Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
For the Whitworth faithful
Guy gives up his first sack of the year and only his second pressure and somehow that is worse then the guys we run out there at left tackle....holy hell this thread is not only a huge reach but just silly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whitworth gave up less sacks than any Left Tackle in the NFL for MANY years.

How can you not be a fan of that?

Adam Jones is the main reason we have not been tore apart by number one WR for years. Why was people calling for his head this year over a misdemeanor. Some players people don't like its my choice to like him or not not yours or anyone elses here why cant I have my own opinion on this? I don't think he is a good leader and thought he gave up too many pressures in the last few years. With his age and him coming into a contract year it was time for him to go. I have not been a fan for a few years of his still rooted for him cause he was a Bengal but would rather get new guys so we might have a chance of a true leader emerging and take over in that aspect. Again I can have my own view I don't have to share your views on the issue and your barking up the wrong tree if you think my view will change.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Guy gives up his first sack of the year and only his second pressure and somehow that is worse then the guys we run out there at left tackle....holy hell this thread is not only a huge reach but just silly.

I haven't seen a single person say they think Whit is worse than our current T's, just that he isn't worth the contract the Rams gave him.

I'm also not sure where this one pressure stuff comes from.  There was a thread about the sack fumble he allowed against the Redskins.  He was the 14th ranked LT by PFF, iirc, after that game, and no way he's that low giving up only one pressure unless he is complete garbage in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Adam Jones is the main reason we have not been tore apart by number one WR for years. Why was people calling for his head this year over a misdemeanor. Some players people don't like its my choice to like him or not not yours or anyone elses here why cant I have my own opinion on this? I don't think he is a good leader and thought he gave up too many pressures in the last few years. With his age and him coming into a contract year it was time for him to go. I have not been a fan for a few years of his still rooted for him cause he was a Bengal but would rather get new guys so we might have a chance of a true leader emerging and take over in that aspect. Again I can have my own view I don't have to share your views on the issue and your barking up the wrong tree if you think my view will change.

Alrighty then
Reply/Quote
I thought are pass blocking was alright today.. I'm way less worried about our ability to throw then I am the shocking lack of a run game. Honestly the line wasn't much better WITH Whit and Zeitler last year
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:26 AM)Brimey Wrote: I thought are pass blocking was alright today.. I'm way less worried about our ability to throw then I am the shocking lack of a run game. Honestly the line wasn't much better WITH Whit and Zeitler last year

Cannot argue, Andre Smith definately needs some praise.

Hard for me to ever praise PA though as he is never in the fire.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not that he had "one bad play", but the significance of the result of that play.  Not to mention they are paying him like he's still in his prime.

Well, unfortunately for the Bengals, Andy Dalton, Joe Mixon, Jeremy Hill and all Bengals fans, Ogbuehi is also past his prime which occurred sometime before he was in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:42 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, unfortunately for the Bengals, Andy Dalton, Joe Mixon, Jeremy Hill and all Bengals fans, Ogbuehi is also past his prime which occurred sometime before he was in the NFL.

Honestly, he didn't do anything glaringly bad today that I noticed. MAYBE he starts to put it together.. MAYBE in 20 years at his HOF ceremony he thanks Brimey from jungle noise for not giving up on him all those years ago. Maybe?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:06 AM)Whatever Wrote: I haven't seen a single person say they think Whit is worse than our current T's, just that he isn't worth the contract the Rams gave him.

I'm also not sure where this one pressure stuff comes from.  There was a thread about the sack fumble he allowed against the Redskins.  He was the 14th ranked LT by PFF, iirc, after that game, and no way he's that low giving up only one pressure unless he is complete garbage in the run game.

The one pressure stat came from the people covering the game, I trust their stats and info more than PFF which tends to be more biased then jungle noise after a loss, or a win or any controversial play.

How exactly is Whit not worth the contract?

This team is 2-3. The number 1 reason for the crap start? Not the OC, not even giggles or Dalton or anyone people want to blame. The issues facing this team came from an O-line unit that played (and still plays) really poorly, has no leadership and is not coming together.

Can you put a price one wins? Whit holding down Andy's blindside helps Dalton stay calm, is a leader in the O-line room and maybe, just maybe helps the unit gel faster. 

Not too mention the Rams can pretty much walk away from Whit after 1 year with a minimal cap hit. 

The team screwed up on this move. Can't let a leader and a damn solid player walk away when you don't have someone ready to replace him. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:47 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So is AJ outside of his prime because he fumbled the ball at the wrong time.
Exactly. Pointing out one bad play and saying he isn't good or we should have not signed him is absolutely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The one pressure stat came from the people covering the game, I trust their stats and info more than PFF which tends to be more biased then jungle noise after a loss, or a win or any controversial play.

How exactly is Whit not worth the contract?

This team is 2-3. The number 1 reason for the crap start? Not the OC, not even giggles or Dalton or anyone people want to blame. The issues facing this team came from an O-line unit that played (and still plays) really poorly, has no leadership and is not coming together.

Can you put a price one wins? Whit holding down Andy's blindside helps Dalton stay calm, is a leader in the O-line room and maybe, just maybe helps the unit gel faster. 

Not too mention the Rams can pretty much walk away from Whit after 1 year with a minimal cap hit. 

The team screwed up on this move. Can't let a leader and a damn solid player walk away when you don't have someone ready to replace him. 

I don't take PFF as the gospel, but they have been one of Whit's biggest supporters and they have noted a big downturn in his play.  And honestly, OL stats are 100% subjective.  I simply find the one pressure argument misleading when I know we've discussed another sack fumble he's given up on these boards already.

I completely disagree with your OL vs OC argument.  We averaged 4.5 points/game the first two games with Zampese vs 25 a game with Lazor.  That's why they started slow.  You can't really argue it's the OL when the OC has made a 20.5 point difference.  Our OL is still a weakness, but they are good enough to win with the other pieces we have.

His cap hit is not minimal if cut.  It's more than half the teams in the league's total dead money for 2017, 1/4 if prorated over two years.  Posters have tried to spin it as minimal, but it is still a large number looking at total dead money for teams.

The Ravens beat us 20-0.  Having Whit doesn't change that outcome.  We didn't score a TD against Houston, so I highly doubt he makes a difference there.  We beat GB if the D holds against the 3 minute drill.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see someone try to argue that Whit wouldn't have made this team better. It's not even worth the thought process.

We can highlight a bad play all we want but it comes across like sour grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone see that he gave up the likely game sealing strip sack fumble?

meh id still rather have him out there at LT then what were currently throwing out there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:09 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Coming into today Goff had been sacked 4 times this season.  Yep, I said 4.  Whitworth and the Center have upgraded the Rams line and given Goff a chance to excel.  Meanwhile, the guy that made Whitworth expendable (Ole-hi) has been a nuclear dumpster fire.

Seattle has a very good D line.  Whit gave up a sack.  That said, the Rams had many other chances today, including Gurley's goal line fumble, Zuerlein's shank, etc.  It's not like Whit was a turnstile.

Do you have a picture of that?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What did you guys do with the money you saved when we didn't sign Whitworth? I got this swell invisible Rolex!
Reply/Quote
He may be past his time but still better than what we have.

Would take him back in a second to fill in until we find a good replacement.

But if we would have just drafted someone to help it would be much easier to except.

Was in the Cam Robinson crowd personally and could have traded up for him after he fell.

Not sure how he is doing but know he started well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yesterday several people were hollering to bench AJ.. Yeah...great idea. Bench the best receiver on the team and wish in one hand we had Witt back while the other hand is holding the remains of a bowel movement. 
Personally I don't care what Witt does or doesn't do anymore. He doesn't play for us and isn't even in our division or even conference. They weren't willing to pay a kings ransom so it's old news.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:51 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is not in his prime he is a golden boy of the media and PFF. Like the other poster said for the money he makes there is no way I would want him back. I never was a big fan of his tho so even if he was getting paid a decent contract I am still happy he is gone. He gave up a lot of pressures that was over looked in the past.

I always wondered why you picked BengalsBong as a screen name and then this post removed all doubt.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Point is, his one mistake cost his team the game.  

That's less than the number of times Ogbuehi has been benched this season.

As to Whit's contract, he is paid as a top 10 tackle and he still plays like he is. Last week NFL.com listed him as one of the best off season acquisitions and part of the reasons the Rams went from last to first in scoring offense.

And Kupp should have caught that ball that hit him in the hands in the end zone. IMO, the refs missed a pass interference call on the last play. Both defenders made contact with Kupp early, but the Seahawks' secondary gets those non-calls every week.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wrong la franchise he is playing in the half empty 100,000 seat stadium.

same difference, playing to a lot of seat back and seats with no buts in them

I hope he gets stuck in rush hour traffic twice a day!!!   Lalala
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote