Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco
(09-14-2015, 10:43 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Meh, I'd have to watch it again but I don't remember obscene amounts of pressure on Flacco, there was definitely SOME though but that happens in literally every NFL game that is played. Even when Joe had a couple seconds, he just looked uncomfortable yesterday. His receivers and line didn't do him any favors, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible for the QB to look bad himself as well, because he did. It's a common logical fallacy used in JN, if other players screw up then somehow it's okay for Andy to screw up too, or it means that his inaccurate passes weren't inaccurate because a receiver dropped a pass 2 quarters ago.

It's cool to look for the good, but this is the Smack Talk forum so you're really going to hear about the bad, and it's probably going to be a bit exaggerated. Flacco didn't put up the worst QB performance I've seen in my lifetime or anything, but to try and defend this so vehemently is just silly. Every QB in the NFL has bad games, and this was definitely one of Flacco's even if it wasn't absolutely atrocious considering the surrounding circumstances. It's this kind of game that I usually stick with "Yep, Andy wasn't good, rest of the offense sucked, onto week 2", because listing a whole bunch of reasons why everyone else sucks to somehow get the heat off Flacco just isn't going to work and shouldn't with the performance he had yesterday. He will have good games in 2015, but week 1 will never be included in that conversation by anyone being rational.

I could totally understand your point if he was making the best out of what he was dealt and it really WAS everyone else around him blowing up, but he was absolutely part of the offensive meltdown.

The QB pressure by both teams is probably the narrative of the game. We lost Eugene Monroe early to a concussion, and Ware just abused Hurst. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The QB pressure by both teams is probably the narrative of the game. We lost Eugene Monroe early to a concussion, and Ware just abused Hurst. 

It was definitely a defensive oriented game. Both sides came to play on that side and made the offense on the other end look flat out bad for most of the game.

Peyton Manning is my favorite QB of all time. Fun fact, I'm pretty sure I own more Peyton Manning jerseys than I do Bengals combined. With that said, I have no problem saying he didn't play a good game, pressure or not.

I know the Smack Forum is the place to over exaggerate way too much on both sides of each argument, but I think it would be perfectly reasonable to comment on the Ravens' game with "Everyone on the offense sucked around Flacco, but he didn't do them any favors himself when given the opportunity". That's if we want a reasonable outcome though.

Flacco sucks and Andy is the best QB in the AFCN now, suck on that beeeeetches!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not bothered. If you actually watched the game, he wasn't bad. The o line didn't give him time and his receivers couldn't get open. On the pick 6, Talib read the route and cut off his receiver perfectly right when Flacco threw it. He made a lo
Of great plays to avoid sacks the whole game.

The last pick should hAve been a PI and wouldn't have happened if Smith catches the TD earlier that drive. Game ends there.

Two great defenses. Two Super Bowl MVPs held under 200 yards with no TDs. That's why we play teams like Oakland. Makes up for tough losses

So Ravens fans spend all off season defending a #1 preseason Power Ranking by talking about how stacked their roster is, then when Flacco pulls another of his typical disappearing acts, they chuck his entire supporting cast under the bus and cry for the refs to bail them out.
Reply/Quote
Ernie doesnt like it when you guys bash bert
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: So Ravens fans spend all off season defending a #1 preseason Power Ranking by talking about how stacked their roster is, then when Flacco pulls another of his typical disappearing acts, they chuck his entire supporting cast under the bus and cry for the refs to bail them out.

Well the Ravens offense is designed around getting DPI calls ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: So Ravens fans spend all off season defending a #1 preseason Power Ranking by talking about how stacked their roster is, then when Flacco pulls another of his typical disappearing acts, they chuck his entire supporting cast under the bus and cry for the refs to bail them out.

I don't know if I spent an entire offseason defending a power ranking. I remember posting one and saying "not that it means anything".

I just went back and looked. I also mentioned the Ravens top 10 run game when someone said "what run game?", quoted the reasons king gave to someone who asked why he ranked them, and told you that the Ravens have only missed the playoffs once in 8 seasons.

Definitely didn't defend it, but I did, and still do, think they'll make the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if I spent an entire offseason defending a power ranking. I remember posting one and saying "not that it means anything".

I just went back and looked. I also mentioned the Ravens top 10 run game when someone said "what run game?", quoted the reasons king gave to someone who asked why he ranked them, and told you that the Ravens have only missed the playoffs once in 8 seasons.

Definitely didn't defend it, but I did, and still do, think they'll make the playoffs.

Anything short of posting an article about the Raven's being #1 is power rankings solely to make fun of the author for saying something that dumb is defending it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You know quotes help when you spit BS.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if I spent an entire offseason defending a power ranking. I remember posting one and saying "not that it means anything".

