Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former tennis pro James Blake assaulted by a cop
http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-releases-video-cop-tackling-james-blake-mistaken/story?id=33687388

Former tennis pro James Blake was waiting outside his hotel in NYC waiting to go to the U.S. Open.

An undercover cops rushes him, grabs his arm and drops him to the ground before handcuffing him on a busy street. The cop said he resisted arrest, which is why he put him on the ground, but he didn't identify himself to Blake when he assaulted him.

15 minutes later, the cops finally looked at his Id and realized they had the wrong guy...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Idiot cop. LEOs are trained to always state clearly who they are and give clear and concise orders. To just rush a random guy on a street was stupid on his part, especially considering he was undercover and had the wrong guy to begin with.
I get that it's safer for the officer, but I'm still of the line of thinking an officer should always identify themselves unless there's a very high possibility doing so would get someone injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Isolated incident. Not profiling. Nothing to see here.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-11-2015, 06:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-releases-video-cop-tackling-james-blake-mistaken/story?id=33687388

Former tennis pro James Blake was waiting outside his hotel in NYC waiting to go to the U.S. Open.

An undercover cops rushes him, grabs his arm and drops him to the ground before handcuffing him on a busy street. The cop said he resisted arrest, which is why he put him on the ground, but he didn't identify himself to Blake when he assaulted him.

15 minutes later, the cops finally looked at his Id and realized they had the wrong guy...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/002da00fd89c49828c5375875e236080/ex-tennis-star-james-blake-fire-nyc-officer-who-tackled-me#overlay-context=article/258b39d1dcb8496cbf0dfbf70452451f/latest-man-held-isnt-top-suspect-freeway-shootings

Quote:The arresting officer, James Frascatore, who has been with the NYPD for four years, has been named in several civil rights lawsuits alleging excessive force. He has also been the subject of four civilian complaints — an above-average number for NYPD officers, according to complaint data.

"I think that that kind of police officer tarnishes the badge, which I have the utmost respect for and I believe that the majority of police officers do great work and they're heroes," Blake told the AP. "So this person doesn't ever belong in the same sentence with the heroes that are doing the right kind of police work and keeping the public safe."

A message left at a number listed for Frascatore, 38, wasn't immediately returned. Officials have said he was exonerated of one civilian complaint, a second was unsubstantiated and he was sanctioned for not identifying himself in a third. The status of the fourth complaint was unclear.

A spokesman for his union did not return a message seeking comment Saturday. But on Friday, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch said Blake's arrest was made "under fluid circumstances where the subject might have fled, and the officer did a professional job of bringing the individual to the ground."

Frascatore has been placed on desk duty while internal affairs detectives continue their investigation. At issue is not only Blake's takedown but whether the use-of-force wasn't properly reported up the chain of command — leaving police brass to learn of it only after Blake spoke to the media.

But determining what discipline, if any, Frascatore could receive won't happen any time soon.

Depending on the results of an internal investigation, he could face departmental charges. If Frascatore chooses to fight those charges, he would do so in a departmental trial where he could face potential punishments ranging from a loss of vacation days to performance monitoring or other disciplinary actions.