Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finley
(11-18-2019, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Argue it if you want, but Ross is considered a top WR, as he was a starter until he got hurt.

Just because some late round picks and college free agents didn't beat him out doesn't make him "tops".

538 yards over 2 1/2 years is so far from tops that he'd need a rocket to find tops.

His one wonder game doesn't change what he is.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why?
If we draft one, then Dalton is the perfect starter for the season so the rookie can sit early and learn.
Then we can trade him before the deadline if need be to a desperate team.

Dalton isn't coming back. He was benched for a 4th round pick. A 4th round pick! Not the future franchise QB. He's the current bridge QB. Yall expect him to be a bridge QB for 2 years? Let the guy go. The fanbase hates him yet won't let him escape. Benching your 9 year franchise QB for a 4th round rookie can't be undone. The fact fans keep mentioning it means the whole situation with his benching was a disaster. The toothpaste can't go back into the tube.

Dalton is done here as a Bengal. If there was a chance he'd be back AJ would still be all in. They both are gone, and it's just time to move on. We'll have to sign a VET unless Finely improves enough to give us a shot at winning some games to start next year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This team is not worth us talking about anymore lol
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 1st round rookie QBs don't sit on the bench.

Hopefully he can sit some if the roster/coaching isn't fixed. Or else we'll be looking for a QB in 2021 after whoever we choose ends up looking like Dalton/Finley under the current circumstances.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If they went this route, what about signing Bridgewater? Give him a true shot to be the future franchise QB. He may be willing to come to Cincinnati given he played at Louisville.

A vet like Bridgewater would work. It should be an "attractive" spot given the chance to start.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we need to build a loaded roster around him and have good coaches?

Let's do that...then if he's not performing...by Year 9 we'll have enough data to bench him!

Well to be fair they need to build the roster and get good coaches regardless who the QB is. 

As I said I don't know enough about him. But based on how it usually goes with QBs, most just don't end up good enough which is probably the case with him, especially with what seems of him having average to below average arm strength for the NFL.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:38 PM)Fullrock Wrote: If anyone can't see Finley simply does not have the arm strength to be a starter in the NFL then I don't know what to tell you. It's painfully obvious.

This is my thinking as well. Honestly, he looked like the second coming of Chad Pennington to me. The DB's had way too much time to adjust while the ball was in the air. Even on the short "quick" passes when he had his feet set the ball looked like a change-up. 

On a side note, I recently watched the Dillon rookie rushing record game against the Oilers and Boomer looked amazing. You want to see a QB zip a ball, watch some of that game. We need a leader like Boomer again!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Please no Cam or Tannehill!

Eli Manning.
Reply/Quote
This is a necessary evaluation period for the staff and Finley. I think Finley will improve with more repetitions and show something by the end of year but not as a starting NFL QB. He is a decent back-up.

Nevertheless, the Bengals will draft a QB in round 1 next draft. I think with the first pick. With Tua's injury, I think it will come down to Herbert, Burrow, or Hurts.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Eli Manning.

Jameis Winston

Panic
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 06:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is a necessary evaluation period for the staff and Finley.  I think Finley will improve with more repetitions and show something by the end of year but not as a starting NFL QB.  He is a decent back-up.  

Nevertheless, the Bengals will draft a QB in round 1 next draft.  I think with the first pick.  With Tua's injury, I think it will come down to Herbert, Burrow, or Hurts.

I watched Finley's press conference, and for him to say he needs to keep getting better when he seems to have gotten worse since last week was just an unfortunate mantra to repeat.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: A vet like Bridgewater would work. It should be an "attractive" spot given the chance to start.
As much as I agree with you and would love it. The fact remains that MB is not going to bring in a face of the franchise that he does not know and is not on the rookie wage scale. That would go against all things comfy cozy to him. The only vet I can see MB go after is Fitzmagic because he knows him.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is the past can not go back to him starting. Finley does not even look like a decent number 2 right now. Dolegala is our only hope at a win this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: A vet like Bridgewater would work. It should be an "attractive" spot given the chance to start.

If I was Teddy Bridgewater I would stay FAR away from this franchise. You are talking about a guy who has had multiple major knee surgeries and now you want him to come play behind one of the worst offensive lines this league has ever seen?! If I were him I would need to see major improvement in this Oline to even think about coming to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
It's apparently clear he doesn't have a NFL qb arm. Why was he drafted and who was responsible for drafting him?
Reply/Quote
A thread named Ryan Finely is needed as the current thread on the same matter only said Finley

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Finley

But to answer your questions:

Because NFL talent evaluators gave him a grade worthy of drafting and Mike Brown is responsible for drafting him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I know the Dolphins offered him their starting job before they dumped guys off their roster. He wants to stay with the Saints and takeover when Brees retires apparently.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 07:07 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: As much as I agree with you and would love it. The fact remains that MB is not going to bring in a face of the franchise that he does not know and is not on the rookie wage scale. That would go against all things comfy cozy to him. The only vet I can see MB go after is Fitzmagic because he knows him.

Pretty much a QB would have to have no options to come here. It literally is a career killer.
Reply/Quote
Guy can end up being the next Matt Ryan, but this team will not help any QB succeed. No O-line leaves you have 0.75 seconds to throw to WR who will drop it.Pass for 4 touchdowns and still lose by 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pretty much a QB would have to have no options to come here. It literally is a career killer.

Kitna revived his career by coming here.

Palmer had success here and after.

Dalton had a lot of success.

I fail to see how any of their careers were killed by being a Bengal.
Reply/Quote