Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitz signs with Jets
Surely the Bengals expected this to happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677227/article/jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-get-deal-done
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Surely the Bengals expected this to happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677227/article/jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-get-deal-done

They must have.

Did anyone really think that the Jets would go into a season with Geno Smith as their starting QB?

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They must have.

Did anyone really think that the Jets would go into a season with Geno Smith as their starting QB?

Not me.
Reply/Quote
Don't want to be "that guy" but what does this have to do with the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:25 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Don't want to be "that guy" but what does this have to do with the Bengals?

Have you checked out the Bengal's season schedule?
Reply/Quote
Good for him, always pull for x Bengal players as long as they leave with class.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Have you checked out the Bengal's season schedule?

Briefly, and honestly don't remember it.  But I get it.  I'd rather see Geno but Fitz doesn't scare me at all either 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:41 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Briefly, and honestly don't remember it.  But I get it.  I'd rather see Geno but Fitz doesn't scare me at all either 

Well I wasn't implying that I was scared of him. I started this thread to start the discussion about who the Bengals would face in the first game of the season. If you were aware of the Bengals' schedule maybe you wouldn't look like such an ass.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:51 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Well I wasn't implying that I was scared of him. I started this thread to start the discussion about who the Bengals would face in the first game of the season. If you were aware of the Bengals' schedule maybe you wouldn't look like such an ass.

To be fair, I was wondering the same thing as him.

Teams sign and release players all the time and we don't start a thread for every player that gets signed on every team we play.

I don't think our team is scared of him at all and we'll be anxious to bring him to the ground, get a few hits in, and pick off a pass or two.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To be fair, I was wondering the same thing as him.

Teams sign and release players all the time and we don't start a thread for every player that gets signed on every team we play.

I don't think our team is scared of him at all and we'll be anxious to bring him to the ground, get a few hits in, and pick off a pass or two.

Ok. Fair enough. But you don't think it warrants a discussion about which QB our team faces the first game of the season? If Brady was appealing his suspension and we didn't know if we were facing him or Garofalol (sp?) it wouldn't warrant a discussion? Yes I know Fitz isn't Brady.
Reply/Quote
And their offense just gained the ability to outscore ours.

We're starting the season 0-1.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:09 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Ok. Fair enough. But you don't think it warrants a discussion about which QB our team faces the first game of the season? If Brady was appealing his suspension and we didn't know if we were facing him or Garofalol (sp?) it wouldn't warrant a discussion? Yes I know Fitz isn't Brady.

If it was Brady instead of Garoppolo or Bell instead of Williams or even if their main water boy was going to be there instead of his backup, I might care, but this isn't a big enough deal to put in Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If it was Brady instead of Garoppolo or Bell instead of Williams or even if their main water boy was going to be there instead of his backup, I might care, but this isn't a big enough deal to put in Jungle Noise.

It is plenty big enough to put in JN. First off, Fritz is a former Bengal, so any move by him is JN worthy. Secondly, this impacts our season opener.

If JN has room for a thread about Miami signing Arian Foster, I think we can squeeze this one in. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If it was Brady instead of Garoppolo or Bell instead of Williams or even if their main water boy was going to be there instead of his backup, I might care, but this isn't a big enough deal to put in Jungle Noise.

Okay. Thanks for your input. I expect you will make no more comments in this thread. Next.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Good for him, always pull for x Bengal players as long as they leave with class.

My thoughts as well!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:09 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Ok. Fair enough. But you don't think it warrants a discussion about which QB our team faces the first game of the season? If Brady was appealing his suspension and we didn't know if we were facing him or Garofalol (sp?) it wouldn't warrant a discussion? Yes I know Fitz isn't Brady.

I don't see any problem with having this thread here since it's the first game of the season. I also don't think dude was being an "ass". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Boy, we just can't quit finding things to argue about. "Does this thread belong in JN?"; "Who doesn't know the starting QB against us in our first game?" And on......

And is it necessary with the name calling? Whatever
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: And their offense just gained the ability to outscore ours.

We're starting the season 0-1.

Wait...this game is now a guaranteed loss? Damn, I'm calling my bookie ASAP!

[Image: 1587.gif]

Ninja

(Also, the thread being in JN isn't a big deal, as the Jets are the 1st opponent)
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy, we just can't quit finding things to argue about.  "Does this thread belong in JN?"; "Who doesn't know the starting QB against us in our first game?"  And on......

And is it necessary with the name calling?    Whatever

You're right. Name calling is unnecessary. I apologize.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: You're right. Name calling is unnecessary. I apologize.

No worries bro, we're all Bengal "family" here.  Sometimes I think we forget that.  I blame those POS in Shitsburgh.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote