Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
Watched the whole game via Game Pass.

1. The first team was in for the first series which ended up with a Nugent missed FG and a 3 and out for the defense with an almost sack by Atkins, a sack by Atkins, and an almost sack by Dunlap, forcing an incomplete third down pass.

2. McCarron picked up from where he left off last year. Bengals should get a good deal for him after the season.

3. Vigil looked as advertised. I was more impressed with him than Dawson. Vigil should see a lot of snaps, especially the first 3 games.

4.  Cody Core looked good.

5.  Hunt looked no better than last year.

6.  Again, Dawson looked average at best.

7.  Licata looked better than Wenning, who looked weak.

I didn't notice any injuries with the exception of Hill with a possible hand injury.
Reply/Quote
Cut Hunt. Now.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Time to let Hunt go. There's no excuse wasting a roster spot on him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Time to let Hunt go.  There's no excuse wasting a roster spot on him.

The effort was even lackluster.  How many times did you see him just standing around? Pathetic.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Alex Erickson makes the squad
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hunt and Chykie Brown need to be cut immediately. I'd rather have Nick Vigil in the secondary than Brown.
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to actually watch the game. Watched some of the drives on my phone and watched the Bengal highlights (plays that were good for us lol)

Thought the receivers showed some good things. Core, Boyd, Siminise, Erickson, they all showed something.

It's hard to evaluate them with Wenning running the show for most of the game. Will be interested to see what happens the coming weeks.

Ericksons punt return was a thing of beauty, but the punt coverage didn't do themselves any favors. Good for Erickson tho, he gets the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hunt and Chykie Brown need to be cut immediately. I'd rather have Nick Vigil in the secondary than Brown.

Hunt must have been bad!!! Can't wait to read more about it honestly LOL

And Chykie Brown, ya I called that in another thread. That guy is not NFL worthy.

How WAS Vigil BTW? I saw he made some tackles on no gains and short gain plays... good signs?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hunt must have been bad!!! Can't wait to read more about it honestly LOL

And Chykie Brown, ya I called that in another thread. That guy is not NFL worthy.

How WAS Vigil BTW? I saw he made some tackles on no gains and short gain plays... good signs?

Vigil 'should' see lots of snaps, ESPECIALLY if he shines the first 3 games!
Reply/Quote
Geno and Dunlap need to stay healthy. They were all over Bridgewater on the first 3 snaps!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:13 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Watched the whole game via Game Pass.

1. The first team was in for the first series which ended up with a Nugent missed FG and a 3 and out for the defense with an almost sack by Atkins, a sack by Atkins, and an almost sack by Dunlap, forcing an incomplete third down pass.

2. McCarron picked up from where he left off last year. Bengals should get a good deal for him after the season.

3. Vigil looked as advertised. I was more impressed with him than Dawson. Vigil should see a lot of snaps, especially the first 3 games.

4.  Cody Core looked good.

5.  Hunt looked no better than last year.

6.  Again, Dawson looked average at best.

7.  Licata looked better than Wenning, who looked weak.

I didn't notice any injuries with the exception of Hill with a possible hand injury.

I will add that Alex Erickson could of got the game ball, dude has great hands and that return was bat shit crazy.
Not a Tater Hater here but with this guys hands, quickness and decision making he is very expendable and Alford
also shown promise in this aspect. Erickson made big strides tonight.

Simonise made one hell of a catch and run. With his size, speed and ability to go up for the ball, great pick.

Ryan Brown DE Mississippit State 6'6" 275 lbs made a great late game stop and showed try, unlike Hunt.

Hardison looked very good, didn't see anything from Clarke but others did cause i missed the entire 1st quarter.
More good news here as i have been speaking my mind about the lack of DE depth.

Dawson and #45 looked bad out there. Flowers was a rollercoaster, good player though.

Darius Hillary looked alright and #38. Need to put Shaw back at corner i fear cause Chykie be bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: The effort was even lackluster.  How many times did you see him just standing around? Pathetic.

Meanwhile, a guy with 119.5 career sacks (8 last year) is sitting by his phone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Vigil is a player!
Boyd is for real
Cody core has potential
Erickson makes this team, no question.
Will Clarke looked good.
Brown is no Bueno
Hunt.....disgusting

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:57 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Vigil is a player!
Boyd is for real
Cody core has potential
Erickson makes this team, no question.
Will Clarke looked good.
Brown is no Bueno
Hunt.....disgusting

Chykie Brown no bueno, Ryan Brown bueno.
Reply/Quote
We would have destroyed them with our starters.

I don't think we are going to miss Jones/Sanu

We need one of our TE's back obviously

Vigil deserves his fan club. Great vision and a future star

How's about that Erickson kid

Zampese was calling some great stuff/spreading the ball around

It sure is nice having AJ McCarron

We need DB depth help

Hunt, i have said enough. He will need to be replaced, but how/with who

Reply/Quote
Clarke is a bull; unfortunately, we need a rabbit

Ced will disappoint at RT

Vigil will take Rey M's job

Boyd will soon be our #2

Nugent is going to cost us at least one game

We need another CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 12:01 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Hunt, i have said enough. He will need to be replaced, but how/with who

Hardison, Clarke and Mr. Ryan Brown that made that badazz stop at the end of the game.

Ryan Brown should of been drafted people, dude is like Dunlap 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meanwhile, a guy with 119.5 career sacks (8 last year) is sitting by his phone.

Uh, didn't Freeney sign with Atlanta last week?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 12:07 AM)Ravage Wrote: Uh, didn't Freeney sign with Atlanta last week?

Hey, he could still be sitting by his phone. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 12:07 AM)Ravage Wrote: Uh, didn't Freeney sign with Atlanta last week?

Yeah he did. Didn't get it either. Falcons ain't winning shit.
Reply/Quote