Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor As Next Bengals Head Coach ?
(12-05-2017, 11:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Id look at hue as a OC maybe if lazor goes...  but no way to you hand him the reigns.

Have to agree. I don't want Hue Jackson as the next head coach of this team. Honestly, I think the best option is to bring in someone who has never been associated with the franchise at all. Like Boomer said the other day, this team needs a 'breath of fresh air'. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone notice that Andy looked like he had more control over the offense in the Pittsburgh game than he has had all year?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: I know he has only been with Bengals since week 3, but maybe that's in his favor.

Ummmm, Lazor was here BEFORE week 3.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No thanks, I will pass..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Horsehockey. There are 32 of these HC jobs IN THE WORLD. The only reason a prospective HC would turn this one down is for a better one. Most teams looking for new coaches need a rebuild. This team is close in talent, what it needs is new coaching. This would be a dream job. You come in an immediately have a top 10 QB (Dalton haters can argue, but I believe he is top 10), a top 2 receiver, All Pro Defensive tackle, a shiny brand new running back who many say was the best all around back in the draft, a stable of 1st rounders in you cornerback position, a tight end who is top 5 (if he can ever stay healthy, but an up and coming replacement on the field now).... a good coach here could be deep in the playoffs within a year....

The bolded is exactly why I think the top coaching candidates would look past the Bengals. You left out how the new coach will have to deal with the worst owner in pro sports, who happens to have a penchant for meddling. The new coach won't have the power they crave. Outdoor practices in December. A weird power structure, where the head scout has been called the de facto GM, but the Owner is also technically the GM, and the entire coaching staff has a say. Speaking of the staff, the new coach will be forced to keep much of the old staff.

I think power and control easily trumps talent level for prospective Head Coaches. These guys think they can win with anybody, and many of them want to build a roster up themselves. The lack of control in Cincy is a big issue, IMO. Who wants to answer to 2 different people, be completely hindered in what you can do, and start your new tenure off with old scraps from a failed system? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: Stop and think before you say no.....Zampese offense in 2016 and start of 2017 was awful.  Bill Lazor since week 3 seems to know what he is doing.  I've heard announcers Jon Gruden and Tony Romo and others very impressed by the improvements and play calling under Lazor. ....Bengals once could have made Bill Walsh the head coach when Paul Brown left but they didn't.....This Lazor at age 45 might just be the guy.  I know he has only been with Bengals since week 3, but maybe that's in his favor.

I definately want to start fresh and i guess Lazor is relatively fresh.

Still want a Head Coach to have his own staff regardless. Don't want us keeping around the Marv stink.

But thats the thing, if anything Lazor has been handcuffed by Marv and once we take the handcuffs off who knows?

Still want Russ Grimm more but if it is Lazor as HC and Hue back to OC with a new staff i would be open minded.

Bottom line, Marv and PA are gone and that is a big time start.
Reply/Quote
I like lazor and don't blame the second halves on him I think that's Marvin. But he doesn't seem to have any personality to him ,we need a discipline argue with the refs kind of guy.
Reply/Quote
It's not a guaranteed recipe for success, but a fiery, more outspoken coach is precisely what this team needs right now. They're sleepwalking and someone needs to come in and wake them the **** up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
People say Lazor is a good offensive coordinator, so let's make him head coach?

*Insert confused, scratching head emoji here*

First off, you'd want to take a guy off of what he has been doing a good job of here in coordinating and put him at head coach, which who knows if he'd be a good head coach, so why would you want that?

He could be worse than Marvin.

Granted that it is more of an offensive league now, but who knows how he'd be with in game management and defensive game plans?

Furthermore, he's a good coordinator, so who knows if the guy that replaces him would be any good with our team?

Fire Marvin, ok, but don't put a guy that's unproven in just because you like what he's doing at another position. No other business would do that and hope to be successful. A company doesn't say "this guy is a great accountant, so let's put him in charge of our marketing department because we're struggling there!"

We need someone that's proven to be a quality head coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 12:25 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I like lazor and don't blame the second halves on him I think that's Marvin. But he doesn't seem to have any personality to him ,we need a discipline argue with the refs kind of guy.

(12-08-2017, 10:08 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's not a guaranteed recipe for success, but a fiery, more outspoken coach is precisely what this team needs right now.  They're sleepwalking and someone needs to come in and wake them the **** up.

(12-08-2017, 12:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People say Lazor is a good offensive coordinator, so let's make him head coach?

*Insert confused, scratching head emoji here*

First off, you'd want to take a guy off of what he has been doing a good job of here in coordinating and put him at head coach, which who knows if he'd be a good head coach, so why would you want that?

He could be worse than Marvin.  

Granted that it is more of an offensive league now, but who knows how he'd be with in game management and defensive game plans?

Furthermore, he's a good coordinator, so who knows if the guy that replaces him would be any good with our team?

Fire Marvin, ok, but don't put a guy that's unproven in just because you like what he's doing at another position.  No other business would do that and hope to be successful.  A company doesn't say "this guy is a great accountant, so let's put him in charge of our marketing department because we're struggling there!"

We need someone that's proven to be a quality head coach.

Sounds like all you guys want Jon Gruden. Jim O says there is like a .01% chance of that happening tho damn it.

To Brad, sometimes you have to give a guy a shot at HC that hasn't been one before, they are not all proven.

Just look at what McVay (spelling?) has done in LA with the Rams.

This team needs someone fresh to come in here and get rid of this Marv stink is all i know.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:24 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd rather not hire a guy whose offense completely disappears in the second half of games.

Geeze, why you have to say this.. now MB will have to look for a new HC. Cool
Reply/Quote