Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For those who wanted Bud Dupree over Ced
(08-23-2015, 12:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This was my pick as well. Didn't have much interest in Dupree. A solid NT type would add some youth to the interior. Devon Still simply not on my list of guys I want to make the team.

I also wanted Brown until he proclaimed himself "the greatest draft pick in Patriots history." Seriously, he said that. I think that attitude probably caused him to interview poorly, as it doesn't really come off as a team player, hence the Bengals passing on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Dupree just got 2 sacks in a row so he's awesome again, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Dupree just got 2 sacks in a row so he's awesome again, right?

One of them unblocked on a rollout and Brett Hundley proves that he's a complete idiot, the other was a sack by the DB that Dupree just happened to fall on.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 04:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of them unblocked on a rollout and Brett Hundley proves that he's a complete idiot, the other was a sack by the DB that Dupree just happened to fall on.

Technically he only had 1 sack. The Hundley one. He also had a sack called back because of an offsides penalty on the defensive tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 05:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Technically he only had 1 sack. The Hundley one. He also had a sack called back because of an offsides penalty on the defensive tackle.

Indeed. That's why I left it out Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:17 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: I was one of the people a little bit upset about the Bengals passing on Bud Dupree and letting him fall to Steelers.
Though I am happy with the pick of Ced if he heals up. Kid would have been in the top 10 possibly top 5.

any how this little tid bit about Bud Dupree is coming out

Bud Dupree struggling to adjust to NFL

The Steelers drafted Kentucky pass-rusher Bud Dupree in the first round of this year's draft in hopes the All-SEC performer could upgrade their porous defense as early as 2015. That's not happening anytime soon based on his struggles in training camp and through two preseason games. ESPN NFL Insider Louis Riddick thinks Dupree's performance thus far is a "real concern."

You can listen here
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13457137

or read about it here
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/14762/bud-dupree-not-a-real-concern-for-steelers-but-he-needs-to-show-more-explosion-vs-packers

Dupree was always a better athlete than football player. Insane measurables. Production that doesn't match the measurables. I would've rather drafted Z'Darius Smith in the late rounds than Dupree in the first round. The Steelers FO is slipping lately on edge rushers. Jarvis Jones isn't much either.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 05:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Technically he only had 1 sack. The Hundley one. He also had a sack called back because of an offsides penalty on the defensive tackle.

And that one sack that didn't count was a bad play by the RT. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 01:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: I also wanted Brown until he proclaimed himself "the greatest draft pick in Patriots history."  Seriously, he said that.  I think that attitude probably caused him to interview poorly, as it doesn't really come off as a team player, hence the Bengals passing on him.

Didn't know that. If that's his attitude Belichick is one guy who will put him in his place. Marv, not so much.

Reply/Quote
For as bad as Bud may be looking he is still looking better than Ced because even playing poorly is better than not at all.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: For as bad as Bud may be looking he is still looking better than Ced because even playing poorly is better than not at all.

Healing then coming in and being a really good OT is better than a marginal DE playing poorly.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: For as bad as Bud may be looking he is still looking better than Ced because even playing poorly is better than not at all.

That's really not true at all. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:18 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Dupree was always a better athlete than football player.  Insane measurables.  Production that doesn't match the measurables.  I would've rather drafted Z'Darius Smith in the late rounds than Dupree in the first round.  The Steelers FO is slipping lately on edge rushers.  Jarvis Jones isn't much either.

The Steelers used to one of the only teams looking for these 3-4 edge rushers. Those 4-3 ends with the right frame to convert to standing up. Now there are more 3-4 teams than before and there are 4-3 teams who covet the tweener as they run more 3-4 fronts. 

Reply/Quote
Dupree apparently had a pretty good game versus Green Bay.

And all he needed to do was turn his brain off.

Classic Steeler solution. He's truly assimilating well over there.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/08/pittsburgh_steelers_bud_dupree_thinking.html
Reply/Quote