WR
TE
CENTER
OG
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First two picks
First of all, I understand that the Bengals do not let their biggest immediate needs dictate their first picks.  But for the sake of this thread that is what I am asking you guys to do.

I also know that a lot of people have high expectations for third tound picks, but most of them don't do much their rookie season.

And, finally, i am not just asking what our two biggest needs are.  It could be possible that you see Center as the biggest need on the team, but feel we could get a good one in the third round.  I know I see a nickle LB as a really big need, but I think we could pick up a niche player like that in the third round.

So I say DT and WR (unless we re-sign Jones)  And we all have to make assumptions about free agency in order to pick our top 2

Vote for two in the poll.
Reply/Quote
Obviously a lot of this depends on free agency. But two of our oldest starters that we need to plan for the future behind would be reggie nelson and peko so i went DT and S. But with our success or lack thereof drafting DTs makes me want to go the outside free agent route. It is one of the least expensive options on the open market. If we lose MJ and Sanu WR screams to the top of the needs list.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 03:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Obviously a lot of this depends on free agency. But two of our oldest starters that we need to plan for the future behind would be reggie nelson and peko so i went DT and S. But with our success or lack thereof drafting DTs makes me want to go the outside free agent route. It is one of the least expensive options on the open market. If we lose MJ and Sanu WR screams to the top of the needs list.

I agree.  The back four on defense will be a concern if Nelson and Jones leave.  Peko is getting up there, so DT should be a priority.  I think MJ is gone, Sanu stays.  I'm not concerned about LB or the OL this year.  Would like to see a solid WR or RB taken in the draft.
Reply/Quote
DT and WR, preferably in that order. LB is a wildcard if someone falls I'd say grab him. Other than that CB, S, and OL are all secondary needs to be addressed after round 2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Went with CB and DT.

The Bengals love their young CBs and they were ready to pull the trigger on Jordan Phiilips last year.
Reply/Quote
I still think it is DT and LB. It totally depends how the board falls though.
Reply/Quote
The big money positions:

CB
DE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We need pass rushers and guys that can cover. Were thin on the line(2.5 sacks outside of the starters), our Lbers are slow and unathletic, and our secondary is old can can't cover man to man anymore.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just based on value, but also needs, CB and WR top of my list, with DE, DT and LB right there too.
Reply/Quote
I went with 2 of the big money positions DE and WR. We need to make sure we get less expensive rookie stud positions locked up contractually for 4 or 5 years.

I chose DE because we have 1 stud DE and need another great pass rusher opposite Dunlap. I chose WR simply because Jones and Sanu contracts are up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm going with DT & LB.

I think LB should be the #1 priority unless we sign a Trevathan in FA. Next, DT needs to be a big target.. We need to find Atkins that partner in crime inside.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
CBs are so expensive to sign in free agency I would not complain about us using a top 2 pick on one.

Plus the NFL is so pass happy that you really need 3 "starting" CBs.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CBs are so expensive to sign in free agency I would not complain about us using a top 2 pick on one.

Plus the NFL is so pass happy that you really need 3 "starting" CBs.

I agree Fred, CB would be a strong possibility as well. I am hoping we lock up Jones and get Dennard back healthy. I was also impressed with Shaw in limited snaps thus why I went DE and WR.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
DT, CB

Put somebody beside Geno and let Peko rotate in to give each of them a break. And with the passing rules changes the last few years — combined with how we use CBs and LBs — we really need three consistent corners who can also be occasional playmakers.
Reply/Quote
Obviously depends on who goes in FA and how the board falls.

But I'm gunning for finishing off the Super Bowl type roster we have by:
  •  Paying what M. Jones, A. Jones and R. Nelson want to keep them on the roster so we don't HAVE to draft their replacement this year
  • Draft a DT that stuff the run and collapses the pocket on passing downs.   Gets our D off the field sooner, creates interior pressure on QBs and gives our current DTs more relief in the rotation.
  • Draft a cover LB who can turn and run with RBs and TEs to make us better getting off the field on third down
  • Draft a center prospect who can challenge Bodine in terms of getting push on running plays and who doesn't get knocked into the backfield.
Everything else would be gravy in the latter rounds:  Pass rushing DE, WR, CB, S
Reply/Quote
DT and LB  Bengals need a run stuffing NT, and an athletic, 3 down LB that can cover.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
DT because Peko is done, and WR because were going to lose Marvin Jones.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
DE and WR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If Jaylon Smith is there, I take him at LB. But that's really the only LB I'd take in the 1st that could be there. I'd go DT and WR. This draft is full of some very good nose tackles. We wouldn't even have to draft a DT in the 1st to wind up with a difference maker.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
DT and LB.
Reply/Quote