Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For those who wanted Bud Dupree over Ced
(08-18-2015, 11:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was wanting Malcom Brown : /

Same here, but if Cedric was healthy he could of been a top 5 pick so i don't dislike the pick.

BTW, there were lots of guys who were down on Dupree prior to the draft. He is small for an End, especially
in a 4-3. He made some splash plays but he would just disappear at times as well. He might make a few plays
down the road but i don't think he will be a consistent playmaker for the Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
hahahahaha I laughed at this, are we really writing off a rookie this early? REALLY?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:40 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I do believe there's a difference though.

We took a project pick for a future need.

They took a project pick for an immediate need.

You'd think the Steelers would have taken a more NFL ready pick with their higher draft choices with that defense being as bad as it looks right now.

And if we had taken him, it would've been this too as well.

I'm in the boat where you really shouldn't be taking projects at all in the 1st, especially if you're counting on them to produce now (which they probably are with Worlids gone) but in the 20s, where the number of polished players are at minimum, I don't blame them too much just because Bud is just a crazy athlete, like really, crazy athletic with actual room to grow. (Unlike a certain project edge player we know).
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 03:46 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And if we had taken him, it would've been this too as well.

I'm in the boat where you really shouldn't be taking projects at all in the 1st, especially if you're counting on them to produce now (which they probably are with Worlids gone) but in the 20s, where the number of polished players are at minimum, I don't blame them too much just because Bud is just a crazy athlete, like really, crazy athletic with actual room to grow. (Unlike a certain project edge player we know).

Eh. If we took him and had MJ back too, he wouldn't be an immediate need guy. 

It's funny because people on Twitter who were obsessed with his combine and athleticism were hyping up plays where TJ Clemmings shut him the hell down. 
Dupree ran himself out of plays or was generally ineffective. Just like he did in college when he couldn't just "out athlete" everyone.
I didn't see all of it, but I'm yet to see him translate that god-given ability into an actual football move. That should be somewhat alarming. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 03:21 PM)Element Wrote: hahahahaha I laughed at this, are we really writing off a rookie this early? REALLY?

This is exactly why I DO NOT get involved in selecting the 75 Man Roster and 53 Man Roster.   you just never know where a Rookie will end up.   We (fans and arm chair coaches) just don't know what is going on and what conversations are being held behind the hallowed walls of the GM's and Coaches office.  
Reply/Quote
WAAAAAAAY too early for this kind of stuff.

I didn't want him at all, but it's not even the 3rd preseason game. Geez, cut the guy some slack.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 04:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: WAAAAAAAY too early for this kind of stuff.

I didn't want him at all, but it's not even the 3rd preseason game.  Geez, cut the guy some slack.

He isn't a 4-3 end either.  Who cares.  
Reply/Quote
Too early to tell but they have had a rough go on high pick LBs as of late.

Jones and Shazier both struggled on the field and to stay on the field the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
Too early to tell right now. Also, I didn't want him and I didn't want Ced. Oh well, go Ced.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 05:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Too early to tell right now. Also, I didn't want him and I didn't want Ced. Oh well, go Ced.

I'm right there with ya. 
Reply/Quote
I wanted him. That said I also trust the coaches mostly -- well OK, I felt like Ced was a bit of a reach. Like others have said it is too early to tell how Bud will turn out.

I also wanted Malcolm Brown (and would've been happy with Landon Collins or Shane Ray). I guess we have a glut at DT now, but Ced still felt like a reach.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still butthurt we didn't take Malcolm Brown or Shane Ray. Either one of those could have been contributors on the defense fairly soon. I wasn't big on Ced even if he wasn't injured, but less so on a guy who may never suit up. And who most likely would have been there in round 2.

On a side note, I knew Brown went to the Pats but I couldn't remember where Ray went. So I googled him. On Wikipedia:

Quote:Shane's father, Iron Man, known as Tony Stark, lettered at Missouri from 1978-1980, and was a fifth round draft pick in the 1981 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. However he chose to save the universe and never tell anyone he was Shane's father. In an interview with Bleacher Report, Shane states that he and his mother were "trying to make it off food stamps."[13] He then goes on to state that his mother "did it all by herself."[14] Some individuals have expressed the opinion that these statements may be contradictory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Ray

LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 03:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eh. If we took him and had MJ back too, he wouldn't be an immediate need guy. 

It's funny because people on Twitter who were obsessed with his combine and athleticism were hyping up plays where TJ Clemmings shut him the hell down. 
Dupree ran himself out of plays or was generally ineffective. Just like he did in college when he couldn't just "out athlete" everyone.
I didn't see all of it, but I'm yet to see him translate that god-given ability into an actual football move. That should be somewhat alarming. 

I think a player "like" him can be implemented immediately in our sub-packages as a situational rusher, but I think that's all he can possibly do and be effective right now. I wouldn't want him setting an edge anytime soon.

I put stock into metrics if they are off the charts like his, but it's easy to mistake him as a football player when he really could be just a great athlete and nothing more. His tape pretty much displayed all his red flags when if he couldn't just run around or through a dude, he's toast. Then it's just a matter if he's coach-able, because I believe a player of his caliber can become effective.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 05:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Too early to tell right now. Also, I didn't want him and I didn't want Ced. Oh well, go Ced.

(08-18-2015, 05:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm right there with ya. 

me three
Reply/Quote
I wanted the Bengals to take Dupree, but what really irked me was that Pittsburgh got him. I suspect, given time to figure out the new system, he will be a thorn in the Bengals side twice a year for the next 7 or 8 years.....
Reply/Quote
Fun Dupree update: "Bud Dupree just got in to some other kinda scuffle. So Mike Tomlin walks up and shoves him: "Get the @#&* outta here... Get him outta here."
Reply/Quote
Meh. Steelers drafted a quick guy with poor hands. Bengals drafted a quick guy with poor hands.

Didn't like either guy that much. But go Ced.
Reply/Quote
Let me get this straight, dont we agree it was annoying when people were writing Dre Kirk off in his rookie year? And we are already writing off this guy after two PRESEASON games? Alright.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fun Dupree update: "Bud Dupree just got in to some other kinda scuffle. So Mike Tomlin walks up and shoves him: "Get the @#&* outta here... Get him outta here."

Just heard on Pittsburgh sports radio about Dupree's situation yesterday.

Apparently he got into a scuffle with Beachum(?) And Harrison and Hayward had to hold him back. Then like 2 plays later he got into it with someone else and Tomlin kicked him out of practice lol

Not writing Dupree off or anything, but it's just nice to see this kind of stuff happening with our division rivals and not us.

But, I'm sure this would be considered "fiery leadership!!!!" by some of the knobs on here if it was happening to one of our rookies.
Reply/Quote
Not trying to start a fight but when is the last time a highly drafted kid out of UK performed up to his NFL billing?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote