Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
Just win tomorrow, the coin toss will mean nothing. Then repeat last season's playoff run.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

Will you still have this mindset if Burrow shreds his knee in this Balt game? Could have rested.

Will you still think we didn’t get screwed if KC loses today? We had a very real chance for the #1 seed.

You can talk yourself out of it all you want but the fact still remains, the Bengals got screwed. Same with a couple other teams who should not have even been effected by this if the NFL just followed their own damn rule.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Will you still have this mindset if Burrow shreds his knee in this Balt game? Could have rested.

Will you still think we didn’t get screwed if KC loses today? We had a very real chance for the #1 seed.

You can talk yourself out of it all you want but the fact still remains, the Bengals got screwed. Same with a couple other teams who should not have even been effected by this if the NFL just followed their own damn rule.

Check later posts.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 06:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Will you still have this mindset if Burrow shreds his knee in this Balt game? Could have rested.

What if Burrow throws 5 TDs, Mixon scores another 3 and Zac pulls them out halftime? 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:25 AM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals had one less home game than the Ravens. The Ravens had 8 home games. The Bengals only 7. That is a competitive advantage to the Ravens.

Buffalo avoided their biggest away challenge: a game against the Bengals. Competitive advantage to Buffalo.

Yes, the Bengals clearly got hosed.

Yeah, usually love everything Rfaulk posts but the OP is not genuine or honest. We win the Division because of a canceled game and 
don't get Home field advantage over our Divisional rivals?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, usually love everything Rfaulk posts but the OP is not genuine or honest. We win the Division because of a canceled game and 
don't get Home field advantage over our Divisional rivals?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was genuine and honest. I was pointing out that others got screwed as well. Where i was wrong was in saying the Bengals didn't get hosed. I corrected that in later posts. 

The Bengals will have HFA in the WC round after they beat the Ravens tomorrow, no coin toss will be necessary. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was genuine and honest. I was pointing out that others got screwed as well. Where i was wrong was in saying the Bengals didn't get hosed. I corrected that in later posts. 

The Bengals will have HFA in the WC round after they beat the Ravens tomorrow, no coin toss will be necessary. 

Okay, still flamin' here Rfaulk. Didn't like the OP man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, still flamin' here Rfaulk. Didn't like the OP man. Mellow

Nate, ya damn flamer!!! err, i mean...   Tongue

Reply/Quote
I haven't read the posts in this thread, but all the calls of the Bengals being classy for how the Bills game was called...the flipside of that is you live with the consequences of the sacrifice. With uneven amount of games, something had to give. That's what a sacrifice is.

The Bengals need to beat the Ravens without Lamar.
Reply/Quote
Can't start a thread yet but figured you guys would be interested in this. Basically explains how yall got royaly f***ed!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=16720436&postcount=5642
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n121dpbs2uu54opq7k...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:26 AM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: Can't start a thread yet but figured you guys would be interested in this. Basically explains how yall got royaly f***ed!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=16720436&postcount=5642

Thanks CP1

Florio is reporting

1) the Bengals were told the game was resuming in 10 minutes
2) McDermott said his team couldn’t continue even if it meant forfeiting
3) the Bengals assumed the game would be resumed Tues and were confused when the Bills left town. They were sensitive to the Hamlin situation but also understood the importance of this game
4)no heads up on the cancellation of the game they heard it when we did
5) likely a different decision if Bengals had known what the NFL would do (Florio editorializing here….Zac still would have done they right thing on Monday)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:43 AM)pally Wrote: Thanks CP1

Florio is reporting

3) the Bengals assumed the game would be resumed Tues and were confused when the Bills left town.  They were sensitive to the Hamlin situation but also understood the importance of this game
5) likely a different decision if Bengals had known what the NFL would do (Florio editorializing here….Zac still would have done they right thing on Monday)

I'm by no means a fan of your team, but I do respect them. You guys got absolutely bent over and rear ended by the league, who are trying to do everything they can to make it easy on the Bills. If you guys meet them in the playoffs I hope you put a 50 burger on them.
Reply/Quote

Florio is reporting

3) the Bengals assumed the game would be resumed Tues and were confused when the Bills left town.  They were sensitive to the Hamlin situation but also understood the importance of this game

Hmm...seems totally different than the narrative at the start of the week.

It's kind of a bad look.

Honestly, just beat Baltimore without Lamar.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:50 AM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: I'm by no means a fan of your team, but I do respect them. You guys got absolutely bent over and rear ended by the league, who are trying to do everything they can to make it easy on the Bills. If you guys meet them in the playoffs I hope you put a 50 burger on them.

How would you have handled it?

Pretty much any scenario other than playing that game and someone gains an advantage.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How would you have handled it?

Pretty much any scenario other than playing that game and someone gains an advantage.

Forfeiting, taking the L and not affecting other teams. Pretty simple.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:56 AM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: Forfeiting, taking the L and not affecting other teams. Pretty simple.

So the Bills take a forfeit?

Interestingly, when the Hamlin injury happened the board was all like Football is secondary. He almost died. Etc. The game doesn't matter.

Now that the chips have fallen, it's a different story.

Interestingly, I think a game hosted in Baltimore would give the Ravens the gate revenue. And neutral field games probably mean less revenue for the Bengals in concessions, etc. With Burrows extension looming, thar likely is huge.
Reply/Quote

Florio is reporting

Many people said the Bengals also did not want to play but that's a false narrative. Burrow said some players not the whole team still thinking about whether to play. And Burrow wanted to play. Many players wanted to play. Zac did not say anything about it so why is there assumption they did not want to play. Burrow said to do whatever the Bills want is a nice offer when Hamlin's status was still unknown. The Bills should understand that offer as to agree to play on that Wednesday or do something about it, not leaving the Bengals the raw deal.
The awful thing is they only knew the whole deal at the same time as us when the NFL published it. They're now being shunned as many people tell them to just move on. 
Reply/Quote
The solution is simple. Bills rest their starters.

Whatta ya say Bills?

I won't be holding my breath. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:50 AM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: I'm by no means a fan of your team, but I do respect them. You guys got absolutely bent over and rear ended by the league, who are trying to do everything they can to make it easy on the Bills. If you guys meet them in the playoffs I hope you put a 50 burger on them.

Same here CP#1forum.  Bills can't get carried by the league to the SB.  Need Big Bill to take them down tomorrow!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So the Bills take a forfeit?

Interestingly, when the Hamlin injury happened the board was all like Football is secondary. He almost died. Etc. The game doesn't matter.

Now that the chips have fallen, it's a different story.

Interestingly, I think a game hosted in Baltimore would give the Ravens the gate revenue. And neutral field games probably mean less revenue for the Bengals in concessions, etc. With Burrows extension looming, thar likely is huge.

I'm not talking that night. They could have forfeited at any point after the fact. They didn't. It had to be cancelled instead. That should tell you all you need to know about their character. 
Reply/Quote