Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Former Players react
(01-16-2022, 08:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He felt disrespected in my opinion and screwed up I have met him twice and found him modest and seemed to be a good guy

Yesv i think he feels remorse and glad he sent the tweet

Emotions got high. I didn’t like the way he handled that situation one bit but it’s hard for anyone in the spot.

I’m not big on holding grudges, takes too much effort. He’s been decent once that situation was resolved so I’m not gonna trash the guy. Moving on was really best for both sides.

Hope once his playing days are over he patches things up and can have a good relationship with this franchise moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Unrelated to this thread but his mom was just found dead earlier this week.

There was a time when he seemed like he was going to be a nice pick for us.
Yeah. He was the one "veteran" that kind of clicked with Dalton . . . for an entire game and a half before Shipley was injured and Dalton missed the entire second half of his first game. His 52 catches on 74 targets as a rookie on a team with Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens is very impressive, especially since we all know how Marvin Lewis treated rookies. The following year, rookie AJ Green had 65 catches on 115 targets as the #1 WR, but AJ also had a rookie QB and was facing each team's #1 CB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Unrelated to this thread but his mom was just found dead earlier this week.

There was a time when he seemed like he was going to be a nice pick for us.

Sad to hear that with Jordan. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He felt disrespected in my opinion and screwed up I have met him twice and found him modest and seemed to be a good guy

Yesv i think he feels remorse and glad he sent the tweet

Yeah man... Carlos will always be one of my favorite Bengals. I loved the way he played when he was at his peak. Pick 6s, forced fumbles, running guys down from behind... Years of losing can sour a guy. He didn't handle it well, and the team didn't handle him well. I'm glad he was big enough to shout us out. He's forever a Bengal in my mind.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah man... Carlos will always be one of my favorite Bengals. I loved the way he played when he was at his peak. Pick 6s, forced fumbles, running guys down from behind... Years of losing can sour a guy. He didn't handle it well, and the team didn't handle him well. I'm glad he was big enough to shout us out. He's forever a Bengal in my mind.

Still remember the play where he just tore the ball out of Anquan Boldin's hands in that Niner game....

I like Los, just didn't like how he left here but him giving us a shout out like that makes him all good with me again.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still remember the play where he just tore the ball out of Anquan Boldin's hands in that Niner game....

I like Los, just didn't like how he left here but him giving us a shout out like that makes him all good with me again.

Yeah... Like I said it was handled poorly on both sides, but one need look no farther than my post history during 2018 through last year to see that I wasn't handling the Bengals very well myself. I'd become damn near apathetic til Burrow showed up, and I wasn't thrilled with how they performed last year. Winning cures all, and time heals all wounds (except for Carson apparently)... I love the environment on here today.

Who Dey y'all !!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:09 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Like I said it was handled poorly on both sides, but one need look no farther than my post history during 2018 through last year to see that I wasn't handling the Bengals very well myself. I'd become damn near apathetic til Burrow showed up, and I wasn't thrilled with how they performed last year. Winning cures all, and time heals all wounds (except for Carson apparently)... I love the environment on here today.

Who Dey y'all !!!

I was getting there Jason and I was maybe the most positive poster on the board lol

It is all good now, yes sir! WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sheesh dude. He didn't fumble on purpose, and with the way fans treated him, I can understand why he got salty. He seems to have forgiven and is giving props to our team. Maybe we should show him the same amount of class?

Sorry. That game still upsets me every time I think about it.

OK, my apologies. The monkey is off our back. Clean slate.

Kum bay yah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah man... Carlos will always be one of my favorite Bengals. I loved the way he played when he was at his peak. Pick 6s, forced fumbles, running guys down from behind... Years of losing can sour a guy. He didn't handle it well, and the team didn't handle him well. I'm glad he was big enough to shout us out. He's forever a Bengal in my mind.

To be honest, I think Carlos kind of lost it when he got kicked out of that park in Florida during the off season. I'm not sure what transpired, but he thought it was racial, and maybe it was. But he came back to Cincy demanding Mike Brown put out statements, etc, and to me never really focused on football. There was a lot going on at that time across the country, and I think he took a lot of it personal and lost football focus. I don't say that as a knock on him, he just never seemed to be the same guy after that to me. Arguing with coaches, posting depth charts on instagram, etc. All that stuff was out of character for him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To be honest, I think Carlos kind of lost it when he got kicked out of that park in Florida during the off season. I'm not sure what transpired, but he thought it was racial, and maybe it was. But he came back to Cincy demanding Mike Brown put out statements, etc, and to me never really focused on football. There was a lot going on at that time across the country, and I think he took a lot of it personal and lost football focus. I don't say that as a knock on him, he just never seemed to be the same guy after that to me. Arguing with coaches, posting depth charts on instagram, etc. All that stuff was out of character for him. 

I think some fans let politics shape their thought process too much.

It is silly to point to that incident at the park as having anything to do with his level of play.  It was obviously all about his relationship with the coaching staff.  If his head had been messed up over that offseason incident why would it 100% disappear as soon as he went to Seattle?  That makes no sense at all.

A lot of fans turned on Carlos because of his cultural stance and then decided he sucked at football.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think some fans let politics shape their thought process too much.

It is silly to point to that incident at the park as having anything to do with his level of play.  It was obviously all about his relationship with the coaching staff.  If his head had been messed up over that offseason incident why would it 100% disappear as soon as he went to Seattle?  That makes no sense at all.

A lot of fans turned on Carlos because of his cultural stance and then decided he sucked at football.

It's just a feeling I have and not going to debate it. He came into Cincinnati that pre season with other things on his mind obviously. Things went downhill from there. No way to know for sure what it was all about. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No way to know for sure what it was all about. 

Actually it is pretty easy to know what it was all about.  He was feuding with the coaches.  As soon as he got to another team under different coaches he returned to playing at a high level.
Reply/Quote
Ok Fred...
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/alums-salute-bengals-playoff-ride-in-a-connector-of-history

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote