win. 
week 14 @Browns (LOSS) - Mayfield and offense toy with the reeling Bengals once again. 
week 15 Patriots (LOSS) - Close game but a tough loss to Brady at home. Bengals play better but still fall short. 
week 16 @Miami (WIN) - Miami is no good and by now have been studying the 2020 draft for a few weeks.
week 17 Browns (LOSS) - Browns play stellar football to stay in fight for AFC North division title with the Steelers.

7-9

You always win a game you should lose and lose a game you should win. 
Reply/Quote