Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley
(11-18-2019, 09:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Guy can end up being the next Matt Ryan, but this team will not help any QB succeed. No O-line leaves you have 0.75 seconds to throw to WR who will drop it.Pass for 4 touchdowns and still lose by 10.

He had a clean pocket on some throws and didn't make good throws too.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kitna revived his career by coming here.

Palmer had success here and after.

Dalton had a lot of success.

I fail to see how any of their careers were killed by being a Bengal.

We had a capable coaching staff then. We now have the worst coaching staff of the past decade.

Basically every player on the roster has gotten worse this year minus maybe 1 or 2 guys.
Reply/Quote
Poor Finley,being thrown to the wolves. I sure hope they don’t draft a quarterback until they get this team built up a bit.Sure, Go ahead and give Dolegala a shot, I think he’s shown enough to be given a chance to see what he can do. He does have a strong arm for sure. Finley seems to have a slow release for an nfl quarterback.Frequently throws behind,or slightly behind receivers.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He had a clean pocket on some throws and didn't make good throws too.

Just not blaming a lack of success 100% on the feet of the QB. Pretty sure he is not the best QB on the roster, but at least I can say I won't write anyone off as being an absolute bum while trying to play QB for this trash heap.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kitna revived his career by coming here.

Palmer had success here and after.

Dalton had a lot of success.

I fail to see how any of their careers were killed by being a Bengal.

Killed is a strong word, but they spent their prime years with a franchise that clearly isn't trying to win.  Honestly, I think when MB dies the concept of an owner not hiring a GM is going to go the way of playing football on a baseball diamond multi-purpose stadium.

Al Davis died and his son hired a GM immediately after, and once MB is dead I can see the NFL leaning on Katie and Troy to actually hire a GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Teddy would be in trouble behind this line.

So a game manager that can win some games like Mariota. He'd be closer to Dalton as a passer then Finley currently is, and can escape the pocket. Allow them to not rush the rookie, or take a trade and get the qb next year. Maybe get something out of him in a comp pick in 2022 if he plays well and signs elsewhere.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They said he was a poor mans Dalton. Yep he sucks as much.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:44 PM)Mer Wrote: This is my thinking as well. Honestly, he looked like the second coming of Chad Pennington to me. The DB's had way too much time to adjust while the ball was in the air. Even on the short "quick" passes when he had his feet set the ball looked like a change-up. 

On a side note, I recently watched the Dillon rookie rushing record game against the Oilers and Boomer looked amazing. You want to see a QB zip a ball, watch some of that game. We need a leader like Boomer again!!

This.

Yes, it's a poor O-Line, inexperienced/new coaching staff, he's a rookie etc...but flat out his arm strength is a liability and that can't be coached up.

The amount of int, near ints, DB hands around the ball in two games is scary.
Reply/Quote
Who knows, maybe Dolegala is the next "catch-lightning-in-a-bottle-with-a-QB-with-a-unique-name" ala Roethelisberger.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Killed is a strong word, but they spent their prime years with a franchise that clearly isn't trying to win.  Honestly, I think when MB dies the concept of an owner not hiring a GM is going to go the way of playing football on a baseball diamond multi-purpose stadium.

Al Davis died and his son hired a GM immediately after, and once MB is dead I can see the NFL leaning on Katie and Troy to actually hire a GM.

How about them raiders! Gruden is a genius. Trading their best Defensive player, then offensive player for draft picks and players... and just like that... they are making mahommes and the chiefs play for the lead and a playoff spot in their division.  oh, if that's not enough, they're above .500

[Image: 5c62ce2943961.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: How about them raiders! Gruden is a genius. Trading their best Defensive player, then offensive player for draft picks and players... and just like that... they are making mahommes and the chiefs play for the lead and a playoff spot in their division.  oh, if that's not enough, they're above .500

[Image: 5c62ce2943961.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

I remember folks calling him an idiot....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I remember folks calling him an idiot....lol.

The guy is making 100 million bucks over 10 years and the team is over the moon about being 6-4...I mean, the bar is low because it's the Raiders but it's still hard to go all-in on that franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Totally disagree on looking at QB's next year. We've gotta fix the fronts on both O and D first. No QB will thrive here, as bad as we are. You can forget Tua. 

That's true.  But finding a franchise QB doesn't come along every year.  If you pick in the top 3 and there are good QB's available you have to take the QB.  Lineman are available every year at all levels of the draft.

I totally agree it all starts in the trenches but get a good QB and you can forget about that position for a decade and then build your team.
Reply/Quote
If you think simply drafting the "flavor of the year" quarterback this spring will fix the Cincinnati Bengals then you're thinking like Mike Brown.  I would much rather build a shutdown defense around Chase Young and Sam Hubbard.
Reply/Quote