Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco
(10-10-2016, 12:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nooowwwwww that the Flacco is BACK in bmore...

Leads the league in pass attempts and completions.
Averaging a whopping 5.9 per pass attempt.
Averaging 1 td and almost 1 pick per game.
Checks in at 25th in passer rating, behind such luminaries as Mariotta, Tannehill, Kessler, Siemian and Hoyer. 
#2 in top QB salaries.

Discuss?

Mostly play calling. Trestman calls a lot of short pass, a ton behind the line of scrimmage. Matt Forte was able to convert those to huge gains so it should work with Buck Allen and Terrance West, right? This offense doesn't give a lot of opportunities to take advantage of what Flacco is good at, throwing deep. He once had the most passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air, now he has the most passes for under 5 yards or something silly. 

The end result is a ton of completions for no gain or a loss of 1-3 yards. 

Receivers aren't completing big plays. Flacco threw a great game winning TD to Perriman, who beat Josh Norman, only to see Perriman not drag his foot, resulting in an incompletion. Wallace dropped a catch on 4th down. Perriman missed a deep pass earlier too. Norman was out for a huge chunk of the game and Trestman didn't even try to call for big passes. 

It goes beyond the passing game. West had 95 yards on 11 carries, but the run was basically abandoned in the 2nd half, despite the Ravens still having the lead.

I get that smack isn't the right place to actually discuss football so I'm not sure if I expect a real response to this. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mostly play calling. Trestman calls a lot of short pass, a ton behind the line of scrimmage. Matt Forte was able to convert those to huge gains so it should work with Buck Allen and Terrance West, right? This offense doesn't give a lot of opportunities to take advantage of what Flacco is good at, throwing deep. He once had the most passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air, now he has the most passes for under 5 yards or something silly. 

Receivers aren't completing big plays. Flacco threw a great game winning TD to Perriman, who beat Josh Norman, only to see Perriman not drag his foot, resulting in an incompletion. Wallace dropped a catch on 4th down. Perriman missed a deep pass earlier too. Norman was out for a huge chunk of the game and Trestman didn't even try to call for big passes. 

It goes beyond the passing game. West had 95 yards on 11 carries, but the run was basically abandoned in the 2nd half, despite the Ravens still having the lead.

I get that smack isn't the right place to actually discuss football so I'm not sure if I expect a real response to this. 

So..."because no Anquan Boldin" then?

Thats all you had to say. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mostly play calling. Trestman calls a lot of short pass, a ton behind the line of scrimmage. Matt Forte was able to convert those to huge gains so it should work with Buck Allen and Terrance West, right? This offense doesn't give a lot of opportunities to take advantage of what Flacco is good at, throwing deep. He once had the most passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air, now he has the most passes for under 5 yards or something silly. 

Well I guess the play calling will change now.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

So the offensive coordinator utilized plays outside of running a lot in hopes that it opens up play action, and Flacco is struggling to get plays off against the juggernaut defenses of the Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders and Redskins?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 07:49 PM)6andcounting Wrote: So the offensive coordinator utilized plays outside of running a lot in hopes that it opens up play action, and Flacco is struggling to get plays off against the juggernaut defenses of the Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders and Redskins?

He's executing the plays, they're just calling for these 5 yard routes in hopes that the receiver gets something after the catch. I'm not absolving him off all blame, but when someone asks why his average is 5 yards a pass, I'm going to explain the lack of deep passes in a Trestman offense compounded with an injury stricken line. 20% of his completions were for 0 yards or less (Trestman's classic, throw it 3 yards behind the line and just hope the RB can do his best Forte impression).

And when I say abandon the run, I mean only call 5 rushing plays the second half. In the skins game, they had 13 rushes for 74 yards in the first half. They only rushed 6 times in the second half (for 54 yards), one of which was a scramble by Flacco. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 08:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's executing the plays, they're just calling for these 5 yard routes in hopes that the receiver gets something after the catch. I'm not absolving him off all blame, but when someone asks why his average is 5 yards a pass, I'm going to explain the lack of deep passes in a Trestman offense compounded with an injury stricken line. 20% of his completions were for 0 yards or less (Trestman's classic, throw it 3 yards behind the line and just hope the RB can do his best Forte impression).

And when I say abandon the run, I mean only call 5 rushing plays the second half. In the skins game, they had 13 rushes for 74 yards in the first half. They only rushed 6 times in the second half (for 54 yards), one of which was a scramble by Flacco. 
80 passer rating and 1.2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. The only thing he's executing is his team's chance to win.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I get that smack isn't the right place to actually discuss football so I'm not sure if I expect a real response to this. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: 80 passer rating and 1.2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. The only thing he's executing is his team's chance to win.

[Image: zzOhSnap.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Flacco's a coach killer.

It's also funny that my phone wants to autocorrect his name to "flaccid".... Which also works.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Joe 'i just don't have it in me' Flacco, comes up short again. 

Sorry for your luck. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joe 'i just don't have it in me' Flacco, comes up short again. 

Sorry for your luck. 

Terrible pass to wallace there.  May have given the ravens the win.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:30 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Terrible pass to wallace there.  May have given the ravens the win.  

Quick question... If #11 was standing wide open in the end zone...why did Flacoco throw the ball up for grabs to a sea of Giants defenders with...some no-name TE in the middle of them?  Shocked

Reply/Quote
Two weeks in row Harbaugh costs his team by not kicking the FG in 4th down. When that happened, I knew we'd lose because of it

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Two weeks in row Harbaugh costs his team by not kicking the FG in 4th down. When that happened,  I knew we'd lose because of it

Well, that and...Flacoco sucking major turds when he throws the ball. Way over Wallace's head when he was wide open around the 10 and then #11 was standing there all alone in the endzone and Flactoid throws it up in a crowd. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick question... If #11 was standing wide open in the end zone...why did Flacoco throw the ball up for grabs to a sea of Giants defenders with...some no-name TE in the middle of them?  Shocked

[Image: JhgmUSk.png]

Three weeks in a row their team lost on a Flacco incompletion.

This one wasn't on 4th down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, that and...Flacoco sucking major turds when he throws the ball. Way over Wallace's head when he was wide open around the 10 and then #11 was standing there all alone in the endzone and Flactoid throws it up in a crowd. 

Sorry, didn't have time to post my full game thoughts.

The big issue is the fact that we're laving points on the field, and Harbaugh is responsible for a lot of that. If he takes the FG last week, we tie it up at the end. If he takes it this week. We win at the end. 

Flacco is running out of excuses, though. Yea, twice in 3 weeks he executed a lead taking drive with 3 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter, and the defense then gave up a TD in less than a minute both times. It's hard to constantly blame him for not execurting a SECOND drive late in the 4th quarter, but you're right, he has been sucking on that last drives. He has overthrown open receivers often. Do the receivers drop passes, too? Absolutely. Perriman SHOULD have had a TD in that Skins game on the last drive, but something as simple as not dragging his foot overturned it. 

Having 1 player actually starting in the right place on the O line doesn't help, but when Flacco has time, he is still missing on nearly every 3rd throw. 

The defense also can't handle losing Jimmy Smith. Odell had 2 catches for 11 yards and a fumble when Smith was in during the 1st half. He goes out with a concussion during half time. After the half, Odell had 6 catches for 211 yards and 2 TDs. Pathetic. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, didn't have time to post my full game thoughts.

The big issue is the fact that we're laving points on the field, and Harbaugh is responsible for a lot of that. If he takes the FG last week, we tie it up at the end. If he takes it this week. We win at the end. 

Flacco is running out of excuses, though. Yea, twice in 3 weeks he executed a lead taking drive with 3 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter, and the defense then gave up a TD in less than a minute both times. It's hard to constantly blame him for not execurting a SECOND drive late in the 4th quarter, but you're right, he has been sucking on that last drives. He has overthrown open receivers often. Do the receivers drop passes, too? Absolutely. Perriman SHOULD have had a TD in that Skins game on the last drive, but something as simple as not dragging his foot overturned it. 

Having 1 player actually starting in the right place on the O line doesn't help, but when Flacco has time, he is still missing on nearly every 3rd throw. 

The defense also can't handle losing Jimmy Smith. Odell had 2 catches for 11 yards and a fumble when Smith was in during the 1st half. He goes out with a concussion during half time. After the half, Odell had 6 catches for 211 yards and 2 TDs. Pathetic. 

Dude....he had 11 wide open in the endzone.....Ray Charles coulda seen that one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Flacco needs to learn how to audible on obvious blitzing situations.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd be pissed if I was Wallace. Two weeks in a row where Flacco hung him out to dry only to get lit up and the end of the game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
But seriously. Don't you wish you had a QB that could produce this?

Att- 9th
Comp- 6th
Pct- 6th
Yds- 3rd
Ypa- 5th
Rate- 11th

Reply/Quote