Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-30-2020, 05:13 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I answered this for you once...Are you hard of reading?  I thought you went to UC?

The name of the school is "The Ohio State University"  It literally has the word THE in the name.

Go to google and type in Ohio State and read the name.

Go to google and type in LSU and read the name.

It is really simple.....

Tell it to someone who gives a shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm sorry, what?

Poll Era (1936-present, otherwise Yale and Princeton would be at the top with a ton of, "NC Wins.)"

Alabama 12
Notre Dame 8
Oklahoma 7
USC 7
Ohio State 6
Miami (FL) 5
Nebraska 5
LSU 4
Texas 4
Minnesota 4

I may be the only somewhat LSU-fan on these boards (thank you, Whitworth Big Grin) but get off your ******* high horse.

Your beloved team has only 2 more NC wins in 94 years, than LSU. *2*

LSU is a "class of the league," team, basically year in, year out and they just had probably the greatest college football season in the sport's history.

Since when has OSU had even close to a best season in College Football history?

What was my meaning of that statement?  It is this...throwing out history and bringing it to modern standards with the playoffs.

OSU
Playoffs 
3 times in 6 years and 1 National Championship

75-8 record and worst ranking in final poll is 6th.

LSU
1 time, 1 Championship this year

59-19 record and final poll rankings, a 1st and 6th, the last 2 years

LSU has had very good teams but until this year the were not a consistent playoff contender or even NC contender for close to a decade.

Just because they are in the SEC does not make them a contender every year.

I am not bashing on LSU, they are just not the consistent football program that Ohio State is at this time or even the last 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 05:37 PM)spazz70 Wrote: What was my meaning of that statement?  It is this...throwing out history and bringing it to modern standards with the playoffs.

OSU
Playoffs 

LSU

LSU has had very good teams but until this year the were not a consistent playoff contender or even NC contender for close to a decade.

I am not bashing on LSU, they are just not the consistent football program that Ohio State is at this time or even the last 10 years.

Which makes Burrow even better cause he was the biggest reason LSU was sooo good last year.

Sooo much better than OSU last year. Biggest reason, Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which makes Burrow even better cause he was the biggest reason LSU was sooo good last year.

Sooo much better than OSU last year. Biggest reason, Joe Burrow.

Buckeye fans are still grieving because they believe they got cheated out of the chance to be the one who got the Joe Burrow beat down in the title game, when the truth is Ryan Day got outcoached by Dabo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 05:37 PM)spazz70 Wrote: What was my meaning of that statement?  It is this...throwing out history and bringing it to modern standards with the playoffs.

OSU
Playoffs 

LSU

While you are correct, a couple of things here:

1. Indeed, they are SEC (AND, SEC West on top of that), which means consistently tougher opponents, along with the best college football program in the history of the sport (Alabama), so record will always be worse.

2. B10 isn't even in the same realm of competition or recruiting, as the SEC; If OSU put up those numbers in the SEC, you are 100% correct. But being the *sole* powerhouse in a conference that has 4 good teams (OSU, PSU, Michigan and a swinging 4th of MSU/Minnesota/Wisconsin), will definitely give them a better schedule.

3. OSU also had Urban Meyer, arguably the best coach and recruiter in the modern era (after Nick Saban, of course) for all CFP seasons but 1, whereas LSU had Les Freakin' Miles for all but 2 seasons of that same time, which puts the, "behind the scenes," stuff as the winner for OSU as well in this category.

Again, numbers are numbers and you are totally correct, but once context comes into play, those numbers can be shot full of holes.

The Stoolers have 6 rings; maybe, MAYBE 2 of them were on merit. The rest? Bad calls, confessed-biased officiating, literally the flukiest play(s) in NFL history. The 6 rings look great and they DO have them, but once context is thrown in? Holes can be shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: Dalton is the polar opposite of Burrow.  He always looked directly at one or two receivers and he was terrible at reading defenses.  I am telling you that If Dalton didn't have AJ green and the amazing team around him all those years the guy would have never been a starting QB for more than a year or two.  

Kind of makes you wander how great AJ really is right? Playing with sub par QB his whole career..
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol surgeon.  thats one doctor I would never want to have

If Dalton was a surgeon he’d work on the wrong leg.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 01:03 PM)McC Wrote: It's simple really.  Some folks just can't stand to see people happy about anything.  This phenomenon has been showing itself around here for about the last week.  Cabin fever may or may not also be in play.

Last week!?!?!

Where have you been for the past few years when a large portion of the crowd around here did nothing but ***** and moan no matter what happened.

Win a division title?...…"Regular season games are meaningless"

Lose any regular season game...…. "OMG! OMG!  Marvin and Andy suck!  Cry This team never wins anything! Cry "
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Last week!?!?!

Where have you been for the past few years when a large portion of the crowd around here did nothing but ***** and moan no matter what happened.

Win a division title?...…"Regular season games are meaningless"

Lose any regular season game...…. "OMG! OMG!  Marvin and Andy suck!  Cry This team never wins anything! Cry "

And why are you bitching and moaning now after this team finally going out and having a great Free Agency?

Quit bitching Fred. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 10:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If Dalton was a surgeon he’d work on the wrong leg.

This isn’t aimed at you in particular but this trope has outlived its usefulness. We are all getting our wish of moving on from Andy Dalton but to pretend he was an incompetent scrub is unfair. The past four seasons have been less than stellar for the entire Bengals team and yes, Andy Dalton has his share of the blame.

As I said, we’re all ready for the next chapter behind center, so to speak...

...but I’m going to remember Andy Dalton for what he brought to the team from 2011-2015 especially. Only a handful of quarterbacks in NFL history led their team to five straight playoff appearances; that’s seriously an amazing accomplishment. The franchise quarterback records he holds will be hard to beat.

Andy is as good as gone but let’s be classy fans about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This isn’t aimed at you in particular but this trope has outlived its usefulness.  We are all getting our wish of moving on from Andy Dalton but to pretend he was an incompetent scrub is unfair.  The past four seasons have been less than stellar for the entire Bengals team and yes, Andy Dalton has his share of the blame.

...but I’m going to remember Andy Dalton for what he brought to the team from 2011-2015 especially.  Only a handful of quarterbacks in NFL history led their team to five straight playoff appearances; that’s seriously an amazing accomplishment.  The franchise quarterback records he holds will be hard to beat.

For sure

i must admit I got fed up with AD after the first Pittsburgh game last season. But he doesn't deserve to be called a scum bum or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure

i must admit I got fed up with AD after the first Pittsburgh game last season. But he doesn't deserve to be called a scum bum or whatever.

Trash o line, WRs that can't get separation, and Tomlin coaching circles around Taylor. Andy looked really bad that game, but there was a lot going on there.

Personally I'm just tired of everyone constantly talking about the guy. I wish him well though. The guy was booed at a charity event for Pete's sake... He deserves/ deserves better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And why are you bitching and moaning now after this team finally going out and having a great Free Agency?

I am just being consistent.  I am bitching about signing Josh Bynes for the same reason I bitched about signing A.J. Hawk and Karlos Dansby. 

The real question should be why everyone here is so thrilled about signing a 9 year vet to a league minimum contract to fix our problems at LB.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am just being consistent.  I am bitching about signing Josh Bynes for the same reason I bitched about signing A.J. Hawk and Karlos Dansby. 

The real question should be why everyone here is so thrilled about signing a 9 year vet to a league minimum contract to fix our problems at LB.

I believe this is a thread about Joe Burrow.  You're trolling about Josh Bynes.  Maybe the initials threw you off.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am just being consistent.  I am bitching about signing Josh Bynes for the same reason I bitched about signing A.J. Hawk and Karlos Dansby. 

You’re being obtuse. That’s consistent too. I don’t believe the bengals, or the rest of us, feel he will fix our linebacker problems by himself. Hopefully it is a step towards that endeavor. He will not be the only addition to that unit.

Bitching about a near minimum contract with all the other signings they’ve done. Whatevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

“Thrilled” is a bit much. Did Bynes even get a single vote in the FA impact poll?

Reply/Quote

We all wanted another Linebacker and Bynes is a good one, not thrilled but he should help our young LB's we should add.

Namely in tackling which he is good at, unlike your boy Vigil and I don't dislike Vigil. He just struggled tackling.

We need to tackle better to get many more 3 and outs to get Burrow the ball on a regular basis.
Reply/Quote

OSU
Playoffs 

LSU

Dude I am a Buckeye fan too but this is a Bengals forum. Lets talk Bengals. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This isn’t aimed at you in particular but this trope has outlived its usefulness. We are all getting our wish of moving on from Andy Dalton but to pretend he was an incompetent scrub is unfair. The past four seasons have been less than stellar for the entire Bengals team and yes, Andy Dalton has his share of the blame.

...but I’m going to remember Andy Dalton for what he brought to the team from 2011-2015 especially. Only a handful of quarterbacks in NFL history led their team to five straight playoff appearances; that’s seriously an amazing accomplishment. The franchise quarterback records he holds will be hard to beat.

I understand what you are saying. Its just some of us have different opinions of Andy.

Personally, I'm pretty much meh. He never played well in big games or under the lights.

Am I sorry to see him go---nope, not in the least...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote