Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
I'm not sure, but I think Denny once banned me for forgetting to put the cap back on a sharpie that I PAID for..
Ok, that didn't happen, but I did get tired of making new email addresses and usernames. Back then you could get banned for farting while posting. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn....Denny is like a really really bad fart. Just when you thought he was finally gone, a little more of him finds a way to linger around.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
100% true story: One time on the old JN I got a warning/ infraction and neg rep from Denny for making a comment about a writer. I don't remember the exact details, but it was someone like Pete Piscro. I started a thread about an article, linked it and everything, and said something like Prisco is a moron. The best part was I was defending the Bengals or a player, against something stupid he said.

So yeah, he negs me and gives me an infraction for "insulting other member".

I sent a PM to him asking if he knew Prisco was a writer and not a member. I told to read the story to see I was ripping him for dogging us.

He sent me a short reply of "I'll remove the warning just this once. I won't be so nice next time" (paraphrased).

Lol. No apology. No jovial "my bad" jokes. Nothing. He acted like he was doing me a favor. All cuz I called a writer of Bengals hit piece a moron.

Meanwhile, there was probably at least 100 different insults, way worse than moron, that I received that month alone and the dude never said a peep or did squat. Not that I cared, but there's some irony in being scolded for calling someone a moron, while simultaneously being called every name in the book.

It's like walking down the street while people all around you are fighting, looting, starting fires, tipping cars and having a cop detain you for jaywalking. Like, dude, look around you. There's a guy getting stabbed over there, why are you messing with me?

Another true story: Before I knew Denny's story (hot wife, good looking family, own business) I thought he might be, how you say, "challenged". Not saying that to be mean or funny or anything. I really did. I thought it was 50-50 it was either a mental capacity situation or a big troll job. One or the other. I even PMd my good pal Shake to ask him if he knew if Denny was maybe "special". Remember that at all, Shake?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all we must understand the dynamic of the 2 Boards

The Mothership was associated with the organization. The Mods had to defend the image. Here the Mods answer to nobody.

To say Denny over-defended the team is only knowing half the story and bytching about it. He very well may have had directives to follow to keep the board functioning as long as it did.

I appreciated the Mothership and all Denny and the rest of the mods did. If I didn't agree with their stance; just like here, I'd state my piece and move on.

He was open as to where he sat at the games and invited anyone to stop by.

It's one thing to have a positive outlook. It's quite another to be completely fake about it while passive aggressively degrading others that didn't share Denny's love for Mike Brown's ****. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 04:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. Denny made sure to flaunt that picture as his avatar. 

Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free. 

#manlove
#notthatthereisanythingwrongwiththat
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Damn....Denny is like a really really bad fart. Just when you thought he was finally gone, a little more of him finds a way to linger around.

I just think we are being nostalgic.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 10:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I just think we are being nostalgic.

True

In any case, I bear no ill will towards DeenyG and hope he is doing great.

This board is way better then the mothership because of the mods and the respect almost everyone who posts has for each other.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Damn....Denny is like a really really bad fart. Just when you thought he was finally gone, a little more of him finds a way to linger around.

More like herpes. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 10:43 AM)bengals67 Wrote: True

In any case, I bear no ill will towards DeenyG and hope he is doing great.

This board is way better then the mothership because of the mods and the respect almost everyone who posts has for each other.

Your last statement is golden. :andy:

rep
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 03:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free. 

#manlove
#notthatthereisanythingwrongwiththat

I think those carts are powered by electricity. So it's not gas. I don't think Mike Brown blazes it up... No grass. That leaves only one option.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 100% true story: One time on the old JN I got a warning/ infraction and neg rep from Denny for making a comment about a writer. I don't remember the exact details, but it was someone like Pete Piscro. I started a thread about an article, linked it and everything, and said something like Prisco is a moron. The best part was I was defending the Bengals or a player, against something stupid he said.

So yeah, he negs me and gives me an infraction for "insulting other member".

I sent a PM to him asking if he knew Prisco was a writer and not a member.  I told to read the story to see I was ripping him for dogging us.

He sent me a short reply of "I'll remove the warning just this once. I won't be so nice next time" (paraphrased).

Lol. No apology. No jovial "my bad" jokes. Nothing.  He acted like he was doing me a favor. All cuz I called a writer of Bengals hit piece a moron.

Meanwhile, there was probably at least 100 different insults, way worse than moron, that I received that month alone and the dude never said a peep or did squat. Not that I cared, but there's some irony in being scolded for calling someone a moron, while simultaneously being called every name in the book.

It's like walking down the street while people all around you are fighting, looting, starting fires, tipping cars and having a cop detain you for jaywalking.  Like, dude, look around you. There's a guy getting stabbed over there, why are you messing with me?

Another true story: Before I knew Denny's story (hot wife, good looking family, own business) I thought he might be, how you say, "challenged".  Not saying that to be mean or funny or anything. I really did. I thought it was 50-50 it was either a mental capacity situation or a big troll job. One or the other. I even PMd my good pal Shake to ask him if he knew if Denny was maybe "special". Remember that at all, Shake?

Lol. Actually, I was thinking about that old PM you sent me as I was reading your post.

(02-17-2017, 03:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's one thing to have a positive outlook. It's quite another to be completely fake about it while passive aggressively degrading others that didn't share Denny's love for Mike Brown's ****. 

