Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For a team nobody thought would get out of last place
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Honestly doesn’t sting as much as I thought. Sucks but this team way overachieved this year with this garbage o line.

Fix the o line and we will be back. If the FO doesn’t go hard after what 8+ sacks today and 9 earlier this playoffs then they don’t care about SB’s and we can all find something else to do with our weekends.

I felt 1000 times worse after that 2015 loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:08 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah I guess I don’t know that dolphins team too well. My guess is they had some aging veterans and fell apart. This team is incredibly young and will only get better. Their character and mental toughness is off the charts. They will use this as fuel to improve.

Past super bowl loss hangovers are what they are. Yeah we could be riddled with injury or something. Who knows. But I’ve seen a lot of young similar teams like KC come up short against NE only to come back the next year and make the super bowl/win it.

trust me, i want you to be right.
Reply/Quote
I have no problems with anyone who believes they'll be right back in it next year or the year after that, but for sure there are no guarantees. Stay away from injuries and continue to draft well and get decent vets in a timely manner, free agents or trades and the sky is the limit.  the coaching staff did a great job, but I do believe the FO HAS to pay out the money for a much better offensive line or there's just no hope. 
For strictly backup players the Oline did OK, but they weren't starting caliber. Joe knew it, Frank knew it, Zac knew it..Apparently the only bunch who didn't know it was the front office. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote