Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flynn Pardoned
As pretty much everyone expected, Trump has pardoned Michael Flynn. The guy admitted to selling out our country twice and was rewarded for not turning on Trump. The judge at one point even asked if the DOJ had considered charging him with treason his actions were so bad.

On the bright side though, he now cannot plead the 5th so any subpoena by congress/FBI to speak on if there was any sort of expectation of a pardon for protection of Trump must be answered. If he were to choose to ignore said subpoena, he would then head right back to jail...so in the end this may not be a bad thing at all. Interesting to note that even Barr in his confirmation said such an arrangement would be criminal, by the president of the United States that is.
Reply/Quote
Trump is tough on crime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: As pretty much everyone expected, Trump has pardoned Michael Flynn. The guy admitted to selling out our country twice and was rewarded for not turning on Trump. The judge at one point even asked if the DOJ had considered charging him with treason his actions were so bad.

On the bright side though, he now cannot plead the 5th so any subpoena by congress/FBI to speak on if there was any sort of expectation of a pardon for protection of Trump must be answered. If he were to choose to ignore said subpoena, he would then head right back to jail...so in the end this may not be a bad thing at all. Interesting to note that even Barr in his confirmation said such an arrangement would be criminal, by the president of the United States that is.

Couldn't they still bring state charges if they wanted?
People suck
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:55 PM)Griever Wrote: Couldn't they still bring state charges if they wanted?

He was pardoned for lying to the FBI so they have no jurisdiction in that case. Even most the things he did you’d be hard pressed to find state charges as they were crimes against the country rather than a state in particular.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 12:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was pardoned for lying to the FBI so they have no jurisdiction in that case. Even most the things he did you’d be hard pressed to find state charges as they were crimes against the country rather than a state in particular.

True

Guess criminals will pardon criminals

no shock here, just shocked it didnt happen sooner
People suck
Reply/Quote
Wonder why thread on this subject got flushed? Hmmm?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:27 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Wonder why thread on this subject got flushed? Hmmm?

We can discuss the event without calling anyone an orange anything.
Reply/Quote
Too true and if I offended I apologize,just as long as it goes for EVERYONE on the board here and in the memes thread also.
Reply/Quote
Finally the swamp draining ensues. MAGA!
Reply/Quote
FBI altered his answers. And it is a crime to have done so. The FBI agent who interviewed Flynn makes up a 302 report and has five days to proof read etc into a final report. Except the proof read was done by two other agents....who altered the report. A violation. When Flynn's attorney requested the report,..the 302...it went missing.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: FBI altered his answers. And it is a crime to have done so. The FBI agent who interviewed Flynn makes up a 302 report and has five days to proof read etc into a final report. Except the proof read was done by two other agents....who altered the report. A violation. When Flynn's attorney requested the report,..the 302...it went missing.

Stop. The man admitted twice he lied to the FBI. He committed perjury as well when he changed his plea, so either way he should be serving time.

In the end, It is not even a debate if he was a unregistered foreign agent, it is beyond a doubt true. He sold out his country. He should have been on trial for treason but we have for so long avoided those things in politics, but this met every facet of treason.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 12:29 AM)Griever Wrote: True

Good to see you posting again
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: FBI altered his answers. And it is a crime to have done so. The FBI agent who interviewed Flynn makes up a 302 report and has five days to proof read etc into a final report. Except the proof read was done by two other agents....who altered the report. A violation. When Flynn's attorney requested the report,..the 302...it went missing.

(11-26-2020, 10:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: Stop. The man admitted twice he lied to the FBI. He committed perjury as well when he changed his plea, so either way he should be serving time.

In the end, It is not even a debate if he was a unregistered foreign agent, it is beyond a doubt true. He sold out his country. He should have been on trial for treason but we have for so long avoided those things in politics, but this met every facet of treason.

There is this; that Flynn admitted to lying. But also the government prosecution team lied to the judge about the facts of the evidence as they were bringing forth their dismissal. Flynn lied, the Trump/Barr DoJ lied to help him get out of it, and it's all a corrupt mess. But, I guess Trump needed to pardon more than one turkey for Thanksgiving.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 12:29 AM)Griever Wrote: True

He has nothing to lose, now. He lost the election, this pardon is blatantly done with corrupt intent. I mean, it's even more explicitly corrupt than what he usually does.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He has nothing to lose, now. He lost the election, this pardon is blatantly done with corrupt intent. I mean, it's even more explicitly corrupt than what he usually does.

But, as his defenders will say, it is "legal".  So no one should complain about it.  Right?

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I.Can't.Wait.
[Image: trump-jail.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Flynn lose his 5th Amendment protections now? If Congress compels him to testify he has to tell the whole truth or else it's back to prison.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: FBI altered his answers.  And it is a crime to have done so.  The FBI agent who interviewed Flynn makes up a 302 report and has five days to proof read etc into a final report.  Except the proof read was done by two other agents....who altered the report.  A violation.  When Flynn's attorney requested the report,..the 302...it went missing.

Don't allegations that the FBI is this blatantly crooked open the door for all sorts of enemies of the country to be exonerated?
Reply/Quote
I would say that every single President has pardoned or commuted the sentence of some criminal that was not popular with the public.

The big difference here is that Flynn was directly involved in cooperating with an investigation of Trumps activities. It just makes it look crooked. I don't think even the Trump supporters can disagree with that.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 12:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Doesn't Flynn lose his 5th Amendment protections now?  If Congress compels him to testify he has to tell the whole truth or else it's back to prison.

Technically yes. Since double jeopardy means he can't be tried or sentenced for a crime he was already tried and sentenced for, he can no longer incriminate himself. Unless they ask a question that would incriminate him on other charges, he'd be compelled to speak the truth.

Of course, given his history of lying, I'm not sure I'd trust anything he said even under oath.
Reply/Quote