Way too early to write any team off, yet, but losing Suggs is a major blow. The Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens were close enough to throw a blanket over last year, and losing a major playmaker like him could be enough to tip the scales. Time will tell, obviously.

As far as thread you're talking about, if you're going to throw up preseason Power Rankings as troll bait, you gotta be prepared to take your lumps when your offense looks that putrid out of the gate.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The QB pressure by both teams is probably the narrative of the game. We lost Eugene Monroe early to a concussion, and Ware just abused Hurst. 

(09-15-2015, 10:00 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You know quotes help when you spit BS.

Ok, tell Pat how much you "hate the injury excuse," then.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ok, tell Pat how much you "hate the injury excuse," then.

What does this have to do with you saying Ravens fans posting here how stacked the roster was??? Where are those quotes??

Injury excuse??? What Bengals fans been spewing since last season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:20 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: What does this have to do with you saying Ravens fans posting here how stacked the roster was??? Where are those quotes??

Injury excuse??? What Bengals fans been spewing since last season.

The thread is literally on the front page, dude. You can roll through it and read it for yourself. I would say Poe was probably guilty of the most egregious acts of blind homerism in that thread, although Pat 's taking the cake in this one.

You can't bash Bengals fans for playing the injury card when the team loses 4 of it's top 6 WR's and top 3 TE's, then give Ravens fans a pass for playing the injury card over one guy. If you're going to "hate the injury excuse," you need to do so for every team, including your own. Otherwise, you're just being a homer.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: The thread is literally on the front page, dude.  You can roll through it and read it for yourself.  I would say Poe was probably guilty of the most egregious acts of blind homerism in that thread, although Pat 's taking the cake in this one.

You can't bash Bengals fans for playing the injury card when the team loses 4 of it's top 6 WR's and top 3 TE's, then give Ravens fans a pass for playing the injury card over one guy.  If you're going to "hate the injury excuse," you need to do so for every team, including your own.  Otherwise, you're just being a homer.

Again....quotes would help your erogenous rambling.

First you said Ravens fans said how stacked the roster was.

Where are those?
Then you claim Ravens fans spent all season defending ONE!! old ass non important preseason poll.

Where are those?
Then you said Ravens FANs were using injury as an EXCUSE
Where are those?
Stating Monroe was out. Was not saying it was the reason for a loss.

And last season Ravens had more players on IR than your beloved Bengals.
But according to you it's okay to use injury as an excuse. So why bring it up?? :snark:
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ok, tell Pat how much you "hate the injury excuse," then.

We were discussing pressure on Flacco, so I was commenting on the fact that the pass rush success by both teams set the narrative for the game. I didn't say we lost because of Monroe or even just because of pressure. I said that a reason why there was so much pressure on Flacco was because Ware abused a back up when the best guy on our line went down early.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We were discussing pressure on Flacco, so I was commenting on the fact that the pass rush success by both teams set the narrative for the game. I didn't say we lost because of Monroe or even just because of pressure. I said that a reason why there was so much pressure on Flacco was because Ware abused a back up when the best guy on our line went down early.

Injuries happen all the time. Stop whining.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Injuries happen all the time. Stop whining.

Hurst is a good back up. He's just not good enough to take on friggin Demarcus Ware

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:52 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Again....quotes would help your erogenous rambling.

First you said Ravens fans said how stacked the roster was.

Where are those?
Then you claim Ravens fans spent all season defending ONE!! old ass non important preseason poll.

Where are those?
Then you said Ravens FANs were using injury as an EXCUSE
Where are those?
Stating Monroe was out. Was not saying it was the reason for a loss.

And last season Ravens had more players on IR than your beloved Bengals.
But according to you it's okay to use injury as an excuse. So why bring it up?? :snark:

You had 4 starters on IR last season. Bengals had more starters out just for their offense last season.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 05:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hurst is a good back up. He's just not good enough to take on friggin Demarcus Ware

The good news is you play a DL who stinks rushing the passer.

Mack, Tuck and Smith got no sacks against the Bengals OL since Hurst should have a good week and Joe should be able to carve up the Raiders just as AD did last week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 05:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You had 4 starters on IR last season. Bengals had more starters out just for their offense last season.

Depth took a big blow. 19 on IR for many games. but that's water under the bridge.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 05:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hurst is a good back up. He's just not good enough to take on friggin Demarcus Ware

Doesn't matter. Bengals were missing their top 4 receivers, RT and Burfict in Indy during the playoffs, but apparently that wasn't a good enough "reason" for them losing.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote