Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For those who wanted Bud Dupree over Ced
(08-20-2015, 08:37 AM)corpjet Wrote: Not trying to start a fight but when is the last time a highly drafted kid out of UK performed up to his NFL billing?

Randall Cobb?
Reply/Quote
I wasn't very high on Dupree.. He didn't seem to fit our scheme. I was high on Malcolm Brown.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 08:41 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Randall Cobb?

Yep......and I wanted him too....but don't forget Woodyard and Trevathan. ThumbsUp

EDIT: oh....and Jacob Tamme

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 08:37 AM)corpjet Wrote: Not trying to start a fight but when is the last time a highly drafted kid out of UK performed up to his NFL billing?

Wh,y Craig Yeast of course!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Just heard on Pittsburgh sports radio about Dupree's situation yesterday.

Apparently he got into a scuffle with Beachum(?) And Harrison and Hayward had to hold him back. Then like 2 plays later he got into it with someone else and Tomlin kicked him out of practice lol

Not writing Dupree off or anything, but it's just nice to see this kind of stuff happening with our division rivals and not us.

But, I'm sure this would be considered "fiery leadership!!!!" by some of the knobs on here if it was happening to one of our rookies.

Doubt it. 
Iloka wasn't called a leader when he did it. He was called an idiot
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Doubt it. 
Iloka wasn't called a leader when he did it. He was called an idiot

Eh that's why I had to qualify it as "some" of the people on here.

Some people will call anything boneheaded like that "leadership" as long as it involved the guy yelling or fighting someone. It's definitely a minority group, but boy is it funny when it happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh that's why I had to qualify it as "some" of the people on here.

Some people will call anything boneheaded like that "leadership" as long as it involved the guy yelling or fighting someone. It's definitely a minority group, but boy is it funny when it happens.

Every team has that group of fans. 
Ignore them. Unless you are just the opposite side of that coin...
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Every team has that group of fans. 
Ignore them. Unless you are just the opposite side of that coin...

IMO it's really, really, really hard to define leadership.

I saw this in the same thread a couple weeks ago.

One guy said "Andy wears a rubber wedding ring, no one respects him!", and like 2 seconds later I got to see another guy explain why Andy's large penis HAS to mean he inspires others with his leadership abilities.

I believe it was Nately that summed it up very nicely in a much longer, more eloquent post, basically people can make whatever they want out of leadership. You can pretty much use anything you want to sway the definition of whichever player you want to seem like a leader (or not, either way). It's really hard to define for these guys, but I do know that I don't believe it has anything to do with what style of wedding ring they wear or how large their penis is. THAT, I do know, but leadership is one tricky discussion generally.
Reply/Quote

Larry Warford
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Larry Warford

Yeah.....that was the o lineman I couldn't remember.....played HS ball here at Madison Central didn't he?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 01:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....that was the o lineman I couldn't remember.....played HS ball here at Madison Central didn't he?

Yep.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Corey Peters is a solid NFL player too, just can't avoid injuries.

Avery Williamson will be a starter and a good LB for the Titans as well.

Heck, UK has produced more NFL talent than MANY FBS schools who have won a lot more games than they have over the past decade. How many NFL starters does Kansas State, Kansas or Illinois have in the NFL? All have been to BCS games...UK has had three seasons at .500 or better.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 10:45 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Corey Peters is a solid NFL player too, just can't avoid injuries.

Avery Williamson will be a starter and a good LB for the Titans as well.

Heck, UK has produced more NFL talent than MANY FBS schools who have won a lot more games than they have over the past decade.  How many NFL starters does Kansas State, Kansas or Illinois have in the NFL?  All have been to BCS games...UK has had three seasons at .500 or better.

It's the lack of "skill" position players that's keeping them in the basement of the SEC. They make solid prospects all around the team except there it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Just heard on Pittsburgh sports radio about Dupree's situation yesterday.

Apparently he got into a scuffle with Beachum(?) And Harrison and Hayward had to hold him back. Then like 2 plays later he got into it with someone else and Tomlin kicked him out of practice lol

Not writing Dupree off or anything, but it's just nice to see this kind of stuff happening with our division rivals and not us.

But, I'm sure this would be considered "fiery leadership!!!!" by some of the knobs on here if it was happening to one of our rookies.

Yeah, way too early to write Dupree off. He wasn't my top choice, but I wouldn't have minded taking him. A lot of the problem those in the Dupree camp had with the Ced pick was that Dupree was supposed to be an immediate upgrade, while Ced wouldn't contribute much, if anything, as a rookie. However, the fact that it doesn't look like Dupree will see the field as a rookie, either, takes the steam out of that argument.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:17 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: I was one of the people a little bit upset about the Bengals passing on Bud Dupree and letting him fall to Steelers.
Though I am happy with the pick of Ced if he heals up. Kid would have been in the top 10 possibly top 5.

any how this little tid bit about Bud Dupree is coming out

Bud Dupree struggling to adjust to NFL

The Steelers drafted Kentucky pass-rusher Bud Dupree in the first round of this year's draft in hopes the All-SEC performer could upgrade their porous defense as early as 2015. That's not happening anytime soon based on his struggles in training camp and through two preseason games. ESPN NFL Insider Louis Riddick thinks Dupree's performance thus far is a "real concern."

You can listen here
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13457137

or read about it here
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/14762/bud-dupree-not-a-real-concern-for-steelers-but-he-needs-to-show-more-explosion-vs-packers

Tomlin takes way more risks on high pick pass rushers than Cowher ever did .... This has kept them from getting some corners.

I like our way of drafting. mike brown and crew has it down to a science.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 03:27 AM)Element Wrote: Let me get this straight, dont we agree it was annoying when people were writing Dre Kirk off in his rookie year? And we are already writing off this guy after two PRESEASON games? Alright.

I pointed this out, and I would often say that a Steelers 1st round pick with Dre's stat sheet after 3 seasons would be lauded a laughable bust, but meh.  I think it's sort of like we laugh about the Steelers going one-n-done in their past 2 appearances while acting like we are in a golden age for doing it 4 times in a row.

I don't expect this to be a popular post, so meh.
Reply/Quote
I did NOT want him!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:17 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: I was one of the people a little bit upset about the Bengals passing on Bud Dupree and letting him fall to Steelers.
Though I am happy with the pick of Ced if he heals up. Kid would have been in the top 10 possibly top 5.

any how this little tid bit about Bud Dupree is coming out

Bud Dupree struggling to adjust to NFL

The Steelers drafted Kentucky pass-rusher Bud Dupree in the first round of this year's draft in hopes the All-SEC performer could upgrade their porous defense as early as 2015. That's not happening anytime soon based on his struggles in training camp and through two preseason games. ESPN NFL Insider Louis Riddick thinks Dupree's performance thus far is a "real concern."

You can listen here
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13457137

or read about it here
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/14762/bud-dupree-not-a-real-concern-for-steelers-but-he-needs-to-show-more-explosion-vs-packers

Initially I wanted Dupree, but later realized he wasn't a good fit for a 4-3.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was wanting Malcom Brown : /

This was my pick as well. Didn't have much interest in Dupree. A solid NT type would add some youth to the interior. Devon Still simply not on my list of guys I want to make the team.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I pointed this out, and I would often say that a Steelers 1st round pick with Dre's stat sheet after 3 seasons would be lauded a laughable bust, but meh.  I think it's sort of like we laugh about the Steelers going one-n-done in their past 2 appearances while acting like we are in a golden age for doing it 4 times in a row.

I don't expect this to be a popular post, so meh.

Somewhat different situations, though. The Bengals drafted Kirk to develop behind three solid veteran players. The Steelers drafted Dupree because they needed a rush OLB to replace Worilds in the starting lineup. The Bengals have hit their target with what they wanted to do with the Kirk pick, as he was intended to be molded over time into a good player, not make an impact quickly. The Steelers failed in their intentions with the Dupree pick because he was drafted to start immediately, and he's struggling badly in camp.
Reply/Quote