Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley's "pocket awareness"
(11-26-2019, 11:32 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I don't want to be Frank. You make up too much crap to be frank. Lets not be frank.

When your true meltdown has been exposed, and you can't say anything to deny it.

The board is on to you (if you haven't noticed).

A sad case to see unfolding.

Just eat the crow and move on. Build back up your credibility and maybe folks will take you seriously.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: When your true meltdown has been exposed, and you can't say anything to deny it.

The board is on to you (if you haven't noticed).

A sad case to see unfolding.

Just eat the crow and move on. Build back up your credibility and maybe folks will take you seriously.

Why should I eat crow? You are such a silly goose. Oh Frank don't be so personal.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:54 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Technically the Steelers have more rings so there you go. By your logic we have owned the Ravens lately so we are the best team in the division?

The Ravens have beat us 3 games in a row... 2 of them weren't competitive. They would have won five of the last six had the great Andy Dalton not made a spectacular play on 4th down 2 years ago. They won the Super Bowl in 2012... Lets not worry about what the Steelers did 10 years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:07 PM)jason Wrote: The Ravens have beat us 3 games in a row... 2 of them weren't competitive. They would have won five of the last six had the great Andy Dalton not made a spectacular play on 4th down 2 years ago. They won the Super Bowl in 2012... Lets not worry about what the Steelers did 10 years ago.

The Ravens have owned us the last three games but before that we were 8-2 and literally owned them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Why should I eat crow? 

I would

[Image: nbc-today-show-concert-with-sheryl-crow-bw7jxk.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would

Well go ahead.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's because Marvin WAS holding it back. Just because this group is struggling more, doesn't mean the other wasn't true too. He really should've been fired after 2010, and DEFINITELY after that 2015 fiasco.

Yessir. We made the right decision to move on, I just don't think we got the right guy. Marv's ideas really were outdated, and fresh new ideas could help us. It has to be a good staff though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yessir. We made the right decision to move on, I just don't think we got the right guy. Marv's ideas really were outdated, and fresh new ideas could help us. It has to be a good staff though.

The huge mistake we made was we didn't hire a guy who could be a decent OC and build an offense.

Let's look at this:

IF our HC is a good OC but a bad HC, then we can atleast move the ball on offense and score points. I'd say he could grow into a HC.

But, we have a bad OC and a bad HC. So we have to expect him to get good at being an OC and at the same time become a good HC.

Also, in management they say you should never hire friends and family. This staff is surrounded by that. So who knows if any of them give Taylor legit critique on how he can improve...IF they know.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The huge mistake we made was we didn't hire a guy who could be a decent OC and build an offense.

Let's look at this:

IF our HC is a good OC but a bad HC, then we can atleast move the ball on offense and score points. I'd say he could grow into a HC.

But, we have a bad OC and a bad HC. So we have to expect him to get good at being an OC and at the same time become a good HC.

Also, in management they say you should never hire friends and family. This staff is surrounded by that. So who knows if any of them give Taylor legit critique on how he can improve...IF they know.

It's all just a mess.

If we don't can the entire staff, we absolutely need to bring in some experienced guys with proven success at both coordinator spots.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's all just a mess.

If we don't can the entire staff, we absolutely need to bring in some experienced guys with proven success at both coordinator spots.

People act like Taylor will improve...he needs experienced guys around him to improve. I agree!

That's why Del Rio would have been great.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People act like Taylor will improve...he needs experienced guys around him to improve. I agree!

Yeah the decision to not hire Del Rio looks really bad in hindsight. Well, it did in foresight to many of us.

Heck, maybe we should've just hired him as HC. LOL
Reply/Quote
Nobody wanted to be our DC, but the truth is our offense has bigger issues imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People act like Taylor will improve...he needs experienced guys around him to improve. I agree!

If you tried to be honest would you say losing Glen, Green, Boling and Williams has had a lot to do with the offensive woes?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would

While Billy peels the labels off his bottles of Bud.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If you tried to be honest would you say losing Glen, Green, Boling and Williams has had a lot to do with the offensive woes?

Yes and hiring Turner as your Line coach plus re-signing Hart and bringing in unemployed Jerry.

Those are all terrible.

It's almost comical that Price is such a bust that he can't even start let alone be that franchise Center which was why he was drafted in the first place.

Then Hopkins ends up being the best player on the line... at Center!!

What a heaping pile of crap this offense has had to work with!

[Image: th?id=OIP.1XC_Km6_MmGezZY2WkbqVQHaGp&pid...=177&h=160]

It's not all on Taylor obviously. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nobody wanted to be our DC, but the truth is our offense has bigger issues imo.

I’m pleasantly surprised by what Lou Anarumo has done given his inexperience as defensive coordinator along with the Bengals having very little talent on defense other than a few effective linemen. The Cincinnati defense is still far from good but they are moving slowly in the right direction. During the first half of the season the misdirection plays and the slants over the middle were driving everyone nuts but I haven’t seen those plays succeed as much, especially over the past two weeks.

Please don’t misquote me. I did not say this defense is good. I said it is better.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If you tried to be honest would you say losing Glen, Green, Boling and Williams has had a lot to do with the offensive woes?

I don't think we can count Williams. Given the rest of the draft was an epic bust, and we pretty much skipped a draft,  it's likely we swung and missed with him too. There were a lot of questions as to what position he'll play, and if he could even play OT at this level. I think we need to approach the offseason as if we need 2 starting OT's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think we can count Williams. Given the rest of the draft was an epic bust, and we pretty much skipped a draft,  it's likely we swung and missed with him too. There were a lot of questions as to what position he'll play, and if he could even play OT at this level. I think we need to approach the offseason as if we need 2 starting OT's.

If you take him with your first round pick you expect production right out of the gate. I don't know how the people who make the calls about who we draft could miss so badly with injured players. Bad ,or should I say, lack of scouting?
Reply/Quote
Practically zero production from our last three first round picks.

'17 Ross, there are lots of excuses, but the fact is he has 500 yards in three seasons.
'18 Price.  To me one of the more shocking busts.  I thought that even if he was not a great player he would be a decent starter at OG or OC.  Last year he had not been working out over the off season so I gave him a pass.  He has been the single biggest disappointment to me.
'19 Williams.  I love this pick.  One of my favorite in many years.  I just pray that he won't be another injury riddled bust.

Add in Ogbuehi in '15 and that would hurt any team.  But a team like the Bengals that lives by the draft can not survive that much failure at the very top of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:41 AM)jason Wrote: Technically the Ravens are the best team in the division.

Over the last 9 years?
Reply/Quote