Exactly. Denny's "positivity" was a proven charade, and it seemed as if he abused his mod powers by banning dissenters. And no....that doesn't happen here, despite the claims of a few. There's always good reason behind discipline here (usually involves cussing/personal attacks, or blatant trolling/alts). We've honestly given a longer leash to most than the old boards would have. Some abuse that leash, then are surprised when they finally get disciplined. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Just be wary when someone asks (just before the elevator door opens) "Does anyone smell popcorn?"
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all we must understand the dynamic of the 2 Boards

The Mothership was associated with the organization. The Mods had to defend the image. Here the Mods answer to nobody.

To say Denny over-defended the team is only knowing half the story and bytching about it. He very well may have had directives to follow to keep the board functioning as long as it did.

I appreciated the Mothership and all Denny and the rest of the mods did. If I didn't agree with their stance; just like here, I'd state my piece and move on.

He was open as to where he sat at the games and invited anyone to stop by.

He was an absolutely horrible moderator, and an even worse poster. He contributed zilch to the discussion. He almost never provided any facts, analysis, or shared an honest opinion.

I think you can look to every single other mod on how one can be both positive and respectful of others. I think 34 did a tremendous job of toting the line.  Taking the approach of something as simple as "this is what I think and here's why..." goes a long way. Giving an honest and thoughtful opinion and taking the time to explain breeds much more civility that offering nothing to support your stance.

I think Denny purposely wrote things to antagonize people, NOT because he believed it, and NOT because he wanted to contribute to the discussion.  And at the end of the day, mod or not, that's what everyone is ultimately here for. To talk sports. I never got the impression he wanted to talk about anything.  His words were the literal equivalent of a kid sticking his tongue out.

He did way more harm than good. Writing the things he did only made the negativity worse IMO. Blatant attempts to rile people are going elicit stronger reactions than thoughtful takes.

Think of it this way, if someone writes about how they think The Eagles are their favorite band and gives you a bunch of reasons why they legitimately like them more than The Beatles it will much better received than someone writing something like "The Eagles are the greatest band ever" and just ending it there. That's going to lead to way more negative rebuttals and statements about the band, because the opinion comes across as absurd.

He knew what he was doing. And that's called trolling.  He made the boards worse. He made the negativity worse, and he was terrible at moderating. The dude just plained sucked.  There is no other half to the story.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 02:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was an absolutely horrible moderator, and an even worse poster. He contributed zilch to the discussion. He almost never provided any facts, analysis, or shared an honest opinion.

I think you can look to every single other mod on how one can be both positive and respectful of others. I think 34 did a tremendous job of toting the line.  Taking the approach of something as simple as "this is what I think and here's why..." goes a long way. Giving an honest and thoughtful opinion and taking the time to explain breeds much more civility that offering nothing to support your stance.

I think Denny purposely wrote things to antagonize people, NOT because he believed it, and NOT because he wanted to contribute to the discussion.  And at the end of the day, mod or not, that's what everyone is ultimately here for. To talk sports. I never got the impression he wanted to talk about anything.  His words were the literal equivalent of a kid sticking his tongue out.

He did way more harm than good. Writing the things he did only made the negativity worse IMO. Blatant attempts to rile people are going elicit stronger reactions than thoughtful takes.

Think of it this way, if someone writes about how they think The Eagles are their favorite band and gives you a bunch of reasons why they legitimately like them more than The Beatles it will much better received than someone writing something like "The Eagles are the greatest band ever" and just ending it there. That's going to lead to way more negative rebuttals and statements about the band, because the opinion comes across as absurd.

He knew what he was doing. And that's called trolling.  He made the boards worse. He made the negativity worse, and he was terrible at moderating. The dude just plained sucked.  There is no other half to the story.

I personally witnessed Denny intentionally antagonize posters in order to illicit a reaction so he could ban them. Then he would delete the interaction. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. Actually, I was thinking about that old PM you sent me as I was reading your post.

Exactly. Denny's "positivity" was a proven charade, and it seemed as if he abused his mod powers by banning dissenters. And no....that doesn't happen here, despite the claims of a few. There's always good reason behind discipline here (usually involves cussing/personal attacks, or blatant trolling/alts). We've honestly given a longer leash to most than the old boards would have. Some abuse that leash, then are surprised when they finally get disciplined. 

Shots fired!
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
denny suspended me because I use the word pee pee in one of my threads
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 02:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I personally witnessed Denny intentionally antagonize posters in order to illicit a reaction so he could ban them. Then he would delete the interaction. 

That's what happened to Joe.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 05:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's what happened to Joe.

Joe Flo Y'All!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 05:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's what happened to Joe.

If I remember correctly, Joe got banned right after the first playoff loss of the Dalton/Green era.

Tensions were high anyways, so I'm not surprised some people got banned. I never saw what happened to Joe though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I used to get along pretty well with all of the old Mods and Admins. Denny seemed to like me because during some of our worst seasons, I'd post some "Rah! Rah!" post in JN about how great the Bengals were. They were meant to be so homerish that they would be funny. I don't think he ever picked up on the fact that it was a joke or that I was doing it in parody (I laid the homerism on pretty thick). Sometimes he'd show up in The Lounge and we would chat with him for a few minutes and tease him about how he didn't deserve his gorgeous wife.

But that all changed after the Joe from Flo blowout. He was totally unfriendly to just about everyone after that point. Joe told me a little bit about it later, but I never got Denny's side of it. I suspect there were sometings going on in Denny's personal life we didn't know about.

Be that as it may, I don't have anything against him. I wish him well where ever he is.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote