Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
For the Whitworth faithful
(10-08-2017, 08:55 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Is it your money????

No shit.  I'm always in wonder about that argument.

Who the hell cares?!? 

It's not like this team is going to rush out and sign a serviceable let alone comparable LT.

The current O-line still stinks for the most part.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:51 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is not in his prime he is a golden boy of the media and PFF. Like the other poster said for the money he makes there is no way I would want him back. I never was a big fan of his tho so even if he was getting paid a decent contract I am still happy he is gone. He gave up a lot of pressures that was over looked in the past.

Well in that stretch our Center was God awful, and Boling was shaky too.

Oh and if you want to throw the ol' "Andy feels false pressure" argument into the picture...  is it all on Whit?
Reply/Quote
Quite honestly this team should have at least kept Z or Whit.

One would have been a valuable asset to this current lineup for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:51 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is not in his prime he is a golden boy of the media and PFF. Like the other poster said for the money he makes there is no way I would want him back. I never was a big fan of his tho so even if he was getting paid a decent contract I am still happy he is gone. He gave up a lot of pressures that was over looked in the past.

this is a silly post.  where can i give neg reps
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm looking for the "We should have drafted Zane Gonzalez" crowd.

This is what I was looking for lol
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:56 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Your not a big fan of a guy who can play all year and not give up a sack??? 
He was not a pro bowler for us every year he played good for us for a few years. Then he started slipping and people claimed how great of a leader he was but he never made the o line carry the team to wins like I have seen other o line leaders here do. Has he had some good years here yes. Am I a fan of his no. I rooted for him while he was here cause his play would effect the outcome of games like every other player here does that gets play time. But I am not a huge fan of all 53 guys I do root for them while they are on the field.
(10-08-2017, 09:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well in that stretch our Center was God awful, and Boling was shaky too.

Oh and if you want to throw the ol' "Andy feels false pressure" argument into the picture...  is it all on Whit?
Whit no longer plays for us I wish him well in Cali like I do any player that leaves the team except when they play against us. I hated Tate when he was here but the guy had a career game against us today wish he could of gave that effort when he was in a Bengals uniform. I was far from happy with Bodine and Boling early this year but they seem to be doing better since Lazor took the OC job lets hope the whole line continues to improve.
(10-08-2017, 09:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: this is a silly post.  where can i give neg reps
I got so much neg rep on the Bengals message board before it was shut down cause I was not a Whit fan but I am ok with that. Go ahead neg rep me cause I don't like a certain player you like. You can neg rep me for liking Adam Jones as well IDGAF.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:55 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Is it your money????

If it was, I wouldn't be posting on here.  Of course, it's easy to play fast and loose in fantasy land with someone else's money.

However, my main concern is the salary cap and not wanting to overpay an aging player who is on the downslide and only going to get worse.  Being honest, there are lots of T's in the league that are better than Og and Fisher.  Hell, Andre Smith has proven to be better, and he's not a $12 million a year player, either.  

I can't fathom why a fanbase who wanted Peko cut for years because he was overpaid, wants MJ cut because he's overpaid, and wants Pac Man cut because he's overpaid would continue to say we should've overpaid to keep Whit.  If he was still playing at an elite level, then you can definitely make a case for us paying him what he got or FT'ing him,but he's backslid to a middle of the pack T not worthy of an elite contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who cares what Whitworth is doing, he's gone and playing in front of 22,000 of his closest friends in the city of Angels......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: Who cares what Whitworth is doing, he's gone and playing in front of 22,000 of his closest friends in the city of Angels......

Wrong la franchise he is playing in the half empty 100,000 seat stadium.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Then you're beyond dumb.

Whitworth is still at the top of his game. Numerous people, EVEN FANS, have stated how well he's done. And why wouldn't you want Whitworth?

No, he's not a golden boy. Where were you when Bengals fans were clamoring that Whitworth was the most underrated OT in the NFL? Or how two years in a row he gave up 0 pressures against the Ravens and Steelers? Or how he has been an All-Pro? Or that he's given up one pressure before this game, and the offense that was once one of the worst in the NFL bolsters Gurley, a guy who had 3.2 YPC and 7 TDs all last year, now has the 2nd most all scrimmage yards and 6 TDs. An offensive line that struggled mightily last year that has now only given up 6 sacks all year?

No, he didn't give up a lot of pressures. Quit being dumb. Whitworth is still one of the best OTs in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Point is, his one mistake cost his team the game.  

Obviously his mistake didn't since they're a dropped TD away from winning.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm looking for the "We should have drafted Zane Gonzalez" crowd.

I get that Zane sucks, but there's not much crow to eat when our guy couldn't even make the cut.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:47 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So is AJ outside of his prime because he fumbled the ball at the wrong time.

No
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'd take him back, but not for what the Rams are paying him.

Have you seen Ced play?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Then you're beyond dumb.

Whitworth is still at the top of his game. Numerous people, EVEN FANS, have stated how well he's done. And why wouldn't you want Whitworth?

No, he's not a golden boy. Where were you when Bengals fans were clamoring that Whitworth was the most underrated OT in the NFL? Or how two years in a row he gave up 0 pressures against the Ravens and Steelers? Or how he has been an All-Pro? Or that he's given up one pressure before this game, and the offense that was once one of the worst in the NFL bolsters Gurley, a guy who had 3.2 YPC and 7 TDs all last year, now has the 2nd most all scrimmage yards and 6 TDs. An offensive line that struggled mightily last year that has now only given up 6 sacks all year?

No, he didn't give up a lot of pressures. Quit being dumb. Whitworth is still one of the best OTs in the NFL.
I am not a Whit fan like some here are not fans of Adam Jones does that make them dumb cause they don't like a player that I like no... We have different opinions on players no need to call people dumb. You quote stats from PFF or others sources I question those stats and the people that keep them. Try to leave personal attacks out of this cause we don't have the same view thanks. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the win.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Point is, his one mistake cost his team the game.  

That’s not much of a point. He had a bad play, a costly one. I’d still take him back in a heartbeat.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Whit has had some failures so far this year i must say....

Looked worse than Og in the first half of his first game as a Ram IMHO
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not a Whit fan like some here are not fans of Adam Jones does that make them dumb cause they don't like a player that I like no... We have different opinions on players no need to call people dumb. You quote stats from PFF or others sources I question those stats and the people that keep them. Try to leave personal attacks out of this cause we don't have the same view thanks. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the win.

Whitworth gave up less sacks than any Left Tackle in the NFL for MANY years.

How can you not be a fan of that?
Reply/Quote

Coming into today Goff had been sacked 4 times this season. Yep, I said 4. Whitworth and the Center have upgraded the Rams line and given Goff a chance to excel. Meanwhile, the guy that made Whitworth expendable (Ole-hi) has been a nuclear dumpster fire.

Seattle has a very good D line. Whit gave up a sack. That said, the Rams had many other chances today, including Gurley's goal line fumble, Zuerlein's shank, etc. It's not like Whit was a turnstile.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not a Whit fan like some here are not fans of Adam Jones does that make them dumb cause they don't like a player that I like no... We have different opinions on players no need to call people dumb. You quote stats from PFF or others sources I question those stats and the people that keep them. Try to leave personal attacks out of this cause we don't have the same view thanks. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the win.

You can not be a fan, but it's unarguable that Whit is one of the better tackles in the league. He's also far better than anyone on the Cincy roster. By all accounts he's also a solid teammate and human being.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote