Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
For the very first time ever
I'll be rooting for the Steelers this weekend.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope

5-11-1 sounds perfect for them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Never.

I'll root for the Ravens to lose but never for the Steelers to win.

Normally, I'd say that we don't want the Steelers to win while they're mathematically still in the hunt but they're not going anywhere.

Ben could die of old age before the season ends.
Reply/Quote
The game should be easy for the Ravens in theory, but with how they’ve been playing lately it may end up being close. I’m hoping both QBs just continue to look miserable.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope

5-11-1 sounds perfect for them.

Sounds like a good way to hand them a franchise QB.

Go Steelers. I don’t give a crap about their terrible team. But I do give a crap about winning the division.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:38 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Sounds like a good way to hand them a franchise QB.

Go Steelers. I don’t give a crap about their terrible team. But I do give a crap about winning the division.

This is me. I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:38 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Sounds like a good way to hand them a franchise QB.

There are no franchise QBs in the 2022 draft. It is widely regarded as a terrible draft for QBs. Sounds like a good way to have them waste a high pick on Daniel Jones 2.0 and be in squalor for a good couple years before the figure out he's not the answer and have to start over again.

Winning the division will come if the Bengals simply win. They don't need any help from other teams. The Bengals are 1 game behind the Ravens, they still play the Ravens 1 time. They already beat the Ravens prior. Tiebreakers would all belong to the Bengals. If you're cheering for the Steelers this weekend, it's because you want to cheer for the Steelers, not because the Bengals need help.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There are no franchise QBs in the 2022 draft. It is widely regarded as a terrible draft for QBs. Sounds like a good way to have them waste a high pick on Daniel Jones 2.0 and be in squalor for a good couple years before the figure out he's not the answer and have to start over again.

Winning the division will come if the Bengals simply win. They don't need any help from other teams. The Bengals are 1 game behind the Ravens, they still play the Ravens 1 time. They already beat the Ravens prior. Tiebreakers would all belong to the Bengals. If you're cheering for the Steelers this weekend, it's because you want to cheer for the Steelers, not because the Bengals need help.

That’s silly. It’s *easier* to win the division if the Bengals don’t have to win every single game.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 7G2n.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:59 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: That’s silly. It’s *easier* to win the division if the Bengals don’t have to win every single game.

So you're going to preemptively cheer for the Steelers while expecting a Bengals loss? That seems like a bold strategy for someone in Jungle Noise.

If this was week 17-18 and the Bengals didn't control their own destiny, sure... But cheering for the Steelers in Week 13 while the Bengals still fully control their own destiny and don't need any help? That's pretty gross.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So you're going to preemptively cheer for the Steelers while expecting a Bengals loss? That seems like a bold strategy for someone in Jungle Noise.

If this was week 17-18 and the Bengals didn't control their own destiny, sure... But cheering for the Steelers in Week 13 while the Bengals still fully control their own destiny and don't need any help? That's pretty gross.

Uh. Yes.

I don’t expect the Bengals to finish 13-4. If they do then that’s absolutely wonderful. That goes without saying.

They play a lot of good teams. If they drop one or two, they need the Ravens to do the same. That’s not “gross” unless the Steelers live rent free in your head. I don’t give a single shit how many games that team wins if the Bengals take the division.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There are no franchise QBs in the 2022 draft. It is widely regarded as a terrible draft for QBs. Sounds like a good way to have them waste a high pick on Daniel Jones 2.0 and be in squalor for a good couple years before the figure out he's not the answer and have to start over again.

You have 0 idea if there's a franchise QB in the draft, but we all know, the earlier you pick, the better your chances of getting one.

I'm cheering for the Steelers because I like the Bengals more than I dislike the Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:11 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Uh. Yes.

I don’t expect the Bengals to finish 13-4. If they do then that’s absolutely wonderful. That goes without saying.

They play a lot of good teams. If they drop one or two, they need the Ravens to do the same. That’s not “gross” unless the Steelers live rent free in your head. I don’t give a single shit how many games that team wins if the Bengals take the division.

This.Joe Mixon has rushed 58 times in the last 2 weeks, It'd be nice to be able to take the foot off the gas toward the end of the season and let some of our studs get some rest, This is the 1st 17 game regular season in NFL history. Whatever it take to have the Bengals lock up the division as early as possible; I'm all for. 

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to be pissed if the stoolers take one from ratbirds. 

Reply/Quote
Steelers win 24-20.Ravens aren’t playing all that well lately.Steelers are desperate for a win,and they’re playing at home.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You have 0 idea if there's a franchise QB in the draft, but we all know, the earlier you pick, the better your chances of getting one.

I'm cheering for the Steelers because I like the Bengals more than I dislike the Steelers.

I've seen that the Steelers are putting in alot of work on Sam Howell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I just can’t bring myself to cheer for those pukes. Hows about a tie with both QBs continuing to struggle? Paired with a Bengals win of course!
Reply/Quote
I just root for an asteroid.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm cheering for the Steelers because I like the Bengals more than I dislike the Steelers.

That is why I usually care more about the Bengals games than the Steelers games to begin with. 

Regarding this game though, I get why it's the sensible thing to root for a Steelers win, but I still will not do it. Season's still too long, and the last thing I want to see is the Steelers starting some kind of winning streak, boosted by a "statement victory" against the Ravens. 
I only start rooting for them in such games when they are mathematically eliminated from the playoff race. Before that, no.
Reply/Quote
Maybe a tie? Ultimately I want what's best for us, which is to beat the Chargers and for Baltimore to lose. This division race is so close, and we've swept Pittsburgh already. Just root for Baltimore to lose, and swallow that nasty pill of the Steelers winning that way lol
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote