Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally, the wrecking crew takes over a game.
The Bengals DL must have gotten fed up with how things were going. They came out in the 2nd half, and simply took over the ball game.

I don't know, or care if it was the coaches making schematic changes, or just a little meeting between the defensive starters at half time. Whatever it was, it worked, and worked well!

Congrats to the Bengals D today, and special considerations to the Wrecking Crew up front! They literally took over and saved the day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That first half had me thinking they were looking ahead to next week. No offense, bad defense, horrible ST play. Then the second half it DID seem like the D-line stepped up big time! Glad to see MJ make a play, as I have been one of those who have bashed the team for holding onto him. Glad to see a class act guy make a game changing play, as that seemed to be the momentum turner for us. And I'm really digging this 2018 draft class! Hubbard and Bates baby!

Way to gut out a win today boys! Now go and SHUT. PITTSBURGH. DOWN. next week. I don't want to see Scumbag Ben throw for 400+ or Conner go for 100+ all purpose. Its time to flip the script, we need a win vs PIT @ PBS next week. And imagine how getting that monkey off our back could propell the team going forward! WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
MJ is a total class act and goes all out.
hes had a quiet dominant game vs the Fins
Reply/Quote
All throughout the offseason and preseason, all of us were super jacked with the expectations of our front 4 taking over games, and shutting opposing QBs down. Today, they did just that.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's why we have a defensive rotation. The offensive line gets winded and our Dline doesn't. We just are blessed to have 7 or 8 outstanding linemen to rotate.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals DL must have gotten fed up with how things were going.  They came out in the 2nd half, and simply took over the ball game.

I don't know, or care if it was the coaches making schematic changes, or just a little meeting between the defensive starters at half time.  Whatever it was, it worked, and worked well!

Congrats to the Bengals D today, and special considerations to the Wrecking Crew up front!  They literally took over and saved the day.

Geno is really having a great season.

Love Hubbards motor and enthusiasm.

Carlos has a knack - even when he is having a quiet game- to have an impact.

The run defense is the achilles heel stil
Reply/Quote
Yep

The Dline took over the game especially in the 4th qtr. Like you say the wrecking crew we all thought we would have finally come out to play.

Great job Dline !
Reply/Quote
Geno is currently leading the league in sacks!

Reply/Quote
The D gave up 10 points today that is a great job. Clean up the special team stuff bad blocking on kicks and staying in your lanes so you don't leave half the field open for returns. If this Offense and Defense plays good together we can beat anyone.
Reply/Quote
I still believed coming out of the half. I just knew they could do it. These guys don’t know quit. Love this team!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 08:53 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The D gave up 10 points today that is a great job. Clean up the special team stuff bad blocking on kicks and staying in your lanes so you don't leave half the field open for returns. If this Offense and Defense plays good together we can beat anyone.

Special Teams failures is one thing that really puzzles me, with this team.  Over the past decade, this team has typically had great STs, Darrin Simmons is thought to be quite respected around the league.  I wonder what's changed?  I know they've went through a bit of roster turnover lately, but players are players, and the coaching is the same.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals DL must have gotten fed up with how things were going.  They came out in the 2nd half, and simply took over the ball game.

I don't know, or care if it was the coaches making schematic changes, or just a little meeting between the defensive starters at half time.  Whatever it was, it worked, and worked well!

Congrats to the Bengals D today, and special considerations to the Wrecking Crew up front!  They literally took over and saved the day.

It is like something has to piss them off and then...BOOM!  They morph in to axe murderers.  

I am currently photo shopping pictures of Piggy with their wives, girlfriends, and mothers to send to them before the game. 
Reply/Quote
Sam Hubbard was an absolute steal in the 3rd round. He's going to be a starter sooner than later IMO.
Reply/Quote
Not to be a Debbie downer but their entire left side of their line starting with center were backups.
Reply/Quote
Burfict looked a little rusty out there, but he was second in tackles with 4-3 behind Vigil 7-2.

Vigil made some huge plays today. He's leading the team with 41 tackles. Bates is 2nd with 26.

Geno's already got 6 sacks, and Carlos has 4.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
They looked good in the second half today that is for sure. The problem is that they either look awesome or they disappear. And they still are terrible at run defense and third downs are a MAJOR problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:43 AM)Shady Wrote: Burfict looked a little rusty out there, but he was second in tackles with 4-3 behind Vigil 7-2.

Vigil made some huge plays today. He's leading the team with 41 tackles. Bates is 2nd with 26.

Early in the game he was hyped up and overplayed which caused him to whiff on some things.

As he calmed down he did fine.

Glad he had a chance to knock some rust off and the excitement of coming back off in this game.

I expect him to be his old self against Pittsburgh.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:43 AM)Shady Wrote: Burfict looked a little rusty out there, but he was second in tackles with 4-3 behind Vigil 7-2.

Vigil is actually leading the league in solo tackles with 41.  Geno is tied with both Watt brothers for the most sacks on the year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not to be a Debbie downer but their entire left side of their line starting with center were backups.

Yea, while I loved what we did, you could see the major change was when Laremy Tunsil was replaced by that #79. 

He let Johnson blow right past him on a simple inside move that allowed Johnson to not only pressure Tannehll, but also put him in the position he needed to be to catch the deflected pass.

I think he also was a major reason for 1 other sack as well. 

Lawson made him look stupid on a few plays, despite Tannehill being able to avoid Lawson after he beat the tackle.

I'm hoping the build on this second half in terms of pass rush. But the Dolphins line was extraordinarily beat up, so we'll have to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 09:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I still believed coming out of the half. I just knew they could do it. These guys don’t know quit. Love this team!

I did too..... but even with the laptop closed I could hear them calling "game over" in the gameday thread.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote